Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MIC415
Los Angeles, California

Disappointing, not clean

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 May 2021
This hotel had so much potential but the room ultimately was a let down. We traveled as a Family with 2 small Children in hopes of giving them an awesome luxurious experience. The Pandemic is still very real and cleanliness should be ABOVE and beyond! My Husband and I were sanitizing the room with Lysol spray and wipes and I'm glad we were because there was hair behind the sink. Not ours. That was strike one. The phone and night stand was pretty dusty also. We ended up leaving to get food and came back got the kids in bed. After a long day of travel I decided to take a nice hot shower in the spacious shower and to my surprise THERE WAS MORE HAIR!!!!!! IN THE SHOWER! It was 2am and I was PISSED. I called down to the front desk to let them know how unacceptable this was. They offered to clean but it was 2am and my kids were sleep so NO. They offered to have someone come at 8:30am to clean the bathroom. I get ready to lay down upset mind you and one of the pillows had a nasty stain on it which looked like dried bodily fluids. DISGUSTING! We had planed on staying 3 nights but ended up cutting our trip down. I was very uncomfortable knowing that our room wasn't very clean and the potential risk we were facing with our Children due to the lack of cleanliness. The following day the Housekeeper came and wouldn't "clean" unless we were out the room. My kids were sleep so she left and told me to call "when we were ready". She ended up cleaning while we went to the pool and came back, honestly she didn't do anything but make the damn beds!!!!!!! I was so done and ready to check out. You know why? Because THERE WAS HAIR STILL IN THE SHOWER IN ANOTHER AREA. LIKE how do you fake clean? Oh and lastly, as my kids were on the balcony looking at the water show, my son came to us with wet hands. We were thinking where did this come from?? Oh well, there was liquid leaking from the balcony above us. DEEP SIGH. Over it, won't stay here again and do not recommend. This hotel cost too much to go through these type of issues. The only PRO was the food options in the hotel which were great and one of the Managers heard us out about our disappointment with our stay and comped one night of our 2 night stay.
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
1.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
2.0 of 5 bubblesService
Nicholas A, Guest Services / Front Office at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection, responded to this review
Responded 11 May 2021
MIC415,

Thank you for taking the time to share. We sincerely regret to learn about the multiple challenges you and your family encountered while staying with us—that's not right. We understand the disappointment, especially while traveling with your children. That is the exact opposite experience we aim to achieve and we apologize for the inconveniences.

This is the type of feedback we take very seriously and we'd appreciate the opportunity to follow up with you further and make things right. To that end, if you’d be willing, a member of Guest Services can be reached at gssinquiries@cosmopolitanlasvegas.com. Please include your reservation information, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Welcome to Caesars Palace
    $824
1.4 km from The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
View more hotels in Las Vegas
2,474 results
All reviews fountain view chelsea tower chandelier bar wicked spoon secret pizza boulevard pool terrace studio japanese soaking tub city room china poblano barber shop amazing hotel pool party mini bar restaurants and bars favorite hotel high floor
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2021 via mobile

Overall this upscale hotel is very nice but you get the sensation that it used to be more exclusive than it is now. Also there are a lot of shady people hanging around the casino. My friend was doing pretty well with winning and then had wallet stolen. Thankfully most of the winnings were not in there. Just be careful to not keep your wallet in an open pants pocket as we think they pick pocketed the wallet. Security and lost and found were helpful.

Aside from that, the rooms were very clean and you can tell housekeeping works hard. Salon staff is also very professional and friendly. Haircut and manicure were excellent!

Pool is kind of crowded and smaller than you would think but each tower has their own pool. We had to go early in the day to get a good chair but that’s when the sun was blaring hot. There is a covered area but chairs are first come first serve and those go fast.

Not much shopping on the premises but plenty nearby as it is a very short walk to great shops. Room service is delicious and excellent quality but so are the restaurants on site such as The Henry and the others on floor 2 above the casino.

From the balcony, we could smell weed and cigarettes so we weren’t able to keep windows open as much as we wanted. But when we could, the breeze was really nice.

