Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Lyn V
Portland, Oregon

RUDEST manager EVER.

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Oct 2014
My mother and I stayed here on our way to Yellowstone for Labor Day weekend. I suppose we arrived a little "too late" in the manager's day (apparently) as she was rude as could POSSIBLY BE from the get go. She was short and snippy and not the LEAST bit courteous. When my mother's card key didn't work, she snatched it out of her hand with such great force she threw it over her own shoulder.

The hotel itself is what you would expect for a mid-century accommodation. There has been some renovation, but nothing special. It was fairly "quiet" (except for the loud rumble of the air conditioner - so loud we ended up turning it off). I'll give it that. I will sleep in my car before I stay here again.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • ZenHotels.com
    $354
2.1 km from Budget Host Parkway Motel
View more hotels in Livingston
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2014 via mobile

Prior to arriving had to cancel one room. The woman at desk was not happy with this. I felt as if I was a child being talked to. I asked if there were any exceptions made for unexpected issues. Her response was "Sure if like your husband or child is in the hospital we can make an exception for stuff like that". Kinda took my breath away cuse I'm a nurse and don't take hospitalizations lightly. So I gave up and kept the 2 rooms. Now that we are here the rudeness just keeps coming. Same lady she only softened when my husband told her that it his wife she had talked too. Ugh won't try this place again.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank gailene m
parkst, Manager at Budget Host Parkway Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2014

NO emergency is taken lightly as all of us at this property have dealt with our own crises, some worse than hospitalization.
When booking on line make sure of all policies. Cancellations must be handled through that agency not directly with the property.
As had been explained when you called there would be no charge if you called the booking agency and we were able to sell the rooms to someone else. You were not charged any fee, as your husband heard, the guest behind him took the room you had cancelled.

Reviewed 11 September 2014

Well I'm not sure of the other reviews and why they rated this place so well. We found it to be very much in need of a reno. Everything including the sign at the road is original and worn out. I'm sure the owners would like to have enough revenue to redo but they won't rent enough rooms to do so if they don't start fixing this place up. It is clean but our bed was sloped to the middle and worn out, the pillows were flat. Other guests displayed some disturbing actions, standing out in front of their rooms yelling and talking to other people that were not there. We were not kept up by them as they settled down later in the night. Our rate was $54.00. I will pass on this one next time.

Room tip: Don't be sucked in by the price, look somewhere else.
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Most projects are only able to be done in the off season and is an on going effort. The sign in the entry lot was painted this year however, due to weather and contractor obligations we were not able to complete the secondary sign. Extra pillows are easily available by calling the front desk as well as a room change if you are not satisfied with the bed. Your comfort is our priority.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

On our way back from Alaska on motorcycles and stopped here for the night beore riding Beartooth Pass in Yellowstone. This is a true motel with Zenith tv and Whirlpool a/c. Host was very nice. Rooms are old fashioned but clean. Next day weather prevented us from continuing and host gladly assisted so we could stay one more night. Town is booked due to rodeo and summer event. Stay here for a piece of Americana.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Sorry a response took so long. We try to meet each guests requests whenever possible. Glad we could make the extra night happen.

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Budget Host in Hot Springs so much, we drove an extra couple of hours to stay here. Another cozy, clean, and quiet place. Bed was very comfortable and tons of hot water immediately. Looks like another owner/operator business. They were very pleasant and helpful. A grocery is nearby in case you are having an extended stay. I'm becoming a real fan of Budget Host.

Date of stay: July 2013
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I arrived in Livingston after spending the day in Yellowstone National Park, and was heading for eastern Montana early the following day. Because of this, I really only needed a place to "crash" for the night. This was a camping trip, but I opted to sleep under a real roof that night, thinking it might be a little chilly for tenting. Check-in was efficient and pleasant, and I was pleased to find a microwave and 'fridge in the room... I was able to eat in that night rather than pay for a restaurant, and did the same for breakfast. The room was clean & comfortable, and the wifi, while not fast, was at least reliable. The only negative... some of the other tenants, who looked like they might be more permanent guests, were loud and crude. They eventually quieted down, but I was glad I didn't have to put up with them for another night. I guess that's what I would say... This place is fine for a quick visit (very reasonably priced in comparison to others in the area, and probably less than half the cost of staying in Yellowstone); for a longer stay, I might look elsewhere.

Date of stay: June 2013