“Another Truly Amazing Stay at Chico Hotsprings!”

Chico Hot Springs Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Pray
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2024

We have been here before, and it never fails to amaze us. We arrived on Friday night and headed straight to the pool with the hot spring water—it was great as always. Dinner at the Saloon was incredible; the burger, Reuben, and fries were amazing, and the live music added a great touch!On Saturday morning, we had breakfast at the Diner. Oh my gosh, it was really, really great! Our waiter, Ron, was outstanding—friendly, helpful, polite, and just an all-around nice guy. After breakfast, we enjoyed another soak in the pool.Later, we went on a scenic horseback ride for an hour. The staff and horses were wonderful and suitable for any age. Meanwhile, a family member had an hour-long massage at the day spa. The massage was informative and helpful for their stretching routine, and the therapist did a fantastic job. It wasn’t just any massage—it was definitely worth it.The scenery here is beautiful, and there are plenty of fun activities to enjoy. For dinner, we went back to the Diner. The Ribeye, Filet Mignon, and Prime Rib were more than great, and once again, we had excellent service with a friendly waiter. The desserts were delicious too—we had crème brûlée and berry peach cobbler!On our last day, Sunday, we went to brunch. It was fantastic, and we were lucky to have Ron as our waiter again. He was so good to us, truly an amazing waiter! The food was also top-notch. We had one last dip in the pool before leaving, and the entire trip was totally worth it and a lot of fun!

Reviewed 22 May 2024 via mobile

Our waiter Shane was awesome and the food was delicious! I am still thinking about the bread! We really enjoyed our dinner here!

Reviewed 21 May 2024 via mobile

One the final night of our “babymoon” trip, we booked what we had hoped was a nice dinner at the Chico dining room. Upon arrival, we were nicely greeted, sat timely, and met our server (Brian or Brad). Our drinks came quick, both which were good (making us hopeful of the meal). We split the chowder soup and the crab cake as an appetizer. Both were very small portions and around a 2/5 as far as taste goes (not bad, but not great), but good enough to eat the small portion. I unfortunately decided on 14oz Ribeye steak, and nearly immediately regretted my decision upon seeing other ribeyes walk past to other tables with little seasoning, zero char, and simply unappetizing in appearance. When the steak arrived, to put it simply, it was awful. It’s hard to ruin a good piece of meat, even simple salt/pepper and a grill will make a great steak, but Chico managed it. The steak was chewy, lacked seasoning, zero char, and was accompanied by green beans that were undercooked (also zero seasoning) and potatoes (these were good, the only thing on the plate I ate). I had about 10% of the steak only because I was hungry. My wife had roasted duck, which came out undercooked, even after telling the server she was pregnant. We had to send that back, which came out again prepared fine, but also generally underwhelming. The dessert was good, a cobbler with ice cream. At NO point did the serve make any attempt to ask how my food was. I rarely send food back or ask for substitutes, but this was so exceptionally poor that I was prepared to point it out. However, the server ignored the point entirely. He even noticed I didn’t eat the steak, and asked if I wanted a box, but still failed to ask if everything was fine. Unacceptable for a “fine dining” establishment.

Which brings me to this. Chico dining was extremely underwhelming and, at the end of the day, felt like an old Red Lobster trying to be something it wasn’t. I apologized to my wife on the way home, and ended up eating some meat we prepared the night before and joked it would be the best thing on the menu. We still tipped $30 on a $150 dollar bill, totaling us out just under $200.

Really, really disappointing, and honestly inexcusable (it takes effort to make a steak that bad). Do yourself a favor and drive 15 or so more minutes and try Campione in Livingston for a decent meal.

Reviewed 6 February 2024 via mobile

Chico has always been highly anticipated and a favorite treat of ours for fine dining for many years. We started off wrestling with attempting to cut the lettuce core left in tact in the Bleu Cheese Wedge Salad. I have enjoyed the Mustard's Pork Chop countless times but this visit the size seemed reduced, though the Mongolian Sauce remained delicious as ever. My husband's Gorgonzola Filet Mignon arrived not as his ordered Medium Rare including the Gratin of Potatoes he had requested to be omitted and no extra vegetables as the server offered. The Cherry Lime Ginger Cobbler, hot and scrumptious, topped off the meal with a happy ending. Our disappointing out-of-the-norm could be answered due to the hospitality group buyout and change of chef.

Date of visit: February 2024
1  Thank Laura S
Reviewed 9 January 2024

This is literally the best restaurant I have ever eaten at including upscale restaurants in NYC and Washington, DC! The steaks are perfect; the service impeccable, and the prices beyond reasonable. We have always been impressed with this restaurant and will continue to make it a stop when we vacation in Montana.

Date of visit: January 2024