“Nice meal ”

Montana's Rib and Chop House
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Livingston
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Southwestern Montana, the Livingston location was the original Chop House that began May 22, 2001. In 2004 we relocated a few blocks down from the original location to an old railroad receiving warehouse just a few feet away from the main line of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad now known as Montana Rail Link. The food is fun, the service is great and you will leave knowing you did't just have dinner, but a dining experience.
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a nice dinner here after a long day checking out Beartooth Highway. Waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. My ribeye was cooked perfectly and everyone’s meal was very enjoyable. The Baked potato was bigger than my hand! Would eat here again!

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Rib and Chop House had a good menu and now they changed it to a summer menu with hardly anything to choose from.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

People very friendly. Choices excellent. Food prepared well. And service was very good to boot. If ever coming back to Livingston, this would be my first stop for dinner!

Reviewed 14 July 2018

The restaurant was busy and took 25 minutes to be seated. Steaks were ordered. Both steaks arrived slightly over-cooked, but were juicy (not dried out). We asked for med-rare ribeye and received med-well (not even pink). We asked for med Manhattan strip (pink) and received well. After the wait to be seated and waiting 30 minutes for the food, we didn't want to ask for new steaks to be cooked. Would we return - maybe, but we will return the over-cooked steaks if it were to happen again. The pricing was a little high at $32 for 16 oz ribeye and $22 10 oz Manhattan strip. When we received our salads, we had to ask for silverware and glasses of water. Probably due to a very busy night. For a specialty steakhouse, I would have expected a little better service.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

One of the reasons for this trip was to visit a fellow chef in Livingston. Since we had been on the road since morning, lunch was overdue. Based on reviews I chose to come to this place.

Our lunch order consisted of 1lb (12 bones) barbecued babyback ribs for me with a bowl of gumbo and side of baked beans. My wife ordered barbecued shrimp over garlic mashed potatoes and salad with blue cheese dressing.

That dressing was definitely homemade. It tasted mostly of mayo. The shrimp, 8 of them, were about 21-25s, meaning, they were fairly good sized. Having tried a few shrimp, I can attest to their flavor as well as them being properly cooked. Her garlic mashed potatoes seemed to have onion in them. Since she's allergic to onions it wasn't worth finding out the hard way.

As for my ribs, I had asked for light sauce on them when they went on the grill. If they were "light" I'd had to see what regular or heavy might have been.

As for the ditzy server, she had problems finding the barbecued shrimp on the POS, spilled part of my wife's salad at delivery and brought the wrong beer to a nearby customer. Sure, I'm well aware that "sh*t happens" but all that transpired within 15 minutes. Imagine what she'd be capable of during a 6-hour shift!