Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Holley D
Pensacola, Florida

Great time at Circus Circus!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Jun 2021
We booked our entire trip through Priceline, stayed at Circus Circus from 06/02-06/08. I chose CC because we had two teens with us and figured there would be things for them to do at this hotel/ casino. I will say my husband was a little peeved after reading all the reviews and asked me what I was thinking. It was booked and we were heading out so it was what it was. :)

Check in:
I saw many reviews complaining about long check in lines. We arrived at the hotel at approximately 230 on the 2nd. (Day 2 of Vegas being open 100%) I thought we would have to stow our stuff until 3 but the awesome check in staff said our rooms were ready. Which made our travel weary selves VERY happy. The check in process was smooth and quick. They showed us on the map where we were and how to get to our bank of elevators. We stayed in the Skyrise rooms 24704 and 24706. The staff was very friendly during check in and answered all our questions that we could come up with.

Here's the thing about check in, if you arrive when EVERYONE and their brother arrives there are going to be long lines. This is not the fault of the hotel as they only have so many windows, when the lines were long there were people at EVERY single window checking in people as quickly as possible. Ask to stow your bags and go take a walk around for about an hour or so.

Rooms:

As I mentioned above we stayed in the Skyrise. First off keep in mind this is the OLDEST hotel/ casino on the strip. ( I have stayed in older hotels in NOLA for WAY more money that needed updating as well.) Our room and bathroom were clean, the hallways were clean and I ran into one of the housekeeping staff who was super friendly. She told me if I need anything to please let them know. (I did ask for a trash bag since we had such a small can and food containers won't fit in them.) Can the rooms use some updating, yeah they can. Was there a bit of wallpaper peeling in the corners of the bathroom, yeah there was. Overall, it was where we were sleeping so I could careless about the wallpaper and dated carpet. All I cared about was a clean room and bathroom to come back to after being out in Vegas all day. It hit the mark. My mom stayed at the Venetian and her room was dated also. Many of the hotels are old, you have to keep this in mind when booking on the Vegas Strip.

Adventuredome/ arcade/ carnival:

We did a walk through of Adventuredome. There is a lot in there to see and do. The kids opted not to ride the roller coasters here since we already had vouchers for the NYNY RC. I wanted to ride the El Loco and whatever the other one was called as they both looked like a lot of fun but I got vetoed. LOL The arcade area and carnival area is really neat. Reminds me of being at the county fair and the kids had a good time with the games they played. They ended up giving their cards with tickets on them to 2 small children in the elevator our last day at CC. The Circus Acts were a lot of fun to watch as well!! I think one of the times we were down there the trapeze entertainers were practicing and that was also interesting to watch and listen to the coaching.

Food:

Westside Diner is excellent. It is open 24/7, the staff is always friendly, the food always fresh and the cost was very reasonable. We would have eaten at the steakhouse but we already had reservations with the rest of our family at Tender Steakhouse at the Luxor another night. Across the road is Peppermill, I highly recommend going over there at least one night. The portions are HUGE so make sure you either have a crazy big appetite or someone to share your meal with you.

Elevators:

So I'm making this part of my review because it actually became very humorous while we were there. You have to use your keycard to get to your floor. Not bad in reality. The reality of it was this: You played a game with which side of the elevator was going to read your card and then you played the game of which side do you press your floor. This was real fun in the middle of the night with drunks on the elevator. I would highly recommend CC have their engineers check into this and maybe get it corrected. :)

Pool/ Waterpark:

Ok, so this is why I ended up giving a 4 out of 5 rating.... The pool, splash pad and waterpark area is nice. We enjoyed going down there the second day we were at the casino. There were plenty of chairs to sit on, the kids enjoyed the water slide and we enjoyed the pool. It was very refreshing. Here is my ONLY complaint... The pool closes at 5 and it doesn't get dark til at least 8. It would have been nice after a long day walking on the strip (BTW it was 108 while we were there...) to be able to get in the pool for an hour or two. Wouldn't have cared if the slides were closed but would have been nice to have access to the pool. :(

Now with all the above being said, this is a KIDS hotel through and through. By the weekend our teens were over the kids. We did not have kids running up and down the halls at night or anything like that, it was mostly in the main sections of the hotel/ casino area. There are some trashy people who were out and about, I'm not sure if they were staying at the hotel or just using the amenities like the Adventuredome and Carnival but they were trashy. They would spill crap and not even attempt to clean up after themselves. The hotel/ casino staff were trying their best to stay on top of the mess and I think did a great job of it. They can't help people are A-Holes and don't take pride in anything. You will also encounter rude people, welcome to Vegas. This was not the only place we encountered them. The staff was all wonderful though.

