Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
jcampb441637
Austin, Texas
First time in Montana
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Oct 2020
My colleague and I had a three day business trip, we stayed at the Yellowstone Pioneer Lodge in Livingston, MT. The staff was nice and the hotel was clean. Traveling during a pandemic is scary but we felt safe with everyone at the hotel wearing their masks...
Date of stay: October 2020Trip type: Travelled on business
    $520
35.4 km from Yellowstone Pioneer Lodge
Pool
View more hotels in Livingston
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

I'm surprised the reviews for this place are as low as they are; these people should stay in some of the places I've stayed. We were lucky to find a room for under 100 in Livingston. Their pet fee was just $10 each, which wasnt bad at all. Even though the lobby smelled a bit mildewy (likely because of the pool which is closed for covid -a good time to empty and clean it) the room was surprisingly nice. The beds were comfy and the linens were clean and white, very nice towels too. It was cleaner than most too. There's an elevator, which was nice for dogs and dragging luggage. Down sides: The public areas (especially carpets, rugs, floors) need a good cleaning, the heater in our room didn't work at all, and the remote they gave us when our room didn't have one never actually turned on the tv, a minor issue. I'd stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Paintyhands
Reviewed 2 October 2020

The whole place was filthy, from the lobby, the elevator, to the room. Bathroom was gross and the bedding. Wish I had a sleeping bag with me. The receptionist was extremely rude. She complained she was doing two jobs when I commented on her attitude. The whole place smelled like smoke. Not a mask worn in sight concerning covid-19.

Reviewed 1 October 2020

Only spent a few hours at this hotel as I flew into Bozeman headed to Yellowstone.
Entrance was filthy, the clerk that check me in seemed to be wearing pajama bottoms, and was unable
to offer an extra pillow or fan for the room. The room environment seemed very stagnant and unhealthy. Guess you get what you pay for.

Reviewed 29 September 2020

Outside needs improvement. Inside lobby has nice wood furniture. Room walls are very thin!
We were there during Covid so do not have review of breakfast that would normally be included.
Overall, just needs some general repair/upgrades.

Reviewed 28 September 2020

Where to start-- when I first called this motel to inquire about a room the person I to spoke was ok. Pleasant, polite but not a font of information. Two days later we arrived in Livingston. Although it was earlier in the day we stopped to inquire when it would be possible to check in.
The main entrance was poorly marked and upon entry I observed a poorly lit area with old overstuffed chair and sofa, dirt in the corners of the entry way and soiled carpet.
At the check in desk I could see two females in the dimly lit back office but had to make my presence known a couple of times. When one of them did come to the counter, casual clothing and no identifier or logo, she asked me "You need something?" while giving a look of annoyance. I explained that while I realized we had arrived early in the day I merely stopped to ask when we could possibly check in as I had a reservation for a handicap room. She replied "Rooms will be made up by 3:00 o'clock", Her tone was abrupt and she appeared put out by my question. Going back to my vehicle I mentioned the attitude to my wife who thought maybe the individual had worked late. I discovered this was not the case. This staff person's attitude was seemingly the norm.
NOT once did I observe a person working in this motel smile, It seemed that it was an effort on their part to interact with customers.

Later, after three, we checked in. Had to use the lobby restroom and it was dirty and poorly maintained. By now I am having more than a couple reservations about my pick of motels. While the person now manning the desk was not overtly rude she did not greet or smile while checking us in. Never a "Welcome to Livingston" "enjoy your stay" "have a good/safe trip" and especially never a thank you from this person whether checking or out.

We make it to our room. Handicap set up meant a high toilet and bars in the shower. The first thing I noted was that the carpet did not appear to have been vacuumed. The next issue was the dark ring around the toilet bowl. Then I saw a similar colored dark ring around the base of the sink drain. At this point I took a wad of tissue and removed a glob of some thick, brown substance which encircled the drain. Two wipes removed most of the goo but a stain remained.

My wife tried to turn on lights. Two lamps did not work. She tried the television and the provided control did not function. We called the front desk. A person arrived who was clearly unhappy to have to mess with a tv. After fiddling with the controls on the side and rear of the set she got it working. She left without an apology much less a smile.

Unfortunately we had occasion to need this person's assistance again. My wife flushed a tissue down the brown ringed toilet. It almost over flowed then drained slowly to normal. The desk person brought up a plunger and attempted to use it with no success. She flushed it and the toilet then did overflow. At this point she announced that we would have to move to another room but none was available with handicap rails etc. I did not hear any apology. She was addressing my wife but I interjected stating that as long as the room was decently clean without stain rings in the toilet or brown nasty junk in the sink it would do. I already knew that local rooms were at a minimum due to a sports event in town. Otherwise, we would have left.
The next room was relatively clean, The carpet was scruffy but appeared to have been recently vacuumed. Only one lamp was unfunctional, wrapped plastic drinking cups AND a plastic bag came with the ice bucket. The original room had neither. The toilet did not have a brown ring and while the bathroom sink drained very slow. it appeared clean with no brown nasty goo.
Our window faced the back of the motel but we had to leave it shut due to the party noises coming from rear neighbors.

My wife had some upsetting and/or strange interactions with staff the next morning before check out. I won't say much other than to express my amazement that an establishment who provides a service to the public and whose lively hood depends on those customers could be so slovenly, unprofessional, unpleasant and dour. I am sure their behavior and attitude is a direct reflection of the lacking training they have received and the poor management which runs this establishment.
Do yourself a favor and skip this rundown, scruffy and poorly run motel.

The high point of our stay here was the elevator that functioned. Also, one suggestion is to provide rooms with more than one small garbage can and put bulbs in all the lamps.

Room tip: The elevator functioned. Loud parties behind the hotel are a regular happening so rooms facing the main street are relatively quieter.
2  Thank OLDRKR