Saw people with their dogs staying there and I think it’s very cool this hotel allows dogs to stay there. I’ll probably be back and give this hotel another try for sure.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Mel9999-4
Reviewed 5 May 2021

Another great stay at my favorite hotel in Vegas! Checked in on a Sunday for three nights. I had a comp room offer with no resort fees and upgraded to a two-queen balcony city view room for a small fee. Check in was a bit busy as we arrived around 2 pm. We waited in line maybe 20 minutes before it was our turn to check in. We were given a high floor room on the 58th floor of the Chelsea Tower. The rooms here are very spacious with a large bathroom and jetted tub. I also like that there's a mini fridge for personal use if needed. The view was amazing! The balcony is one of the main reasons I stay here. The room was clean as expected.

We dined at two restaurants here on property during our stay. It was past 1 am one night and all of the restaurants were closed on the 2nd level. I remember hearing that Secret Pizza was open until 2 am. There was a bit of a line as it's one of the only places available during that time of the night.

We also had breakfast at The Henry which is on the first level of the Boulevard Tower. I highly recommend making reservations as they can get busy during early morning hours for breakfast.

The gaming floor is very lively and upbeat. Their rewards program is very generous. I won $500 free play through one of their promotions and was able to win some money with that.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and will book here again in the near future.

1  Thank Poker_Ninja_206
Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

Stayed 4/25 - 4/30. Booked studio fountain view but upgraded to suite with fountain view on 43rd floor of Chelsea tower. Awesome view! First day ate at Holsteins, had drinks at chandelier bar and vesper and late dinner at Beauty and Essex. Also ate at District: Donuts. Sliders. Brew, Eggslut, The Henry. Drinks at Clique. Secret Pizza was amazing! Had room service for breakfast on our last day and it was fast and delicious! Cabana day at the Chelsea pool was so much fun! Thanks Patrick! The Cosmo is right in the center of the strip and is so unique. The view from our balcony was second to none. I can’t wait to go back and will definitely stay at the Cosmo again!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank bobber681
Reviewed 29 April 2021

We had someone break in while we were IN THE ROOM asleep and take $6000 worth of cash and property. We woke up to credit card fraud notifications. We called "security" and someone showed up asking for us to fill out a statement. He advised us that we should hear from risk management the following week. That was it, we had to ask to be moved to a different room. We were never provided any feedback on our safety concerns or explanation on how someone was able to access our room. We didn't get a call from anyone offering any consolation and were basically treated like a statistic.

I've looked into this since our incident and have found several similar stories online. We filed a police report, the Las Vegas PD detective tells me this happens quite frequently and thieves are getting away because there are no cameras monitoring the hallways or stairway exits to any floor.

We slept with a table in front of our door the last night. If you stay at the Cosmopolitan, bring some kind of additional travel lock for your door. It’s clear that Cosmo hotel security is there to protect the hotel/casino and not the guests.

9  Thank David H
Reviewed 28 April 2021 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel April 22-25. Our room 2083 was robbed in the middle of the night while we were sleeping. They stole over $6000 worth of stuff. Some of the big items were:
Louis Vuitton purse
$500 cash
$400 cash vouchers at your hotel
Credit card (with fraudulent charges on it)
Bank debit card (with fraudulent charges on it)
My License
Gucci backpack
Beats headphones
Bag of expensive makeup
iPad
AirPods
A lot of miscellaneous items

I have filed a report with the hotel & with LVPD. The hotel showed very little concern for our well being. We asked to be moved to a different room (ended up in 6885) for our last night there. We were so terrified that we slept with the room service table in front of our door.

The next morning the hotel staff had the audacity to contact us telling us that our credit card had been declined & that we needed another form of payment. Wouldn’t you think that would have been noted that our room was robbed?? We once again explained the situation to the staff. When we went to check out, that staff then again told us the card was declined. Why is the hotel not communicating with each other about a serious situation that occurred on their property?! So once again we re-explain the situation again. While the front desk figures out what to do, we waited awhile to get the answer “once this is figured out, we will bill you for your remaining balance”....really?!?!

My husband & I travel a lot. He is a platinum Marriott member. This was our 3rd stay at this hotel & will be the last. We have never been treated with such lack of care & concern.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple