Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
tkirk653104
Billings, Montana
Absolutely awful
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 May 2021
I called several times before chosing the hotel, I asked questions about the pool, breakfast, and local attractions. Specifically the local horseback tours for my kids. I booked the hotel as part of a family trip because it was close to Yellowstone national park, and because the information I was provided by the hotel receptionist. As a high note I'll start out with she was kind but unfortunately misleading. For about 100$ the pool was infested with dead bugs atleast 100+ as soon as we got in the water my kids had bugs in there hair and sticking to their skin. I am so alarmed to say three dead flies were in the drain of the shower after I showered from being in the pool maybe 10 mins, until I discovered how disturbing it was. We told the desk attendant it was gross she made it seem normal and said she was going to clean the bugs out shortly. Also while in the pool there were grown men swimming in there brief underwear, and were partially exposed each time they exited the pool. Our door to our room was wide open when we arrived I quickly realized it was because the room reaked of mold, pot, and cigarettes. My sheets had food crumbs all throughout and I had a greasy hand print on my bottom sheet and drool stain on my pillow. It was so bad I felt I couldn't breathe in the room and it as my daughter is allergic to smoke is was causing her asthma to act up. This is also a animal friendly hotel and it certainly smells of it. Wouldn't recommend 10 out of 10. The hotel was disgusting and the people that were there staying were questionable to say the least, seems to me like possibly a hotel locals frequent. Not a good place for a family.
Date of stay: May 2021
  • Residence Inn
35.4 km from Yellowstone Pioneer Lodge
Pool
View more hotels in Livingston
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 April 2021

The positives I can say about this property are that the front desk girl was friendly and helpful. There was garage parking, if we wanted to use it. There was a “Covid style” grab bag breakfast of an oatmeal fruit bar, can of juice, and small bottle of water. They are very dog friendly but (here start the negatives) the room smelled “very dog friendly.” And nobody cleaned up after their dog in the outside potty area. Room was not cleaned well. There was mildew in the shower and hair, (looked like shaving stubble) in and around the sink. The hallway reeked of marijuana and cigarette smoke, which did get into our room a little. It gave me a horrible headache. I think some of this was because of the type of clientele that the low rate attracted. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel unless you only care about the price.

1  Thank smatte299711
Joel Boren, General Manager at Yellowstone Pioneer Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2021

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for not meeting your expectations. You are correct with the type of clientele that has been staying since we do offer lower rates, and having a housing shortage has been problematic. We are trying our best to uplift our property so everyone can enjoy their stay. Once again I deeply apologize. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly. Thanks

Reviewed 29 April 2021

the young lady at the front desk gave us our room key with the #210. went to the room, tried to enter, the room was occupied and we were screamed at by the occupant. returned to front desk, clerk was facetiming with her significant other and acted as if it was a bother to have to wait on us. the next morning there was no maid service. the online ad for the motel showed an extensive breakfast bar, reason we chose this motel. in the morning there were brown bags with water and OJ in them and a frig with cheap breakfast burritos in it. when we were going to leave my wife went to look for a luggage cart, was told the cart was in the parking garage, to go get it herself.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. I apologize for the mishap with the room. I did speak with the front desk that night when she had made that mistake. She felt really bad on what had happened. I will personally deal with the issues you mentioned. I do hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me. Thanks

Reviewed 16 April 2021

The whole place smelled of mold and smoke. The sheets were disgusting as if they have never been washed before. Room wasn't clean, the water wouldn't stay warm to take a shower.The lady at the front desk was mean and rude. Should of spent the extra money to get a hotel that actually cares for the customers, but this place has a no refund policy so we were stuck into staying here. Won't make that mistake ever again!

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. I apologize for not meeting your expectations. I will personally address these issues with the lady at the front desk. We do have a refund policy. I'm sorry that was told to you. Please reach out to me directly, so we can resolve this together. Thanks

Reviewed 16 April 2021

Great place to stay! The front desk woman was super cool and nice. Rooms were nice, clean and quiet ! Super good prices, really helped me out during my move.Thanks guys ! They also have a nice pool to swim in!

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for such a great review and feedback. I am pleased we your enjoyed your stay, and the pool as well. I will share this with my staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Thanks

Reviewed 5 April 2021

The staff was very nice, the lobby is cozy, the room and bathroom were spacious, the bed was fantastic (best night of sleep in a long time), and I have no complaints! Best deal in the state. I would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: March 2021

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again!

Thanks