Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Rebecca G
Fresno, California

Not my vibe

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Jun 2021via mobile
Not very happy with hotel. There's was a few issues and not somewhere I'll go again. Hotel needs renovation badly. The air system in Hotel and casino isn't good. Very smokey in casino. The rooms The air never turns off. So if you have allergies you will have issues. The room, first of all on arrival my room smelled like marijuana, broken door missing on cabinet, wallpaper peeling, no fridge , no coffee pot and blow dryer didn't work. The food, buffet was okay. Lots of kid friendly food. I can see if you have little kids this might be a okay option for you. Location on stip okay. Kids everywhere and so diffently kids friendly place. For about a hundred a night with all the fees I could have stayed somewhere a little nicer and newer. If it was $30 a night I might have less to say. I hope they will do a renovation soon and maybe it will Sparkle again.
Responded 27 Jun 2021
Hello,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, and apologize that you did not have a more positive experience with us. Please know we are working on several projects throughout property to enhance the guest experience overall, and hope you will visit again in the future to see what we have been doing. Thank you for your feedback on the Buffet, we were excited to reopen this for our guests and look forward to serving many families moving forward.
$219
    $1,415
2.5 km from Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
View more hotels in Las Vegas
14,375 results
All reviews circus acts west tower the deuce roller coaster slot machines adventuredome gambling bellagio
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 June 2021 via mobile

One night into our two night stay here and saying this place is dirty would be a compliment.

The Room: The bathroom smells like urine. The room itself has the smell of smoke masked by professional grade cleaning products. The beds are made with a cheap flat sheet instead of a fitted sheet. The furniture is completely destroyed. Drawers missing from dressers. Lights with broken lightbulbs. And when you plug something into a wall, be prepared for the lights that do still work to short out. The carpeted floors are covered with stains. Keep your shoes on folks. You are sure to go home with some sort of foot fungus if not. Television channels are low budget cable with no guide to search with. You just have to keep scrolling through the unnamed channels until you find something you like and then hope you remember the number it’s on to switch back to if you change channels. They charge an extra $20 a day for a mini fridge so a styrofoam cooler might be your best bet. They do have ice machines on each floor! And ice buckets in the rooms. I was quite shocked to see these amenities available!

Guest Services: Every guest services employee has been trained to tell guests that they have no extra blankets available. Somehow this is the case no matter what time of day you call. There must be a lot of rooms with Arctic like temperatures for all the blankets in the 3,000+ room hotel to be used up. There is also no concierge so you find yourself asking any employee you can find for directions or meandering over to another hotel that does offer concierge service to get your questions answered. You pay a $37 Resort fee for… wait for it…internet (shared with the other 3000 guests - you can only imagine how great it is), use of the fitness center, and local calls!!! Because people are really striving hard to get a good workout in while in Vegas. And oh man… those local calls are really saving me on my unlimited cell phone bill plan. Welcome to 2021 Circus Circus. No one needs a room phone anymore unless they are trying to call Guest Services to get extra blankets that you will surprisingly “not have any of at this time.”

Pool: They have 2 but one is only opened on weekends. The other one is cloudy as can be no doubt due to the 3000+ people using it all week. The splash pad and water slide area is nice for kids though.

Parking: We only used the 15 minute registration parking. It was convenient and not monitored. I’m pretty sure there were cars parked there for hours. Thankfully we found a space to use while unloading. My husband then took our rental car back to the rental company. I regretted this almost immediately because I would have preferred to sleep in that car over this piece of garbage hotel room.

Moral of the story… spend a few extra dollars, sleep in a clean environment, and hopefully go home with no foot fungus or other weird ailment that I’m sure folks have picked up here.

Room tip: Don’t Stay Here if You Like to feel Clean
3  Thank Traveler67231397692
Reviewed 18 June 2021

Visited Circus Circus 3 of my last 4 visits to Las Vegas. The last two, I booked a room for 3-night stays. Why? Because it was the cheapest on the strip and I had younger children who would enjoy the games. Thankfully the kids are now outgrowing the place and I have no need to take them there anymore. There are SO MANY things wrong about the place.

They DOUBLE-charged my credit card. It was nearly maxed out but had more than a $300 cushion before going over limit. Of course they charged me the due-at-check-in charge BUT THEN ALSO had to add the security deposit charge. I can understand that but the thing is, they then charged the due-at-check-in fee AGAIN PLUS the security deposit of $50. So their double-charging my due-at-check-in plus fees put me over credit limit which I then had to dispute or else pay my over limit fee. Case is still pending. My previous visit, a similar situation but with my debit/checking account; the put a freeze on certain vacation funds from my bank account. They say the funds are released in 3-5 days but it took over a week for my money to go back into my account.

The elevators in the Skyrise Tower are hell. The ground floor is always crowded with a long line during check-in hours (between 3:00-6:00pm) and during peak check-out hours (8:00 - 10:00am) every floor's lobby is congested with people trying to get on the elevator to get downstairs.

