“I wish we had one of these restaurants in our state”

Montana's Rib and Chop House
Ranked #3 of 63 Restaurants in Livingston
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Southwestern Montana, the Livingston location was the original Chop House that began May 22, 2001. In 2004 we relocated a few blocks down from the original location to an old railroad receiving warehouse just a few feet away from the main line of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad now known as Montana Rail Link. The food is fun, the service is great and you will leave knowing you did't just have dinner, but a dining experience.
Reviewed 21 September 2023

A lovely lunch with tremendous service. We have eaten at several of the locations in this Montana chain. This one was their first. We have always had a good time with really fine food and service in comfortable surroundings. My wife is on a tough diet so we asked our server if some of their ingredients on a dish could be replaced to customize it. No problem he said. Her salad came our perfect. I had the gumbo and a ceasar salad. Everything was perfect and very filling. They serve large portions. Service was excellent as we worked our way through a total of six glasses of iced tea. We floated out with smiles on our faces and full stomachs. They do it right here.

Date of visit: September 2023

Reviewed 10 September 2023 via mobile

It was wonderful. Dana provided wonderful service at the bar. We had ribs and spicy shrimp. I had a blue martini and it was delicious.

Date of visit: September 2023
Reviewed 19 August 2023

My wife is a classic meat eater, and to go to Montana and not have a steak was a sacrilegious topic. (we were given a choice and chose the bar). We talked to 4 different staff members, and they were all helpful and friendly. My wife ordered the Ribeye steak (it was a higher price than we were anticipating, but it was well worth it. Our meals, from salads through the main course, were all outstanding. I would recommend a visit to anyone interested in a memorable experience.

Date of visit: August 2023
Reviewed 31 July 2023

This was the second time I've been to Montana's Rib and Chophouse. Both experiences were excellent from the food to the service. This is a "nice" restaurant but it has prices that usually come with "nice" restaurants so be prepared. Now, having said that, they do use paper for the tablecloths and the servers write their names on the paper upside down and backwards so you remember their names. It's kind of one of their things but if you think it's easy, give it a try. It takes practice.
This time, several of us had the ribs. I like ribs but I usually find something else on a menu that I like more so I rarely get them when I'm out but this time the mood struck me. They were very tender and tasted great. Everyone that had them agreed that they were excellent. The salads were cold and fresh. Others had steaks, salmon and even fried shrimp. Everyone liked their choices. They have all the standard side and some out of the ordinary ones too. I had the squash casserole. The person next to me had the carrot souffle (and I got to try it) and both were very good. The baked potatoes were large and loaded.
This is a great place for a special occasion whether it's with family, romantic, a business meeting or a celebration. The sound level is such that you can actually carry on a conversation with the whole table and not have to shout to be heard. And the service is as good as the food.

Date of visit: June 2023
Reviewed 19 July 2023

Great service, awesome menu and delicious dinner! We were asked if it was a special event, which it was, and we were given a superb dessert "on the house". 5 stars and more!

Date of visit: June 2023