Overall we had a great trip with our adult son (his family), our teen son, my brother (his family), my sister (her family) and our mom. Can't wait to be back in Vegas again when it's a bit cooler because there is SOOOOO much to see and do there!!
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 16 Jun 2021
Hello,

Wow, I really enjoyed reading your wonderful review of your visit to Circus Circus! I appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback, and tips for other travelers who may visit the property. Thanks for your patience with the elevators - I will definitely share this with the engineering team and our elevator partners for review. We are so happy you and your family had a great time, and we hope to see you again in the future.
$402
    $367
1.8 km from Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
View more hotels in Las Vegas
14,358 results
All reviews circus acts west tower the deuce roller coaster slot machines adventuredome gambling bellagio
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 June 2021

I was in building D, which if I had to measure it would be 3 blocks from the hotel front desk and my room key didn’t work 4 times so I had to walk back and forth 4 times I was not happy and when I wanted to make a formal complaint I was yelled at by a so called manager Veola saying you’ve been accommodated once and it doesn’t matter how many times we make the mistake you only get accommodations once for the same issue. I was locked outta my room at 3am and after getting out of the pool dripping wet and had to walk back to that front desk 4 times and decent apology without her nasty attitude would have worked just fine. I didn’t deserve her tone and I’ll return to the adventure dome but I’m done with the hotel really bad experience

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Emma Winstead, General Manager at Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2021

Hello Bessilita,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. I see that we received your email at Guest Relations, and we will be responding to you this week. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 June 2021 via mobile

We came for the pool experience.. advertised wave pool, lazy river .. but there is none of that!! Crowded.. got a cabana but no water included.. no misters., just awful
We were going to go to MGM but because of the advertisements of the lazy river, we came here!! Misrepresenting their products!!
Elevator is a nightmare!!

Room tip: If you want a pool, lazy river and slide experience., don’t come here
Trip type: Travelled with family
Emma Winstead, General Manager at Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2021

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry to hear that our Pool & Splash Zone did not meet your expectations. May I ask where you read this information? The only wave pools and lazy river areas would be at Mandalay Bay and MGM Grand. We apologize if this was not clearly communicated to you, and if there are other details you would like to share, please feel free to do so via guestrelations@circuscircus.com.

Reviewed 5 June 2021 via mobile

Thankfully I did not stay in the hotel, but my kids were with me so we spent the morning in the midway and the afternoon at AdventureDome.

This is the nastiest place that I have ever taken my kids to. Dirty, gross! The clientele is exactly what you would expect in a filthy establishment. A great many are rude and totally ill mannered …. though this is not the only place where I’ll mannered people congregate in Las Vegas. I realize that this property fits a niche in Las Vegas, something for small children to do, but gosh this is a filthy place.

Reviewed 4 June 2021 via mobile

If you’re a normal person who is respectful to people in large crowds, this place is not for you. You have to be able to freely loudly curse in front of women children and strangers. You need to have your ass hanging out of your pants with face and neck tattoos. Make sure you smoke in areas that you aren’t allowed to, drop all your food and trash on the ground when done, and cut in any lines you are in.

Now for the hotel. Our room wasn’t cleaned after we checked in - arrived to a totally destroyed room full of trash and laundry. It took two trips in to finally get a clean room at 7:45 at night. The key cards failed twice - huge pain to have to go all the way back through the casino areas to the front desk to repair. The food courts are gross and homeless people have psychotic breakdowns everywhere inside (security is nonexistent). Don’t bring your family or yourself here.

3  Thank Patrick K
Reviewed 1 June 2021

Paid $200 for one night, and didn’t stay a 2nd night. Have been to area several times, I understand it’s not the best’ hotel so didn’t expect a lot, traveled with family last minute holiday weekend, dirty used condoms on premises, located at the cross of bad’ part of Las Vegas. I am generally on vacation not to stay in hotel, so as long as it’s clean, iam satisfied. Will NOT return, kids, husband, all stated they couldn’t wait to go home for a shower, you feel gross just being in the place, it’s old, ran down, and that’s about it. You decide, but good luck if you stay.
Checkin 1-3 hour wait, check out fast, lady screams anyone leaving, give me your number and put card key in box, Best part of stay was Leaving.

Date of stay: May 2021