Security guards stare at you while you're playing the slots. They're unabashed about watching you. They are either suspicious or are gawking like perverts. It was very uncomfortable. I imagine the head security in the control room watches people like a pervert as well.

The buffet is horrid. It is not only over-priced, the food quality and selection is terrible. Their isn't as much variety as you would hope and even the "easiest" foods (like potatoes, meats, etc.) are tasteless and dry. Did not eat the breakfast buffet.

The pool area is always crowded but I think that's with every hotel. Thing us, the pool area is unattractive and uninviting (except that it's a place to cool down in the Vegas heat.)

There is no security monitoring in the parking garages like you'd find at other casinos, nor is there ever security patrolling the garages either by foot or vehicle. I looked around for security cameras and found none. It would be very easy for a local car thief to come and break in to your vehicle in the middle of the night. So bring ALL of your things to your room at night.

The website claims that it is a non-smoking environment. However, wherever you go, the smell of marijuana smoke is everywhere. In every parking structure, in the elevators, on the floor. In fact, I got onto the elevator and could smell it strongly on the couple I had occupied it with AND THIS COUPLE HAD A 5-YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WITH THEM! Circus Circus has very ghetto-ey element and attracts very ghetto-ey characters. It's EVERYWHERE. You can smell it every hallway. One night, I woke up to the smell of it creeping into our room. Even the neighbors across the hall had to request to move rooms in the middle of the night just to get their family away from it. Security and the bell hop had to help them move their all their belongings to the "better" building. But did they kick out the pot smoking guests? Of course not. My family and I had to smell the smoke throughout the night. So if you value family decency or don't want your children to smell marijuana smoke everywhere, you might not want to stay the night here. Stay elsewhere and just bring your kids here for the day.

Probably the only good thing about the place is the Midway, the rides, and free circus acts throughout the day. However, there is not enough seating or standing room for everyone who watches the shows.

Thankfully, my kids are now grown enough to not care about all the kiddie games so I won't ever be coming back here again. And when I have grandkids, I won't even bother with the great Circus Circus stories from my own childhood. There's nothing good to say about this casino anymore.

Room tip: Pay extra to stay in the Casino Tower. Skyrise Tower is cheaper but attracts a lower-element type of people. Lots of marijuana smoking.
4  Thank TheREALmestizoh
Reviewed 16 June 2021

Like 1hr waits to ride the elevator to your room? Then this place is for you. If you don't like schlepping your luggage up and down 50 stairs at a time on non-functional escalators then you better head on down the road. I shouldn't forget the collapsing ceilings and dripping water. Was it sewage? I don't know, I couldn't smell it over the weed being smoked everywhere. Do you like to feel safe in a well lit parking garage? Yes? Better move a long then. That's what we did. What a dumpster fire.

2  Thank jimwT7770MM
Reviewed 13 June 2021

Circus Circus does not even try to treat its guests like they mater. The place is filthy, crowded and unappealing in every way. The carpets are worn out and moldy. There is trash everywhere. The room was tacky and airless. It smelled like cheap disinfectant. The casino actually smelled like human excrement. We spent $260 for a hotel room that would have been over prized at $50 a night. They have built a row of cheap low rise buildings across the street to accommodate overflow when the tower is full. They have all the appeal of a housing project. Our room was a hike from the casino and main hotel. When we checked in nobody bothered to explain that we had to cross a busy street to get to our room. Nor did anybody bother to explain how to get there. We wandered around for thirty minutes in the outdoor heat looking for our room. Nothing about the experience was enjoyable.

4  Thank N7534WVdavidn
Reviewed 12 June 2021 via mobile

Check in was quick and the lady was very nice.
The elevators to the West Tower were very tricky. You have to insert your room key, pull it out and hit the # of the floor your wanting. If someone other than your party boards your elevator, they do the same process, one of the two parties will have to ride all the way back down. Though it isn't posted clearly, I think the elevators are meant for one family and one floor at a time.

The room was clean. We had city view which mostly looked out at construction sites. Last time we had a Keurig in the room, no coffee maker at all this go round.

Some carpet looked very clean, others were absolutely terrible. You would think during the pandemic shutdown they would've put more work into the place.

We stayed here 7 yrs ago and 11 yrs ago, always had good experiences. And I always left good reviews. But this time, most of the hotel was dirty and honestly I didn't feel safe. I don't think I'll stay here again.

McDonald's near the arcade, though understaffed, they got our order correct. That was probably the highlight.

My advice, spend the extra money and stay at the Strat or go further down the strip. You get what you pay for.

Room tip: Elevators: they are now meant for one family, one floor at a time...
2  Thank adam s
Emma Winstead, General Manager at Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2021

Hello Adam,

We are sorry to hear that this visit was not what you have come to expect from us Circus Circus. We appreciate you taking the time to share these details with us so we can continuously improve. We are working hard on several projects throughout property to enhance the guest experience and provide better amenities for our guests. I will be sure to pass on your elevator feedback to our engineering team.