“Next to the Railroad”

Northern Pacific Beanery
Ranked #7 of 63 Restaurants in Livingston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Joe and Phalle Colvin are BACK!! The Northern Pacific Beanery is under NEW ownership! The NP Beanery is proudly located in the heart of Downtown Livingston! Apart of the beautiful Depot Center, the Beanery has been serving this community food since 1902! We are happy to serve you breakfast and lunch, Wednesday through Sunday, 7am-3pm! You will find some old favorites like the Pork Noodles on the lunch menu, and breakfast classics like our house cubed and breaded Chicken Fried Steaks!! We make our own buttermilk pancake batter, serving up fresh and fluffy hot cakes by the stack! Let's not forget dessert!! Our HOMEMADE CREAM & FRUIT PIES!! You will always find Phalle's Coconut, Banana, and Chocolate Cream Pies decorating our pie case! We also proudly serve Wilcoxsin's delicious ice cream! Moosetracks, Huckleberry, Vanilla, & Chocolate! Yum!! We look forward to serving our community we love and all of those who travel through to enjoy our beautiful Big Sky Country!!
Reviewed 9 July 2023

The restaurant is located in the old Northern Pacific Railroad train station. It is right next to the tracks.

We stopped for breakfast. I had the Travelers Breakfast. Pancakes and eggs. It was very good. The staff were quick, friendly and efficient. It took a bit for our food to come out but it was worth the wait.

I would stop in again if I am ever in the area.

Date of visit: June 2023

Reviewed 6 March 2023 via mobile

We stopped for brunch on a Sunday. I had a cheese omelette and my husband had a patty melt. It was ok food but a bit expensive for what we had. The inside of the restaurant was rundown. Service was friendly and good, but we probably won’t go back.

Date of visit: March 2023
Reviewed 15 September 2022

We had delicious breakfasts there a couple of times. Lots of french toast with huckleberry syrup and sausage biscuits. Yum.

Date of visit: September 2022
Reviewed 15 May 2022

The NP Beanery is located at the 1902 historic railroad station downtown and retains the vibes more than a century of use. And it is filled with romantic advertising images of Montana from the golden age of rail travel.

The food is just what you expect. Classic American breakfast dishes including omelets, pancakes, hashbrowns, chicken fried steak covered in gravy, chicken fried chicken on a biscuit, et cetera. The coffee is average.

The waitstaff are on-the-ball and efficient.

They use Sysco portion-controlled products in the kitchen here so don't expect innovation here. But they sure make great crispy hashbrowns,

Date of visit: May 2022
1  Thank DoctorM
Reviewed 4 May 2022

I stayed at a local Airbnb and drove into downtown Livingston looking for a place to eat breakfast. At first I drove by but then I doubled back. I had one of their breakfast sandwiches plus some hash browns. The food and service was great; I was so impressed that I came back the same day for lunch.

Date of visit: April 2022