“Friendly and good service”

Montana's Rib and Chop House
Ranked #3 of 63 Restaurants in Livingston
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Southwestern Montana, the Livingston location was the original Chop House that began May 22, 2001. In 2004 we relocated a few blocks down from the original location to an old railroad receiving warehouse just a few feet away from the main line of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad now known as Montana Rail Link. The food is fun, the service is great and you will leave knowing you did't just have dinner, but a dining experience.
Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

One of the places in town that serves steak. We waited about 15 min. Because there were several prom parties but not bad. Our server was super friendly and attended us immediately. I ordered the Pork chop and it came with a high Idaho baked potato that was really big and yummy. Had to return the chop a little to blackened for me taste but otherwise cooked perfectly. Ended up having the 1lb baby back ribs like my son and they were very good. Thumbs up for the service and friendly staff!

Date of visit: May 2021

Reviewed 12 May 2021

Would not recommend this place. The service was terrible as the staff complained to us about being tired and overworked. We ordered take out. Arrived to pick up our food but even though it was ready when we arrived, we had to wait another 15' to pick up our food because the service person was talking on his personal cell phone. Once we made it back to our hotel to eat, we noticed the food was not hot - not even warm. I ordered the lamp chops - worst I've ever had. I also ordered sautéed spinach - very small serving and the worst I've ever had (it was like they used a whole bottle of salt on the spinach - it was inedible). If we were not so tired, we would have driven back and demanded our money back. I would never eat here again and CAN NOT recommend it to anyone unless they like cold food and heavily salted foods.

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank O M
Reviewed 3 May 2021

This was my first indoor dining experience in a while and it was sensational! I was determined to go big and not go home. I started with the Boudin Balls; a mixture of Cajun spices and pork, and fried and served with a perfectly crafted mustard remoulade sauce. This was followed by a cup of gumbo. My entree was a full rack of their Fulton Street ribs which fell off the bone and were served with baked beans. I finished it all off with the Pecan Meltaway a combination of chocolate, vanilla ice cream, pecans and chocolate syrup. The friendly and professional service provided by Gabby and Ryan, and the extremely reasonable prices, made this a perfect dining experience.

Reviewed 24 April 2021 via mobile

Great service but most of all the BEST pork chop I’ve ever had!!! Wow, you don’t want to miss this delicious choice!

Reviewed 9 April 2021

We were seated immediately but didn’t have anyone come to our table with water or menus for a good 15 minutes, it was like we were invisible.

Once we got our menus and ordered water to drink it was another 10 minutes before it came. After the waitress finally took our order, 15 minutes later again, the food came out very timely.

I ordered the crab, shrimp and Avacodo salad, the salad was dry and the crab was tasteless. Once a got the waitresses attention again I asked for some balsamic or raspberry vinergerette dressing she brought me citrus dressing that had no flavor after waiting another 12 minutes to continue my dinner.

Over all the service was very poor and I definitely wouldn’t suggest the salad.

1  Thank Rowdie22