“Never Disappoints!”
Review of Bacchanal Buffet

Bacchanal Buffet
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacchanal Buffet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #438 of 5,317 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Disclaimer: we go to the front of the line due to TR status so the line wait is not a factor.

We did learn this time that there are no Macaroons and no crab for lunch, boo! If you want those things then go after 3pm for dinner service.

Our server was fantastic and took great care of us. I have never eaten anything I didn’t like here. Highlights include the mussels, the fish tacos, the truffle oil pizza, and the American Wagyu (which I didn’t find dry at all from previous reviews I read...maybe it depends on the day?)

Best Buffet in Vegas and we have done them all. We return every visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,276)

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Often promoted as the best buffet on The Strip, there was only one way to see if claim was actually true.

After a 30-minute wait, I was ushered to a seat near the crab legs--hopefully a good omen as they are a favourite.

Overall, there is a huge variety of dishes all under one roof but the quality was not consistent.

The salad bar was surprisingly light and included preselected green salads ready to go. The finger potato concoction was an interesting variation in presentation.

The tiger prawns were very large and just cool enough, yet the sauce had very little bite. The first oyster of my life only reminded me why I had, er, shucked, them before; other patrons seemed to find them totally acceptable.

The absolute highlight of Round 1 was the Beijing Duck; the accompanying broad noodles were thick and rich. Curiously, the cheddar cheese squares were disappointingly hard. The other annoyance was the couple at the next table where the man seemed more interested in a phone conversation than his girlfriend or his food.

The biggest disappointment of Round 2 was the Wagyu beef, which had to be abandoned after the second bite due to jaw-breaking toughness--sadly a growing trend in fine dining these days. The more traditional potato salad was just OK--nothing remarkable. The perfectly cooked meatballs and tomato sauce were both tasty and filling.

It fell to the Italians to fill the gap with a delectable Campano pasta dish, four-cheese pizza (appropriately gooey) and a very acceptable take on Mac and Cheese.

Sadly, the huge line-up at the seafood area left slim pickings for the crab legs.

With no cherries in sight on the extensive dessert island, I opted for and elk slider, which was maddeningly as dry as the side of chow mein.

Clearly not the “best” but with enough selection to not completely disappoint any diner.

Thank S. James W
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Booked this after reading repeated reviews of this being "the top buffet in Vegas" so expected 5* experience - did indeed have fantastic range but to be honest preferred both the range and quality at the Wynn.

Food was poorly labelled, and as a nut allergy suffered it meant running with intuition for the savoury food (and simply avoiding anything uncertain-looking, as staff weren’t immediately on-hand to ask) but caused problems at the desert area. Lovely looking range of deserts and lots of staff in this section so should have been easy – however the generic answer I was given to “does this contain nuts?” was “I don’t know so please don’t eat it”. Incredibly disappointing and frustrating – if all food is produced on-site there really is no excuse for not being able to identify ingredients, and failing to offer to find someone with better knowledge constitutes disappointing customer service – I’ve paid for this food, and it looks lovely, and I want to try it please! Spoke to the manager afterwards who was apologetic/disappointed and offered to ensure appropriate staff training/reminders (no discount of free drink offered though, might have been an appropriate touch?).

Otherwise good experience – unlimited sangria/mimosas were excellent value for money, and range of cuisines was impressive (though some areas had signs for food that was unavailable/run out by 12.30).

Overall good value for money, but next time we’re in Vegas we’ll probably go back to the Wynn buffet instead.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We went to Sunday Brunch here and arrived 15 minutes before they opened at 8 AM. We were the first people in line for the regular non VIP line. When we got in, it was a great selection for the buffet. The sushi, fruit juice, eggs, and ham were great. We are glad we came here, and would come back...but under specific circumstances. They are as follows: the selection is fine, but not extensive. If the wait is 15 minutes, it's worth it, but 30 minutes it's not worth it. Again, glad we went, and would come back, but just the right set of things going on.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I was really looking forward to this, as I had heard about the famous Ceasars Palace Buffett- but it wasn't that great. There was lot and lot of options, and pleanty of meat/seafood that were all just ok. I think what gets the poorer review is the price, it is expensive and you have to pay extra for alcohol. I also feel like so much food gets wasted, and thats a shame. It does get super busy and you have to wait in a line for a long time, but as long as you are with friends it was no big deal.