Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Relax37898359243
Cleveland, Ohio

Needs to stop smoking within the facility, beware!

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Jul 2021
Smoking policy was not enforced and as a result throat and respiratory system affected me during my stay. Dining opportunities were great. Seemed like a lot of the amenities were not opened during the stay there. Would possibly comeback if they managed to take care of the smoking.
Trip type: Travelled on business
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 30 Jul 2021
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on TripAdvisor. We are truly sorry to hear that you did not have an excellent stay. Please accept our sincerest apology for the issues you experienced with the smell of smoke. When brought to the attention of our team members, they will do their best to provide accommodations. Thank you for the positive comments about our restaurants. Your patronage is very much appreciated and we hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

$332
    $1,439
    $1,455
2.2 km from Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection by Hilton
View more hotels in Las Vegas
All reviews off the strip commons club hard rock hotel a hilton diamond member breakfast credit pizza place upgraded to a suite check in process food options casino floor close to the airport self parking tower vegas las uber nobu
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2021

First let me say it's a nice hotel, refurbished nicely and functionally but going through aches and pains. The management is top notch when you have contact with them. Typically you have contact with management when there are problems. Generally people don't come to have problem. In less then two months I have stayed 3 times leaving a night early yesterday. In 3 out of 3 stays, the front desk have made unacceptable blunders and somehow have the notion they are there for anything but the guest, and the guest experience. For any number of reasons guests require an extra key: the key doesn't work, the guest forgot it, lost it, etc. When one can sign for a meal it is not unusual to grab a book, your room key and go to dinner. Last night my key didn't work and when I asked for a new one, I was denied it because I didn't have ID. Mind all of you, the 10 times before mostly from a failed key, I was asked personal questions that only I would know, and given a key. Last night I was told I'd have to wait for security to escort me. That isn't cool with me, I asked for the manager, and went and sat down. When the 'manager' came the desk staff started telling the manager what she thought was the problem. I interrupted her, and said "I asked to speak with the manager, not have you speak for me". I was told she wasn't the manager. I thought then why talk about me as if I can't hear you and went to sit down. When the "manager" came, she thought it was just to give me a key. She refused to listen to what I experienced, and out of nowhere a force of three security guards showed up to intimidate me. I started filming them, it's 2021 and that's what people do. One said "you don't have my permission to film me, you are on private property". There is no expectation of privacy in a casino. I invited the thug in an ill-fitting suit to call the police if he didn't like it. He challenged me, again to intimidate me stating: "is that what you want me to do". I responded ... "I'll be in my room packing when they get here". The 'boss' thug in an ill-fitting suit said "you are free to go". I never wasn't free to go. That is how a loyal and often guest is treated.

the restaurants One Steakhouse, Nobu and Kitchen are awesome with great food, great service and staff. Enjoy them all.

the casino is barely functional. I have never been to a casino where a dealer, pit boss or anyone who has worked table gaming can't look at the chips and tell how much is on the table. Without going into detail because I don't gamble that much, not only can't they at this casino but the gaming manager supports it... when I was gambling and came across this oddity there was a total of 5 people playing at all the tables in use in the entire casino.

my one star is due to the security thugs being summoned because I asked for the manager, because I challenged a 'rule' known not to be true. The rest is training that a customer's experience shouldn't suffer while paying $200 a night.

4  Thank MikeLudin
Reviewed 29 July 2021

Had to go to Vegas for a 4 day business trip and didn't want to get a dog sitter last minute - found this newly opened hotel let our dogs stay free. Never stayed here or visited when it was a Hard Rock - but this property is new, gleaming and still working some kinks out.

Check in was a breeze. Waited 10 minutes for an agent and out of nowhere a man swooped down and offered me a bottle of cold water. I am liking this place... no resort fees, easy valet parking, wifi and it looks edgy cool. I upgraded to the Ruby tower. If you have a pet - it makes more sense since this tower is 1/3 the distance to the dog relief area. If you stay in the other towers its a LONG hike through the casino and hotel to get to the dog zone.

Room: Wow. Just wow. Yes, it's like a star wars suite. Yes - the furniture is more form than function, but damn if it don't look good. The bed is odd. Bed is comfortable. It's designed so you can have three people laying around with back support at the same time. To each their own. The bathroom is the size of some economy rooms on the strip. The well they call a tub was immense. The shower could hold a llama. Lighting and tv controls take some getting used to - but you can mirror directly from your phone which I loved. The A/C was blessedly strong. This is seriously one of my fav rooms in Vegas of all time.

Hotel: Pool is cool. Pool is only open till 7pm right now. Restaurants were all amazing - they have something for everyone and the beach club was like being somewhere a million miles away.

