1,193 results
All reviews claim jumper colorado river bubba gumps saltgrass steakhouse courtyard room salt grass river view pool area first floor parking garage other hotels grand canyon video poker east tower nice room coffee maker table games
Reviewed 19 October 2018

I stayed two nights at the Golden Nugget Laughlin in October, during an off-road race.

The thing that immediately struck me was how nice everyone on the staff was. In fact, not just the staff, but everyone I encountered in the hotel was just so nice!

I arrived much too early to check in, but the desk clerks did everything they could to get me into my room as quickly as possible. I had no problem with waiting – I was early, after all. But I appreciated their efforts.

While I waited, I sat in the Race & Sports Book watching the various sporting events. The casino is very clean and bright. It wasn’t crowded on a Friday early afternoon, and everyone seemed to be having a good time. There’s also a nice outdoor seating area (a smoking area) that was really nice because it was such a lovely day. I don’t smoke, but I also wasn’t bothered by the smoke from those who did.

I was able to check in a bit early, thanks to the lovely desk clerks. My room, a double queen, was very clean and comfortable. Guests have the choice of daily housekeeping, or “opting out” and receiving a $5 voucher for either free play or food (you choose which when you receive the voucher).

There’s a coffee maker and a bottle of water waiting. There are only two coffee pods, but you can get more simply by asking at the front desk. I was traveling alone, so there were plenty of towels, but you can get more also by simply asking for them. The hotel staff is cheerfully accommodating to the guests.

I had no problems at all with my room. It was quiet and clean and everything I look for in a hotel room. And, as I said, the staff at the Golden Nugget is awesome.

Two things for travelers to be aware of: Check in time is 4pm, and there’s a $50 room deposit. If you check in before 1pm, there’s an extra charge, as well. That could be important for people traveling on a strict budget, like I was. The $50 charge was released from my credit card when I checked out. Once you put the charge on a card, though, it may not be able to be changed, so ask for the deposit to put on another card when you check in, if necessary.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
ElizabethS5920, Public Relations Manager at Golden Nugget Laughlin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Hi Eileen, Thank you for taking the time to review Golden Nugget Laughlin. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and hope to have the opportunity welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

An ok hotel rooms could do with a refresh esp the carpets.Did nit lume the smoking within the casino.Claim jumper restaurant was quite good.Nothing much around vicinity of hotel.Alsi while place was chilly.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ElizabethS5920, Public Relations Manager at Golden Nugget Laughlin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Golden Nugget Laughlin. I have shared your feedback with our Hotel Management Team. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Laughlin is definitely the place to go if you want to have the fun of Vegas, but without the crowds and a more laid back atmosphere. The rooms were very nice and there’s s great variety of table games without high minimum bets.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
ElizabethS5920, Public Relations Manager at Golden Nugget Laughlin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Golden Nugget Laughlin. We are glad you enjoyed your recent visit. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

booked and paid for a premium room smoking, 6 months ahead.
On arrival we were told there were no rooms available for our requirements, even though we had paid in advance.
the woman on the reception was indifferent and looked like she had been sucking lemons all morning.
no alternative was offered , but they are happy to take your money and then Stiff you on arrival. will not return, there are so many nice hotels all with decent accommodation and i am sure the can accommodate any request especially as it was off season and very quiet.
will not return

Room tip: you cant they cannot guarantee any type of room regardless of how far in advance you request one and that is the excuse used.....
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank dolphinboy1
ElizabethS5920, Public Relations Manager at Golden Nugget Laughlin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Golden Nugget Laughlin. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointments during your visit with us. I have shared your feedback with our Hotel Management team. We hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Since mid November 2017 I have coming to Laughlin due to buying real estate in the area.
I come here regularly and enjoy staying at the Golden Nugget here in Laughlin.
I am a Landry Select member and enjoy the cleanliness and semi smoke free environment of the hotel, casino and restaurant areas.
When booking my room I always request nonsmoking room due to being a non smoking and do NOT opt out for the room cleaning discount.
I like fresh towels, beds made and the trash emptied.
To many times during our stays here I have had to call the front desk or housekeeping to ask why our room has not been cleaned. Of course I get the apologies and a lot of times it is to late in the evening when I discover my room was overlooked again. I then call the front desk and ask at least to bring fresh towels and take out the trash.
Well I am tired of this and I am wondering what to do.
This trip I brought my Sister and her husband and I paid for two rooms and the same thing happened with their room. I normally do not like the inconvenience of complaints but the frequency has gotten out of hand.
I like the hotel accommodations and enjoy the facilities and would to continue coming here and not have to look for another place to stay.
I also do not get the flyers in the mail like girlfriend Mary Higgins does and I have to use her information to book the room. My Landry’s Select Club is not accepted when booking rooms because I am already getting a discount room according to the person at the reservation desk. I would like to get full benefits of what the card membership and continue to enjoy my stays both in Las Vegas and Laughlin. I have already booked to be back in two weeks and I need to say something about this.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Edmundo L
ElizabethS5920, Public Relations Manager at Golden Nugget Laughlin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018