Lowest prices for your stay
US$129
Snaptravel
FindHotel
US$124
Agoda.comUS$129
Hotels.comUS$129
Expedia.comUS$129
All reviews movie theater right next door lake tahoe front desk indoor pool and spa fast food railroad museum reno area room was spacious hot tub mini fridge home away from home convenient location a great place to stay great room road trip marriott
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2021

Stayed here for just one night. All food services are closed. Check in was simple. Our room was clean. Only change I would have made was to have a room farther from the elevators (which is marked on our Bonvoy stay preferences).

Room tip: Even numbered rooms face the parking lot and I would assume are quieter because they are off the street.
Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 8 October 2020

The hotel is nice and we have had good luck with the place in the past. It was not as clean as in the past....we always wipe down the room ourselves “before” occupying it due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Found the room not to be as clean as other hotels we had visited.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the highway......very noisy.
Date of stay: October 2020
Joseph Pickett, General Manager at Courtyard Carson City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2020

Hello docbob0707,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I'm sorry that you had a negative impression on the cleanliness of your room. Our team has received additional training on proper cleaning procedures and we have changed some cleaning products to better ensure the room is sanitized.

Was there something specific that didn't seem clean in the room? When I travel, I have the same perception that you had but it was usually because of the different decor. Please reply and share your additional comments on what seemed unclean in the room and I will provide additional training for my staff.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 16 September 2020

Please note that this review is written during the time of Covid: While I would have found it interesting to see what this Courtyard Marriott is like during "regular" times, I feel the staff did an amazing job handling the changes presented to them. I felt the rooms to be clean. I appreciated that hand sanitizer was constantly at the front desk. My one critique of the room (and a tiny one of that) is the placement of the bed/tv is a bit skewed where you have to sit at an odd angle while in bed to watch tv. But at the end of the day, what you really want is a helpful and kind staff and that is what you get at this place!

Date of stay: August 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello Colin,

Thank you for your review. I'm thankful for your compliments during the challenging times of Covid-19. Our employees spend extra time cleaning the guest rooms to make sure they are clean and sanitized. We pay extra focus to the areas that guests touch, like phones and remote controls. We take the guidance from the CDC seriously.

We have hand sanitizer available in many locations of the hotel. Our employees have access to their own hand sanitizer so they don't have to go find some. Its always available.

Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 September 2020

Stayed at Courtyard CS this week and found it wanting. After staying at several hotels on this road trip we found this hotel doing relatively little to counter the issues presented by Covid 19. There was no breakfast, the pool was closed and the lobby and common areas were closed with chairs piled on tables. The common areas and hallways needed a good vacuuming. The room was relatively small and the corner of the TV tucked behind the closet. It took a while to get used to missing a couple of inches of the screen. The casino next door had OK food, however, and was a short walk. Rated number 4 with a relatively higher rate than some of the others this might not be you best choice until they try harder or the virus scare is over.

Date of stay: September 2020

Thank you for reviewing our hotel Trip Advisor and giving us an opportunity to address your concerns.

As you are aware, there are restrictions in place for Covid-19. The local County Health and Human Services has ordered our Bistro, lobby, swimming pool and fitness center to remain closed. I know this is a huge inconvinence and we hear you. Unfortunatly the local government has put in these restrictions for the safety of the community.

I'm sure you understand the challenges restrictions have on business. Earlier this year, Lake Tahoe closed all hotels and kicked out guests. They did not allow any type of rental for less than 30 days.

If you have other suggestions on how we can improve our service and remain in compliance with state requirements to protect you and other guests, please feel free to reach out me.

Thanks again

775-887-9900

Reviewed 5 August 2020

Check in was efficient. Room clean. Nothing open in hotel except rooms. Explain to me why they can't have their restaurant open, but the restaurant next door can?

Make sure to get an even numbered room so you are away from the road noise.

Room tip: even numbered rooms
Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank TheOpsDoctor
Lesley Goldwater, General Manager at Courtyard Carson City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2020

As you are aware, there are restrictions in place for Covid-19. The local County Health and Human Services has ordered our Bistro, lobby, swimming pool and fitness center to remain closed. The health department simply reference Covid-19. If you would like, you are able to contact the Douglas County Health and Human Services and receive their county rules and requirements. While the state has issues guidelines, counties also can have additional guidelines. Casinos are also governed by the gaming commission and have different regulations.

Seeing that you are from Ohio, we have different rules and regulations than your home state. We have a different government setup and laws then Ohio. There is lots of information about our local and state restrictions available online.

If you have other suggestions on how we can rove our service and remain in compliance with state requirements to protect you and other guests, please feel free to reach out me.

Thanks again