Staff: Friendly. You can tell they are short staffed (everyone is) but they really are trying and they were awesome. They never cleaned our room but there was a nice lady who kept pushing towels and toiletries on me like they were contraband. One word on the toiletries - the smell is strong. You like it or you don't but you will definitely have an opinion on it.

Room tip: Ruby tower is best for people traveling with pooches
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Meerkat92101
Joshua Jarvis, Guest Services / Front Office at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2021

Hello Meerkat92101,

Thank you for the excellent review on TripAdvisor for Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our resort. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our chambers, restaurants and team members. We strive to create one of a kind experiences for our guests and provide them with the highest level of service. Your patronage is greatly appreciated and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2021

Needed a microwave in the room and needed a refrigerator but other than that the stay was overall excellent and I had a blast and the spa was so relaxing and I enjoyed it and all the amenities at the hotel.

1  Thank dldowell23
Joshua Jarvis, Guest Services / Front Office at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2021

Hello dldowell23,

Thank you for taking the time to review Virgin Hotels Las Vegas on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you had an excellent stay. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our resort and spa. We strive to create one of a kind experiences for our guests. Your patronage is greatly appreciated and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2021

Nice facility, great staff. Only downsides are noise from the pool parties during the day and lack of coffee makers in the rooms. The lack of coffee makers forces everyone that drinks coffee to head for the restaurants in the morning, causing crowding at each of the available establishments.

1  Thank hosler01

Hello hosler01,

Thank you for taking the time to review Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. We are pleased you chose to stay at our resort. Thank you for the positive comments about our team members, we strive to provide a high level of service. We apologize for the issues you experienced with noise, and when brought to the attention of our team members, they will do their best to provide accommodations. Your patronage is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2021

I paid $43.60 for a $40 quoted price for their day club pool. The security workers at the entrance acted like Nazis, but I expected it. She even opened the tiny, tiny zipper compartment of my wallet -- probably looking for pills. She frisked me all over. Afterwards, she asked, 'is that your car keys in your right front pocket ?" I was semi- alarmed / surprised. INDEED. Worrying they might fall out of the very shallow pocket in my shorts / swimsuit I told her, 'Oh yeah, I'm going to move them right now into my little zipper bag (with 1 totally visible fishnet side.)

She had already gone thru that bag which contained my phone, wallet, spray sunscreen, and lotion sunscreen.) What she didn't find was a small burrito from Taco Bell in my front left pocket.

Half the crowd looked to be on Ectasy, judged by their girations to the music. I later looked up the DJ on google, and he is famous, and has many accolades. At one point, a solo trumpeteer did some impromptu playing along with the dj music: I WAS SUPER IMPRESSED.

Half of the pool is a normal, shallow 3'6" pool; the other half has a sand floor, and a sand shoreline (like at the ocean.)

I tipped the guy $3 in the bathroom, as he doted about the various colognes available.

To shade yourself from the sun, they had these little (native american indian) tee-pees with a round cushion bed to lay on.

Drinks were expensive. I only stayed 2 hours + 30 minutes. It was very hot; the sun was intense.

Virgin hired an entire bevy of gorgeous women in bikinis just to make the abience nice. I talked to one of them. They were all drop dead gorgeous; face, bodies, and swimsuits, hats, etc.

I struck up a conversation with a local who worked at one of those dacquiri bars in the Miracle Mile Shops. He was about 27 years old. He had a very close, platonic girl who was a friend, who was one of the crew of 13 or so drop dead gorgeous women. He gave me the low down on how this all operates. This group of gals had either 1 or 2 cabanas for themselves, and were comped expensive drinks in order to make it more of party atmosphere.

I didn't spend anything over the $43.60; seemed like a bargain when compared to Drai's, Encore Beach Club or Sapphire.

I will add parenthetically, that I got in free 4 times to Mandalay Bay's Daylight Beach Club in April. Indeed, I had a room there for 7 nights. Not sure how I pulled that off. It started off with my seeking help from the concierge as I wanted entry to the pool on our first day there, but I wasn't ready to check in. I didn't want to pay for an early check in. I had my reservations printed out. The (non-concierge) gal helped us by approaching the concierge on my behalf. The concierge gal made a phone call to the people at the Daylight Beach club, and we WERE IN !

Not sure how / why we got in the other 3 times. They were (in April, 2021) supposed to be closed Mon, Tues & Wednesday. One guy at The Daylight Beach club told me that they 'were doing MGM / Mandalay Bay a favor' by being open all 7 days that week. THEY GO TO GREAT LENGHTS AT DAYLIGHT BEACH CLUB TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THEY ARE A SEPARATE ORGANIZATION from MGM / Mandalay Bay.

Hello Jewell69,

Thank you for taking the time to review Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. We are pleased to hear you chose to visit our resort and enjoyed our Elia Beach Club. We strive to create a fun and entertaining experience for our guests. Your patronage is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.