Algotels
Maureen Q
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Yellowstone Road Trip
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Jul 2021via mobile
Livingston is an hour outside the North Entrance so you really only stay here to save money, unless its peak summer travel and the rates are overpriced due to high rates of travel, we paid $250 a night. The hotel is so old you can hear the people next door, the running plumbing, and creaking of the floors when people awake upstairs. They only staff the front desk with 1 person so be prepared to wait if you need any assistance. I would not recommend staying here unless you have few other options, which was our case.
Date of stay: July 2021Trip type: Travelled with family
Exterior
    $164
2.5 km from Yellowstone Pioneer Lodge
View more hotels in Livingston
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2021

I read Lodge reviews before booking but ignored the advice of others. It was hot (July), late and we were tired of driving a long distance. The front desk was friendly and curteous. She had a cute baby kitten wrapped in a towel that was probably from our room because we were shorted a towel and wash cloth. When entering I noticed fans in windows of rooms. I asked the clerk if our AC was working. I didn't ask the right quesiton. Yes, the AC unit was working but not cooling. Just circulating hot 80 degree room air. I asked the clerk about the AC not cooling and she commented that the hot weather from the week before knocked out units and it probably "has not recovered." The room was large and spacious. We opened a window and by morning the room was 79F. Finally, a shower and some sleep. Shower water varied between hot and cold depending on the neighborhood use of the same. To bed and sleep. No mattress pad and sheets we extremely well worn (100 thread count) and without elastic on bottom sheet. If you turned in bed the sheet would lift off mattress and we ended up sleeping on the bare nylon matress along with the dead skin of 1000's of previous guests. A shower again in the morning to wash off and the same temp fluctuating shower. All in all we had a memorable experience to write home about and sometimes the worse places give you the best memories. If you like to 1) ignore other's advice and 2) an outdoor camping experience, this is the place to stay.

Room tip: Make sure AC unit is cooling and not jsut circulating hot room air.
3  Thank deelybob
Joel Boren, General Manager at Yellowstone Pioneer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience, but I really appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention

We set a high standard for ourselves, and we’re so sorry to hear this was not met in your interaction with our business. I would appreciate another chance to earn your business.

Reviewed 7 July 2021

All I’m going to say is read all the other reviews and take them to heart and then run the other way. I wish I had!

From the unfriendly, rude front desk person to the worn out and dirty facilities, this place is the stuff that gives a traveler nightmares.

Room tip: Stay elsewhere
2  Thank KarenTravels5280

Reviewed 6 July 2021 via mobile

I am ok with staying at older properties, even giving a chance to those small businesses by not judging just on the reviews. However, I was soooo wrong not to heed the warnings.

Cons:
• Unfriendly staff: They seem to hate their job. Need training in customer service. I called ahead to let them know we were arriving late and to confirm our reservations because I never received an email. The person on the other line was extremely short and dismissive. Upon arrival I came in with a positive attitude because I knew it was late (10 pm). I had to flag the host down because they were in the office and wasn’t greeted or asked my name? There was absolutely no eye contact which is so weird nor a run down of their check-out time, breakfast or parking. I came to the conclusion it was late and they were tired. However at check-out it was more of the same?! No eye contact, very brash and really appeared like they hated their job. Why work there then!!!
•Dated and dirty rooms: stains on the kids sheets, broken chairs, chipped and stained sink.
•Breakfast: laughable. Felt like you were getting a snack from your school cafeteria.
• $$$ for what you get. $188 can get you something way better in Billings or Bozeman.

Pros:
• Convenient to the freeway, gas station, market.
• Hot water: shower wasn’t bad.
• Quiet area
• Garage for guests cars but figure the code out yourself by looking at the sign while checking in. Don’t ask the host because you’ll get a response like…” just park wherever you want”…with no mention of a garage parking lot.
• The bikers who are also traveling are friendlier than the staff and will help you when you have a question.
• 1 hour outside Yellowstone.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Pearl C

Reviewed 15 June 2021 via mobile

I do want to compliment Kristen Swanson..desk agent..very sweet and pleasant..she tried to accommodate us but her hands were tied by management..I worked for a major airline carrier for 37 yrs..this hotel has got to be one of the dirtiest and horribly maintained my husband and I have ever seen..A/C was a window unit..I had to clean vent so it would work..so filthy! I do believe management hasn't put any money into maintaining building..would NEVER EVER stay here again even if it were FREE! Corporate greed at it's WORST!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 448joannk
Joel Boren, General Manager at Yellowstone Pioneer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2021

Reviewed 12 June 2021 via mobile

This place has seen better days. All common areas are a bit tired. The room was clean, but smelled musty, due to opening onto the indoor pool. The check in clerk was not at all friendly. We were looking for a one-night stop on our road trip and were traveling with our dog. If that’s all you’re looking for and the price you get is the lowest around, then OK.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Joel Boren, General Manager at Yellowstone Pioneer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2021

Dear guest,

Thanks so much for bringing this issue to our attention and please let me apologize for the unacceptable way in which you’ve been treated.

Keeping our customers happy is our number one priority and I’d like to ask you for another chance to stay with us.