2,750 results
All reviews rock climbing non smoking climbing gym base camp non gaming hotel boutique hotel club level front desk downtown reno the concierge lounge valet service valet parking casino hotels great place to stay shower head hot august nights el dorado
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Too bad the high rating this property could have earned is degraded by poorly trained front desk staff. I would be reluctant to recommend or return given the front desk staff
Check-in was GREAT, even communicating w/ the property prior to arrival was super impressive and courteous. Unfortunately, once they had us captive, service took a turn for the worse. We had to make a separate reservation as we decided to arrive a day early. The original booking was done via Booking.com, so it was not possible for the hotel to add another day. So we booked the first day of our arrival w/ the hotel directly. They assured us, we would be able to stay in the same room for the subsequent nights. Front of the house apparently forgot to communicate w/ the back of the house. We had housekeeping wake us up EARLY - way before published check-out time! And not once, but three times. Then another guest tried to use a key to enter our room. We let the front desk know, and they just shrugged it off. Housekeeping was not advised of our extended reservation, so the staff were not able to provide the necessary services. Overall, the property location, value and vibe is good - but I would be reluctant to recommend or return given the front desk staff.

Room Tip: DO NOT select a room close to the elevators or mid hallway - Insist on room at end of hall, high floor - the street noise is bad, and windows are thin.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jake W, Front Office Manager at Whitney Peak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m very sorry to hear about the miscommunication between Housekeeping and the Front Desk that resulted in your door being knocked on prior to departure. I’ve already spoken with our Executive Housekeeper and shared your feedback, he will be addressing it with his team so that this can be avoided in the future. I’m glad to see the Front Desk was able to extend your reservation and keep you in the same room, I hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable outside of this issue… as far as the guest trying to enter your room by mistake, I hope they realized shortly after that they had the incorrect room. Our Saflok doorlock system is in place specifically to prevent individuals from accessing rooms they are not supposed to, it sounds like it functioned properly in this case.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you have any additional feedback or concerns. In the event that you need a room in Reno in the future, I would love the opportunity to do my utmost to make this up to you. I can be reached via email at jwright@whitneypeakhotel.com and my direct line is 775.398.5461.

Take care,
Jake

Reviewed 2 May 2018

I was in town for a volleyball tournament. The hotel has no casino in it, which makes it a rarity - clean, comfortable, non-smoky in Reno! I didn't get a chance to try out the rock climbing since I was involved with volleyball the entire weekend, but I'm going back with the kids in a couple of weeks of to try it.

The only odd thing is that they offer two ways to park - valet, which is $10 per day, or self parking, which is across the street (Virginia). The self-parking has an elevator and stairs when you exit, but none of the stairwell doors can be opened from the outside, so you can only take the elevator when you want to get back to your car. Or, you have to walk up the same ramp that the cars use, failing the elevator.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Great location. Fabulous international clientele. I loved being on the concierge floor, many hotels have done away with this service but should bring it back, it is so nice to grab coffee and breakfast before starting your day. My guest room was spacious, and the lighting in the bathroom excellent. I highly recommend this property.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We chose the Whitney Peak hotel, because it offered a smoke-free environment and was centrally located. You can walk to the casinos and the river front. Our room was on the 16th floor and it provided us with a nice view of Reno and the surrounding area. They provide free Wi-fi, use a card key system, and provide toiletries in the room; shampoo, body wash, conditioner, and soap. Breakfast was included and it is served in a hospitality room on the 15th floor which provides even better views of Reno as there are more windows. The breakfast included coffee, tea, cereal, Greek yogurt, breads, eggs, and fruit. There is also a gym and a rock climbing wall.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2018

We moved here after a few nights in a casino hotel. So nice to be in a non smoking updated environment with a beautiful bar and restaurant downstairs. And then there is the rock climbing gym and outdoor wall! What fun for us to climb outdoors at night!!! And if you really want to gamble there are many right there across the street. The riverfront district was great to walk around in with many new exceptional restaurants and shops

Room Tip: The suites are amazing
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family