“Yummy!”

Montana's Rib and Chop House
Ranked #3 of 63 Restaurants in Livingston
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Southwestern Montana, the Livingston location was the original Chop House that began May 22, 2001. In 2004 we relocated a few blocks down from the original location to an old railroad receiving warehouse just a few feet away from the main line of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad now known as Montana Rail Link. The food is fun, the service is great and you will leave knowing you did't just have dinner, but a dining experience.
Reviewed 24 April 2021 via mobile

Great service but most of all the BEST pork chop I’ve ever had!!! Wow, you don’t want to miss this delicious choice!

Date of visit: April 2021

Reviewed 9 April 2021

We were seated immediately but didn’t have anyone come to our table with water or menus for a good 15 minutes, it was like we were invisible.

Once we got our menus and ordered water to drink it was another 10 minutes before it came. After the waitress finally took our order, 15 minutes later again, the food came out very timely.

I ordered the crab, shrimp and Avacodo salad, the salad was dry and the crab was tasteless. Once a got the waitresses attention again I asked for some balsamic or raspberry vinergerette dressing she brought me citrus dressing that had no flavor after waiting another 12 minutes to continue my dinner.

Over all the service was very poor and I definitely wouldn’t suggest the salad.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank Rowdie22
Reviewed 26 February 2021

We were happy with everything from the starters to the bar and entree's. Service was great and we would only eat here for steak on our next trip out to Montana.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank ajs003
Reviewed 15 November 2020

Broke my Hip, Entrance to Yellowstone, spent 6 days in Bozeman MT. Hospital. The following is My Husband's Review. : Our son came out from Tennessee to be with his Mother. We were going to a Restaurant Downtown, but could not find a parking spot. We passed Montana's Rib and decided to eat there, what a great decision this turned out to be. The Parking Lot was full, but we did not have to wait to be seated. Service was quick by a very friendly Waiter. I had Chicken Fried Chicken, which was the best I had ever had anywhere. Highly Recommend.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank webbfoot
Reviewed 10 November 2020 via mobile

Stopped by after a day visit to Yellowstone. Visiting on a long weekend to see our son and wanted a nice steak dinner. The staff was more concerned with up charging then providing service. Ordered filet medium rare and it was medium well. They immediately took it back and we never got a new filet. Staff never once checked on us, not until I called the restaurant from our table to connect me to the kitchen. I told the staff my sauté spinach was less than sautéed...more like out of the bag on to the griddle for 5 seconds and off again.(see pic) and got no response. Not until we were leaving and I explained to waiter why his tip was only 15% did management come by. Wanted to comp our dinner but we were not there for a free dinner we wanted a nice family meal with our MSU graduate student after not seeing him for several months. Totally ruined our evening...Perhaps a one off.

Date of visit: November 2020