Algotels
Skyscanner.com
T. Neiter

Scruffy, unclean, unprofessional and rude staff.

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Sept 2020
Where to start-- when I first called this motel to inquire about a room the person I to spoke was ok. Pleasant, polite but not a font of information. Two days later we arrived in Livingston. Although it was earlier in the day we stopped to inquire when it would be possible to check in.
The main entrance was poorly marked and upon entry I observed a poorly lit area with old overstuffed chair and sofa, dirt in the corners of the entry way and soiled carpet.
At the check in desk I could see two females in the dimly lit back office but had to make my presence known a couple of times. When one of them did come to the counter, casual clothing and no identifier or logo, she asked me "You need something?" while giving a look of annoyance. I explained that while I realized we had arrived early in the day I merely stopped to ask when we could possibly check in as I had a reservation for a handicap room. She replied "Rooms will be made up by 3:00 o'clock", Her tone was abrupt and she appeared put out by my question. Going back to my vehicle I mentioned the attitude to my wife who thought maybe the individual had worked late. I discovered this was not the case. This staff person's attitude was seemingly the norm.
NOT once did I observe a person working in this motel smile, It seemed that it was an effort on their part to interact with customers.

Later, after three, we checked in. Had to use the lobby restroom and it was dirty and poorly maintained. By now I am having more than a couple reservations about my pick of motels. While the person now manning the desk was not overtly rude she did not greet or smile while checking us in. Never a "Welcome to Livingston" "enjoy your stay" "have a good/safe trip" and especially never a thank you from this person whether checking or out.

We make it to our room. Handicap set up meant a high toilet and bars in the shower. The first thing I noted was that the carpet did not appear to have been vacuumed. The next issue was the dark ring around the toilet bowl. Then I saw a similar colored dark ring around the base of the sink drain. At this point I took a wad of tissue and removed a glob of some thick, brown substance which encircled the drain. Two wipes removed most of the goo but a stain remained.

My wife tried to turn on lights. Two lamps did not work. She tried the television and the provided control did not function. We called the front desk. A person arrived who was clearly unhappy to have to mess with a tv. After fiddling with the controls on the side and rear of the set she got it working. She left without an apology much less a smile.

Unfortunately we had occasion to need this person's assistance again. My wife flushed a tissue down the brown ringed toilet. It almost over flowed then drained slowly to normal. The desk person brought up a plunger and attempted to use it with no success. She flushed it and the toilet then did overflow. At this point she announced that we would have to move to another room but none was available with handicap rails etc. I did not hear any apology. She was addressing my wife but I interjected stating that as long as the room was decently clean without stain rings in the toilet or brown nasty junk in the sink it would do. I already knew that local rooms were at a minimum due to a sports event in town. Otherwise, we would have left.
The next room was relatively clean, The carpet was scruffy but appeared to have been recently vacuumed. Only one lamp was unfunctional, wrapped plastic drinking cups AND a plastic bag came with the ice bucket. The original room had neither. The toilet did not have a brown ring and while the bathroom sink drained very slow. it appeared clean with no brown nasty goo.
Our window faced the back of the motel but we had to leave it shut due to the party noises coming from rear neighbors.

My wife had some upsetting and/or strange interactions with staff the next morning before check out. I won't say much other than to express my amazement that an establishment who provides a service to the public and whose lively hood depends on those customers could be so slovenly, unprofessional, unpleasant and dour. I am sure their behavior and attitude is a direct reflection of the lacking training they have received and the poor management which runs this establishment.
Do yourself a favor and skip this rundown, scruffy and poorly run motel.

The high point of our stay here was the elevator that functioned. Also, one suggestion is to provide rooms with more than one small garbage can and put bulbs in all the lamps.
Date of stay: September 2020
Room Tip: The elevator functioned. Loud parties behind the hotel are a regular happening so rooms facing...
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    $410
  • Trip.com
0.2 km from Yellowstone Pioneer Lodge
View more hotels in Livingston
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2020

We should have left when we were told at check in to park in the front because there may be vagrants in the back lot. In general the place was dirty and run down- ring around the bath tub, dirty carpets, couldn't see out the window because of large stain on it, cracked door frame between rooms. etc. Pool closed because heater not working. Decided to stay because we had prepaid and were past the cancellation - until the cigarette smoke started coming in through the front doors! Supposed to be non smoking! Front desk clerk offered to air out the hallway and spray febreeze, but we'd had enough and packed up and left. Front office clerk did refund our prepayment- only reason I gave it 1 star and not zero..

Reviewed 26 September 2020

Was excited to stay here for my upcoming elopement on 10/8.
However, they called today to cancel our reservation because they decided that a movie was more important than a likely repeat Montana customer.
I'll never book here again and I'll be telling my friends and family not to either.
Poor Montana business choice.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2020

It was difficult to tell which door was the lobby door. Once you figured it out The lobby and public areas were dirty, they hadn’t been cleaned for what appeared to be days or weeks. The front desk staff was rude, although after the amount of hours she was there for I could see why. Got to my room and the comforter on one of the beds had stains. We had to request a replacement, and when we asked were told the one in our room just had stains that couldn’t be removed. The AC didn’t work in the rooms and the sink didn’t drain and smelled when the water backed up.

I would highly recommend staying elsewhere if there is the option.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 September 2020

The building is rundown. The lobby and doors leading into facility were filthy! (Why did we stay? We we’re past our cancelation time and we couldn’t afford a $88 fee to cancel, so we dealt) the hallways were filthy, un-vacuumed floors, the room appeared cleaner, after further inspection, the bathroom shower tiles were molding, the bedding was questionable, stains, hair stuck in bedding (we hoped was pet hair and they have poor washers & dryers that cannot get the hairs out) paper scraps on the floor, that was not from us. All rooms are on 2nd & 3rd floors only. The place is renting by the week & by the months so I’ll assume they’re making money from folks “living there” there seems to be little pride in the caretakers managing this facility. There was trash bags full outside many rooms and near 5e ice machine shoved into a corner, that was there all night and at least until we left the next morning.
We we’re getting things ready to leave and I kicked an old weathered tennis ball out from underneath the corner of the bed... so that tells me they are not cleaning appropriately - this tennis ball was not clear under bed, it was on corner my foot bumped it out! If anyone had bothered with basic housekeeping this would have been discovered right away! The pictures they use in Google and Booking.com are of the facility, but, circa early 2000’s - it’s VERY run down, poor service and unkept rooms.
P.S. we are not opposed to older motels/hotels, husband and I enjoy road trips and have stayed at hundreds of motels, much older then this facility and much better kept up. We don’t need fancy, we need CLEAN! We don’t expect the Ritz at older places, but, we expect clean rooms.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PLACE GO ELSEWHERE AND OAY A FEW BUCKS MORE!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 21 September 2020

This motel was disgustingly dirty! The bed sheets hadn't been changed. The bed was broken down. The floors were filthy. The bathroom hadn't been scrubbed in quite some time. The TV didn't work. The pictures on the website were very misleading. The health department needs to shut this motel down!