Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
SoCalDude23

A good off strip option, still miss the Hard Rock

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Aug 2021
So, I have fond memories of the Hard Rock Hotel which is barely there under the recent renovation. It's a mixed bag design-wise, but free parking, no resort fees, nice pools and some interesting dining options make this a compelling option. The property isn't huge so walks aren't so bad.

I like this area because there are some pretty good local hangouts in walking distance. So, if the onsite dining doesn't do it for you, there's all that.

Did not gamble.

I stayed in one of the Canyon Rooms. Which had interesting choices... Otherwise the bed was nice. The TV has chromecast capabilities. Small bathroom, but huge dressing area. Fancy lighting controls were sort of a hassle.

No EV charging on the premises. Boo.

I ended up here on a Hotwire deal.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 2 Aug 2021
Hello SoCalDude23,

Thank you for taking the time to review Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the positive comments about our resort. Your patronage is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.

Exterior
Get rewarded with One Key
    $117
4.3 km from Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection by Hilton
View more hotels in Las Vegas
All reviews off the strip commons club hard rock hotel a hilton diamond member breakfast credit pizza place upgraded to a suite check in process food options casino floor close to the airport self parking tower vegas las uber nobu
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 August 2021

The rooms was nice, the hotel is amazing very update and clean I only had the issue with the pet hair in my bed I think it would be best if they only had certain floors for pets and certain floors not for pets other than that a amazing experience

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Joshua Jarvis, Guest Services / Front Office at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2021

Hello bentonandre1,

Thank you for taking the time to review Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. We are pleased to hear that you chose to stay at our resort. Thank you for the positive comments about our chambers. Please accept our sincerest apology for the issues you experienced in regards to pet hair. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent future concern. Your patronage is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2021

Small cold feeling rooms and small bathroom. Rude security staff on the casino floor. No towels in the room. Dusty vents. Early check in wasn’t ready. Save your money. Pool was nice but small. Not ever again. Hard rock was much nicer.

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Joshua Jarvis, Guest Services / Front Office at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2021

Hello Candice767,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on TripAdvisor. We are truly sorry to hear that you did not have an excellent stay. Please accept our sincerest apology for the housekeeping issues and shortfalls in service you experienced. Your feedback will be shared with our housekeeping and security managers to address the areas of opportunity with their teams in an effort to prevent future concerns. Thank you for being our guest and we hope this does not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2021 via mobile

I wanted a hotel that was a little more laid-back than the hotels on the Strip. This place was perfect. I was in Vegas completely solo for one night. Wish I could have stayed longer. Check-in at Vegas hotels can be a pain with long lines. But not here. I got checked in after only a few minutes. With my Hilton Diamond status, I was upgraded from a standard king to a trendy and spacious king suite in Ruby Tower. Bathroom was huge. I love that the suite has a little entryway separated from the rest of the room. I ate at two of the restaurants, and they were both delicious. Casa Calavera was my favorite. Had the shrimp tacos. Tiny, but really good.

In my experience, the staff here were all stellar. Even just passing staff in the hall, they always gave a friendly hello.

The only problem I experienced was that I couldn't figure out how to work the rainfall shower. I honestly think it was broken because I tried everything. Fortunately the wand worked fabulously; so no harm, no foul. I can definitely see myself staying here again next time I'm in Vegas, and the fact that there are no resort fees will likely make this hotel my very first choice.

Trip type: Travelled solo
8  Thank DavidPSEA
Joshua Jarvis, Guest Services / Front Office at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2021

Hello DavidPSEA,

Thank you for taking the time to review Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and upgrade. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our chambers, restaurants and team members. We strive to create one of a kind experiences for our guests and provide them with a high level of service. Your patronage is greatly appreciated and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2021

Smoking policy was not enforced and as a result throat and respiratory system affected me during my stay. Dining opportunities were great. Seemed like a lot of the amenities were not opened during the stay there. Would possibly comeback if they managed to take care of the smoking.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Relax37898359243

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on TripAdvisor. We are truly sorry to hear that you did not have an excellent stay. Please accept our sincerest apology for the issues you experienced with the smell of smoke. When brought to the attention of our team members, they will do their best to provide accommodations. Thank you for the positive comments about our restaurants. Your patronage is very much appreciated and we hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2021

First let me say it's a nice hotel, refurbished nicely and functionally but going through aches and pains. The management is top notch when you have contact with them. Typically you have contact with management when there are problems. Generally people don't come to have problem. In less then two months I have stayed 3 times leaving a night early yesterday. In 3 out of 3 stays, the front desk have made unacceptable blunders and somehow have the notion they are there for anything but the guest, and the guest experience. For any number of reasons guests require an extra key: the key doesn't work, the guest forgot it, lost it, etc. When one can sign for a meal it is not unusual to grab a book, your room key and go to dinner. Last night my key didn't work and when I asked for a new one, I was denied it because I didn't have ID. Mind all of you, the 10 times before mostly from a failed key, I was asked personal questions that only I would know, and given a key. Last night I was told I'd have to wait for security to escort me. That isn't cool with me, I asked for the manager, and went and sat down. When the 'manager' came the desk staff started telling the manager what she thought was the problem. I interrupted her, and said "I asked to speak with the manager, not have you speak for me". I was told she wasn't the manager. I thought then why talk about me as if I can't hear you and went to sit down. When the "manager" came, she thought it was just to give me a key. She refused to listen to what I experienced, and out of nowhere a force of three security guards showed up to intimidate me. I started filming them, it's 2021 and that's what people do. One said "you don't have my permission to film me, you are on private property". There is no expectation of privacy in a casino. I invited the thug in an ill-fitting suit to call the police if he didn't like it. He challenged me, again to intimidate me stating: "is that what you want me to do". I responded ... "I'll be in my room packing when they get here". The 'boss' thug in an ill-fitting suit said "you are free to go". I never wasn't free to go. That is how a loyal and often guest is treated.

the restaurants One Steakhouse, Nobu and Kitchen are awesome with great food, great service and staff. Enjoy them all.

the casino is barely functional. I have never been to a casino where a dealer, pit boss or anyone who has worked table gaming can't look at the chips and tell how much is on the table. Without going into detail because I don't gamble that much, not only can't they at this casino but the gaming manager supports it... when I was gambling and came across this oddity there was a total of 5 people playing at all the tables in use in the entire casino.

my one star is due to the security thugs being summoned because I asked for the manager, because I challenged a 'rule' known not to be true. The rest is training that a customer's experience shouldn't suffer while paying $200 a night.

4  Thank MikeLudin