Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
DavidPSEA
Seattle, Washington

Excellent Off-strip Option

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Jul 2021via mobile
I wanted a hotel that was a little more laid-back than the hotels on the Strip. This place was perfect. I was in Vegas completely solo for one night. Wish I could have stayed longer. Check-in at Vegas hotels can be a pain with long lines. But not here. I got checked in after only a few minutes. With my Hilton Diamond status, I was upgraded from a standard king to a trendy and spacious king suite in Ruby Tower. Bathroom was huge. I love that the suite has a little entryway separated from the rest of the room. I ate at two of the restaurants, and they were both delicious. Casa Calavera was my favorite. Had the shrimp tacos. Tiny, but really good.

In my experience, the staff here were all stellar. Even just passing staff in the hall, they always gave a friendly hello.

The only problem I experienced was that I couldn't figure out how to work the rainfall shower. I honestly think it was broken because I tried everything. Fortunately the wand worked fabulously; so no harm, no foul. I can definitely see myself staying here again next time I'm in Vegas, and the fact that there are no resort fees will likely make this hotel my very first choice.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Responded 30 Jul 2021
Hello DavidPSEA,

Thank you for taking the time to review Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and upgrade. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our chambers, restaurants and team members. We strive to create one of a kind experiences for our guests and provide them with a high level of service. Your patronage is greatly appreciated and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

$471
    $1,436
    $1,458
2.2 km from Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection by Hilton
View more hotels in Las Vegas
All reviews off the strip commons club hard rock hotel a hilton diamond member breakfast credit pizza place upgraded to a suite check in process food options casino floor close to the airport self parking tower vegas las uber nobu
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2021

Smoking policy was not enforced and as a result throat and respiratory system affected me during my stay. Dining opportunities were great. Seemed like a lot of the amenities were not opened during the stay there. Would possibly comeback if they managed to take care of the smoking.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Relax37898359243
Joshua Jarvis, Guest Services / Front Office at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2021

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on TripAdvisor. We are truly sorry to hear that you did not have an excellent stay. Please accept our sincerest apology for the issues you experienced with the smell of smoke. When brought to the attention of our team members, they will do their best to provide accommodations. Thank you for the positive comments about our restaurants. Your patronage is very much appreciated and we hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2021

First let me say it's a nice hotel, refurbished nicely and functionally but going through aches and pains. The management is top notch when you have contact with them. Typically you have contact with management when there are problems. Generally people don't come to have problem. In less then two months I have stayed 3 times leaving a night early yesterday. In 3 out of 3 stays, the front desk have made unacceptable blunders and somehow have the notion they are there for anything but the guest, and the guest experience. For any number of reasons guests require an extra key: the key doesn't work, the guest forgot it, lost it, etc. When one can sign for a meal it is not unusual to grab a book, your room key and go to dinner. Last night my key didn't work and when I asked for a new one, I was denied it because I didn't have ID. Mind all of you, the 10 times before mostly from a failed key, I was asked personal questions that only I would know, and given a key. Last night I was told I'd have to wait for security to escort me. That isn't cool with me, I asked for the manager, and went and sat down. When the 'manager' came the desk staff started telling the manager what she thought was the problem. I interrupted her, and said "I asked to speak with the manager, not have you speak for me". I was told she wasn't the manager. I thought then why talk about me as if I can't hear you and went to sit down. When the "manager" came, she thought it was just to give me a key. She refused to listen to what I experienced, and out of nowhere a force of three security guards showed up to intimidate me. I started filming them, it's 2021 and that's what people do. One said "you don't have my permission to film me, you are on private property". There is no expectation of privacy in a casino. I invited the thug in an ill-fitting suit to call the police if he didn't like it. He challenged me, again to intimidate me stating: "is that what you want me to do". I responded ... "I'll be in my room packing when they get here". The 'boss' thug in an ill-fitting suit said "you are free to go". I never wasn't free to go. That is how a loyal and often guest is treated.

the restaurants One Steakhouse, Nobu and Kitchen are awesome with great food, great service and staff. Enjoy them all.

the casino is barely functional. I have never been to a casino where a dealer, pit boss or anyone who has worked table gaming can't look at the chips and tell how much is on the table. Without going into detail because I don't gamble that much, not only can't they at this casino but the gaming manager supports it... when I was gambling and came across this oddity there was a total of 5 people playing at all the tables in use in the entire casino.

my one star is due to the security thugs being summoned because I asked for the manager, because I challenged a 'rule' known not to be true. The rest is training that a customer's experience shouldn't suffer while paying $200 a night.

4  Thank MikeLudin
Reviewed 29 July 2021

Had to go to Vegas for a 4 day business trip and didn't want to get a dog sitter last minute - found this newly opened hotel let our dogs stay free. Never stayed here or visited when it was a Hard Rock - but this property is new, gleaming and still working some kinks out.

Check in was a breeze. Waited 10 minutes for an agent and out of nowhere a man swooped down and offered me a bottle of cold water. I am liking this place... no resort fees, easy valet parking, wifi and it looks edgy cool. I upgraded to the Ruby tower. If you have a pet - it makes more sense since this tower is 1/3 the distance to the dog relief area. If you stay in the other towers its a LONG hike through the casino and hotel to get to the dog zone.

Room: Wow. Just wow. Yes, it's like a star wars suite. Yes - the furniture is more form than function, but damn if it don't look good. The bed is odd. Bed is comfortable. It's designed so you can have three people laying around with back support at the same time. To each their own. The bathroom is the size of some economy rooms on the strip. The well they call a tub was immense. The shower could hold a llama. Lighting and tv controls take some getting used to - but you can mirror directly from your phone which I loved. The A/C was blessedly strong. This is seriously one of my fav rooms in Vegas of all time.

Hotel: Pool is cool. Pool is only open till 7pm right now. Restaurants were all amazing - they have something for everyone and the beach club was like being somewhere a million miles away.

Staff: Friendly. You can tell they are short staffed (everyone is) but they really are trying and they were awesome. They never cleaned our room but there was a nice lady who kept pushing towels and toiletries on me like they were contraband. One word on the toiletries - the smell is strong. You like it or you don't but you will definitely have an opinion on it.

Room tip: Ruby tower is best for people traveling with pooches
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Meerkat92101
Joshua Jarvis, Guest Services / Front Office at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2021

Hello Meerkat92101,

Thank you for the excellent review on TripAdvisor for Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our resort. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our chambers, restaurants and team members. We strive to create one of a kind experiences for our guests and provide them with the highest level of service. Your patronage is greatly appreciated and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2021

Needed a microwave in the room and needed a refrigerator but other than that the stay was overall excellent and I had a blast and the spa was so relaxing and I enjoyed it and all the amenities at the hotel.

1  Thank dldowell23
Joshua Jarvis, Guest Services / Front Office at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2021

Hello dldowell23,

Thank you for taking the time to review Virgin Hotels Las Vegas on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you had an excellent stay. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our resort and spa. We strive to create one of a kind experiences for our guests. Your patronage is greatly appreciated and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2021

Nice facility, great staff. Only downsides are noise from the pool parties during the day and lack of coffee makers in the rooms. The lack of coffee makers forces everyone that drinks coffee to head for the restaurants in the morning, causing crowding at each of the available establishments.

1  Thank hosler01

Hello hosler01,

Thank you for taking the time to review Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. We are pleased you chose to stay at our resort. Thank you for the positive comments about our team members, we strive to provide a high level of service. We apologize for the issues you experienced with noise, and when brought to the attention of our team members, they will do their best to provide accommodations. Your patronage is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.