5 people are viewing this hotel
Trip.comUS$258
Hotel WebsiteUS$246
getaroom.comUS$265
4,102 results
All reviews princess suite full kitchen off the strip living room valet parking ellis island washer and dryer huge bathroom non gambling two blocks quiet hotel balcony fireplace vegas casino smoke condo
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

Bad start and finish to the visit, grumpy valet and reception bar staff on first day. After that the staff were rock stars. However when leaving I was charged for room service that I never received and was told they would investigate left a bitter taste.

Shame because good value price and location

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank thatkiwijoker
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2015

Please accept our apologies for the poor service on day one and for the mix up with the bill. I believe when we researched it a guest had put the wrong room number down. We still should have caught it as it is protocol to compare with the name on the reservation. We will certainly learn from this concern. If you are ever in town again and open to giving us another chance to win back your business, please look to contact me. - Derek Morrison

Reviewed 4 May 2015

When I booked at The Platinum, I was a little sad that it wasn't on the strip, but that was the ONLY downside to this hotel (it's not even that far from the strip, just behind Bally's and the Flamingo). Absolutely EVERYTHING about the room was fantastic, and everyone I came into contact with was eager to serve, and serve they did. The front desk staff was amazing, and my waiter at the restaurant was friendly. There was one employee who really made the trip stand out, and his name was Julian. Julian was able to drive me to Fremont Street one evening at a great rate, and we had a GREAT conversation on the way...I don't think I've ever had service quite like that. Long story short: if you want one of the best experiences in Las Vegas, look no further than The Platinum.

Room tip: You can't NOT pick a good room. I had a strip view, which was jaw-dropping, and considering every room has a balcony, it's sure to please.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Ryan H
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2015

We are very happy to hear that your visit went well. Thank you for the great review. We cannot always use the house car to get guests around town, but I'm glad that it was available and Julian took care of you. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 May 2015

This was my first stay at this hotel, and I was favorably impressed. My suite was spacious, clean, quiet, and tastefully decorated, with a full kitchen and living area adjacent to the bedroom. It had not one, but two large screen TVs. Unlike a lot of Vegas hotels, there was no "resort fee" to bump up the effective room rate. There was an excellent fitness center for my morning workouts. The property is a few short blocks east of the Strip, and I expected to walk there to do some gambling, as this hotel has no casino of its own. But, I didn't have to -- one of Vegas' better small casinos (the Ellis Island) is right next door.

The only negative is that there is but one restaurant on the property, and it has a somewhat limited menu, and is not inexpensive, e.g. $4.00 for a cup of coffee at breakfast. However, better, cheaper eats can be found on the Strip, or right next door at the Ellis Island.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2015

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and coming back to stay with us in the future is always the best compliment! All the best to you and yours.

Reviewed 29 April 2015

I just stayed 4 nights at the Platinum Hotel with a group of friends for a girls weekend in Vegas. The hotel is conveniently located a 10-15 minute walk from the strip...but let's be honest we cabbed everywhere anyway!

If you are looking for a spacious suite at a good price I would recommend checking out the Platinum Hotel. Speedy check in, no long waits for taxis and very friendly staff. The concierge was also helpful recommending a few restaurants for us to try and arranging guest list for one of the night clubs we wanted to go. Just note, there is no concierge on duty on the weekends (which was a bit strange) and front desk staff were unable to make recommendations, arrange tix for shows etc.

The hotel bar/restaurant also has a pretty awesome happy hour daily. Overall, I would stay here again - especially because they don't charge insane extra person charges above 2 ppl per room.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank L2165QMsaraha
Derek M, Director of Operations at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2015

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am glad you will be returning to stay with us. I will ask our Front Office Manager to look into the concierge concerns you encountered. If our concierge is not available our front office staff should be able to assist. I apologize this did not happen.

Reviewed 25 April 2015

Property is well located near the Strip. Rooms are very large suites, very clean and well-maintained with dramatic views of the casinos on the Strip. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful in all matters. This will be my regular "hotel" when I visit Vegas.

Room tip: Higher floors have most dramatic views.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Temert49

Thank you for the feedback and review. We love to hear that you were satified and are very grateful that we will be your first choice when returning to Las Vegas. It is the best compliment we could recieve. Thank you. Regards...