Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the river back porch on site restaurant fire pit toaster oven horseback riding included breakfast comfortable room pine creek deck cabin mountains miles danielle grill yellowstone homemade
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 September 2020

My wife and I stayed 3 nights in Unit 12 the last week of August. Everyone from the front desk, restaurant and housekeeping went out of their way to make us feel comfortable during our stay. The check-in was quick, and then my wife and I were on our way to Unit 12. From a distance, Unit 12 gave us good vibes with a long, well-maintained ramp. Unfortunately, as soon as my wife in her power wheelchair made contact with the large peat rock the difficulties began. My wife's wheelchair got stuck in the peat rock, and I pushed her to the nearby lawn. My wife crossed the grassy lawn and then made it to the warn-down rocky ground in front of the ramp. There has been so much neglected care in front of the ramp that it created a significant step for my wife's wheelchair. I was forced to lift the front end of her wheelchair onto the ramp. At this point, we were nervous - what will we find now that we're on top of the ramp facing Unit 12's door for a possible lack of handicap accessibility inside the room. Fortunately, as soon as we entered the room, we had a Booking.Yeah moment - wow, look at this amazing unit!! Amazing decorations, beautiful kitchen, modern furniture - absolutely perfect! The kitchen table was a bit close to a nearby wall, so I had to move chairs around for my wife to fit through the space towards the bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom was perfect though - nicest and most handicap-accessible bathroom on our trip. The only drawback of the bathroom was the pedestal sink. The only place my wife had to put her cosmetics was either on her legs or on the nearby toilet. Be nice if the bathroom had a shelf or small table next to the sink. Our stay was amazing though - loved our deck overlooking the Yellowstone River, enjoyed the peace and quiet and can't say enough about the on-site restaurant! I wish the restaurant delivered breakfast burritos to Minnesota :)!! I highly recommend Yellowstone Valley Lodge. Our only request is that management paves a sidewalk to the ramp. We realize concrete takes away from a natural look with peat rock, but concrete will serve wheelchairs and the stability of elderly with walkers much better.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank MikeO915
Danielle and Kevin Otero, General Manager at Yellowstone Valley Lodge, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2020

Thank you for your feedback, especially regarding the accessibility of the handicap cabin. We are always looking for ways to improve and we will certainly use your experience and information you provided to better our handicap cabin! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 September 2020 via mobile

We rented on of the deluxe cabins. Because it was during COVID the restaurant wasn’t open however we could order from the menu and pick it up to eat in our cabin. The food was excellent! The views were amazing all of the cabins face the Yellowstone River.
I didn’t care for the beds (too hard) but the cabin itself was comfortable and smelled and looked very clean.
We would stay here again! Staff was very nice! They also welcomed our small dogs.

Again... amazing food. Make sure to make dinner reservations when you book your room. It is a very popular place to eat in the area.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one. :)

Reviewed 27 August 2020

We spent the day in Yellowstone and arrived too early to check in at the Yellowstone Valley Inn... yet they checked us in and welcomed us to our room.... lovely 3 + star accommodations, and walking out to our patio/ deck brought us the reason for spending time here....Stunning views of the river and a peaceful resting spot! Loved this view. Due to COVID, dinner was ordered picked up and enjoyed in our room. The duck was perfectly cooked and our meal was delicious all through.... we only wish the dining room could have been allowed to open to see the presentation that might have been possible. The chef here is very special... I read the complaints.... we have none... we received more than expected and totally enjoyed this unique stay on Yellowstone River...

Date of stay: August 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Danielle and Kevin Otero, General Manager at Yellowstone Valley Lodge, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and your meal! We certainly appreciate your understanding during this pandemic and we hope next time you visit we will have full dine in service at our restaurant!

Reviewed 8 August 2020

We stayed at the Lodge for 2 nights the end of July. We had been so looking forward to our stay, but were very disappointed in the room. Our room was dark and needed some tender loving care. Paint chipping off wall. Very heavy drapes, which I do not think are wise to have with Covid. Our air conditioner struggled, but never made room comfortable. View was beautiful. Breakfast was very disappointing. I know with Covid, it is different now. However, giving just one choice out of 4 items, one being Cheerios, is a little ridiculous. Could have juice or fruit with item. Food from Yellowstone Valley Lodge was takeout now, but very tasty. For the cost of the room, we will not be staying there again.

Date of stay: July 2020
Samantha Johnson, General Manager at Yellowstone Valley Lodge, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2020

On behalf of our entire team, we would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

YVL Management

Reviewed 27 June 2020 via mobile

My hubby and I stumbled upon this gem of a restaurant. We got super lucky that they had a last minute opening for dinner, typically you need reservations and I understand why! Everything about our experience here was perfect. We had the Tuna Poke appetizer, bison tenderloin and pork tenderloin and creme brulee which were made to perfection and delicious. It is a romantic spot and a lovely backdrop of the mountains to top off the entire experience. We will absolutely be back and highly recommend Yellowstone Valley Lodge for dinner.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 411jodir
YVLodge, General Manager at Yellowstone Valley Lodge, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2020

Thank you so much for such positive feedback! We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon!