Lowest prices for your stay
Choice Privileges member rate available
Jodi R
Raleigh, North Carolina
Beautiful View, Deliciousness, & Lovely Service
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Jun 2020via mobile
My hubby and I stumbled upon this gem of a restaurant. We got super lucky that they had a last minute opening for dinner, typically you need reservations and I understand why! Everything about our experience here was perfect. We had the Tuna Poke appetizer, bison tenderloin and pork tenderloin and creme brulee which were made to perfection and delicious. It is a romantic spot and a lovely backdrop of the mountains to top off the entire experience. We will absolutely be back and highly recommend Yellowstone Valley Lodge for dinner.
Date of stay: June 2020Trip type: Travelled as a couple
  • eDreams
  • Agoda.com
23.5 km from Yellowstone Valley Lodge, Ascend Hotel Collection
View more hotels in Livingston
All reviews the river back porch on site restaurant fire pit toaster oven horseback riding included breakfast comfortable room pine creek deck cabin mountains miles danielle grill yellowstone homemade
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2019 via mobile

My experience at Yellowstone Valley Lodge was underwhelming and disappointing. For years I had heard about this comfortable resort with great food and decided to give it a try. When I made the reservation I asked about making a reservation for the dining room and was told it wasn’t necessary for guests to make a reservation simply tell them what time I wanted to dine and guests would be accommodated. I told the reservationist to make a note for a 7 pm dinner reservation just in case. At check in I asked about a dinner reservation and was told that they had been booked up for weeks and other restaurants in Livingston’s were suggested. I asked about breakfast the following morning and was told there would be a full breakfast with made to order eggs not a “continental breakfast”. The next morning when we arrived for breakfast there was a warming tray with oldish French toast and a few sausage links. When asked about eggs I was told that they didn’t have any that day. They also ran out of coffee. Near the end of my lackluster meal the server announced to the dining room that breakfast was over and they were removing the food and please bus your own tables. The dining room itself sits beneath the building and has the charm of a basement with poor decor and little light.

The cabins were adequate but dated. The views were nice. Nothing special about YVL other than the views and proximity to the Yellowstone River and Yellowstone National Park.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
YVLodge, General Manager at Yellowstone Valley Lodge, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2019

We are very sorry to hear about your experience during your recent visit with us and we apologize for any miscommunications regarding reservations for the dinning room during your stay. We will use your feedback to review those procedures with our staff to avoid any issues in the future. We sincerely appreciate your business and we hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Danielle and Kevin Otero
General Managers

Reviewed 9 September 2019 via mobile

Another perfect stay ay YVL. Before I write about the lodge, I must stress YVGrill is not part of the lodge. You MUST MAKE YOUR DINNER RESERVATION AT YELLOWSTONE VALLEY GRILL WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR LODGE RESERVATION!! I was in the lodge office twice hearing people wanted to stay AND eat at YVG. The Grill was booked solid. Dinner reservations are a must for one of the best restaurants in the country. We arrived 2 days before starting to fish, to relax and spend some time walking the trails around YVL. Joining Lauren, the new onsite managers Danielle and Kevin are wonderful. They are working hard to make improvements every day. The view from our cozy cabin never gets old. The room was clean and freshly painted. We always book cozy cabin 5, closer to the river sounds. We sleep with the sliding door open to let the river sing us to sleep. We come to fish, and usually wake before the sun, but the curtains do a good job of blocking out the light. Housekeeping took care of all my requests and made things very comfortable. Breakfast is included in your stay (again, not dinner. Make your dinner reservation at the Grill when you make your lodge reservation) Alisha and Carla really knows how to fill your tummy before a long day of fishing. So many freshly made baked goods to choose from and usually an egg special with bacon or sausage. Always juices, yogurt and fresh fruit too. If you fly fish or would like to try it, get in touch with Eric Adams of Montana Fly Fishing Guides LLC. Eric’s guides are top notch and there is a guide for every level of experience. Before I wrote this I looked back at all my reviews and realized we’ve been coming to YVL for 15 years. We’ve seen owners change. We’ve met many managers. There have been upgrades, WiFi and TVs in the rooms. Hubby used to have to go to the Cutthroat Lounge to see sports on the tv there. The lounge also has a microwave for heating up your leftovers from YVG, but more on the Grill later. The one thing that never changes is the view. We were fortunate to be able to host my brother and sister in law for a night at the lodge in the middle of their cross country RV trip. They walked into their cozy cabin room and directly out onto the patio to see the view. They worked out their trip to be here for hubby’s birthday, and dinner at the Grill. Now they understand why we have raved about YVL and for 15 years. Danielle and Kevin have plans to keep making improvements to the cabins, and things can only get better. Yes, we are booked for next year. Read my review of the Yellowstone Valley Grill.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Betsy M
Reviewed 5 August 2019

The BEST dinner we have had in awhile. The Elk special and my husbands ribeye were cooked to perfection. We enjoyed a glass of wine by the river before dinner and enjoyed an amazing wine selection with our meals. Service was perfect in every way. We wouldn’t change a thing.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2019

This was our second time staying at Yellowstone Valley lodge an again a wonderful experience. The cabins are cozy and decorated to the theme of the area. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the breakfast is wonderful they will cook to order what you want or they have a selection that is irresistable. I would highly recommend this stay the Yellowstone River runs by the lodge with a deck and chairs to sit relax and enjoy your favorite beverage.

Room tip: All rooms are delightful
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank diamondlvr7851
Reviewed 23 June 2019

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, from the friendly and inviting staff at check-in to the AMAZING complimentary breakfast prepared by Alisha each morning. We reserved a 2 BR suite and had plenty of room traveling as a family of 4. The porch offered spectacular views of the Yellowstone River and snow-capped mountains..I 'might' have shed a tear when I first stepped out..lol Wish we could have stayed longer!

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank mrstrish99
YVLodge, General Manager at Yellowstone Valley Lodge, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2019

Mrs. Trish,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we also wish you could have stayed with us longer! We hope to see you again in the future!