“Good Vibe and Good Food!”

Montana's Rib and Chop House
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Livingston
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Southwestern Montana, the Livingston location was the original Chop House that began May 22, 2001. In 2004 we relocated a few blocks down from the original location to an old railroad receiving warehouse just a few feet away from the main line of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad now known as Montana Rail Link. The food is fun, the service is great and you will leave knowing you did't just have dinner, but a dining experience.
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Friendly reception at this obviously popular local steakhouse. We enjoyed a drink at the bar waiting for our table. The shrimp salad was delicious and we couldn't go past the Ribs- full of flavour and the loaded Idaho was a perfect match.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We didn't have reservations for Mother's Day, yet they got us in. They were super busy, but our food was delivered on time and very tasty.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Whether you want a juicy burger that tastes like it just came off the back yard grill or one of their signature steaks, you will be satisfied with their prices, service, and the food. Always a hub of activity, this restaurant has a high table turnover and lively atmosphere. The salmon, chicken, ribs, lunches, and salads are also great. So are the desserts. I like the Chop House salad with beef, grilled onions, bacon, balsamic sauce over a Caesar salad. Make reservations. Dinner for 2 without alcohol is around $30-50.00.

1  Thank Jon Ellen S
Reviewed 18 May 2017

It's the steaks that's why you are here. There is a lot of variety on the menu like ribs, steaks and seafood. Don't miss the chicken gumbo soup! What a wonderful surprise!

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Why is it best to go alone for the All You Can Eat Snow Crab or drive in separate vehicles? Because you'll want all the time in the world to get your fill of these delicacies that have travelled a long long journey to your plate. My dinner date was done way before the 2nd crustacean arrived and I knew time was running out before hearing those dreaded words: Are you done yet? No, I wasn't. But yes, I'll be back for more. Why only 4 stars? Because I've experienced 5 star service from California Steak and Seafood eateries. Rib & Chop did their best. Some questions I asked myself during and after the meal: 1) Why did they turn the lights down? I can barely see what I'm eating. 2) Where's the crab shell nut cracker? 3) Where's the crab fork? 4) Why is the crab butter starting to harden? Candle went out. 5) Where did the waitress disappear to? I need more butter. 5) Where are the hand wipes? 6) Where's the lemon and hot towel? Oh well, this is Montana. Did I already say that I'll be back for more? Of course I did.

Date of visit: April 2017