“Sunday Family Lunch”

Neptunes Taphouse and Eatery
Ranked #13 of 63 Restaurants in Livingston
Description: We wanted to stand out and bring something incredible to our community. We brought in what we like to call "Surf Style Sushi" and paired it alongside burgers and fish fry. We have created a new, comfortable place where you can focus on the food and drink experience for our locals and tourists who love our quirky mountain town.
Reviewed 26 April 2021 via mobile

Enjoyed Sunday lunch with the family. Dishes ordered included fish and chips, burgers and sushi. All were excellent. Service was a little slow but in their defense the place was crowded.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank pop-grannie

Reviewed 18 September 2020 via mobile

Our server was very nice, the drinks came out relatively fast...so far so good. We ordered 4 sushi rolls to share and were told they'd be out in 10 minutes. I was skeptical about that estimate but gave it the benefit of the doubt. 45 minutes later and still nothing other than at one point being told our food would be out soon. Took the better part of an hour. I understand that if you don't order any apps that you're kind of setting yourself up to wait but an hour for 4 rolls is pretty absurd. Luckily they were pretty good.

2  Thank LaurenEA91
laurens215, Owner at Neptunes Taphouse and Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2020

Hi Lauren,

I'm sorry you had to wait almost an hour for your dinner. This isn't what we strive for and trust me our staff is sorry too. We've had a very hard time since Covid after losing almost 50% of our kitchen staff. We have had to hire brand new inexperienced people and train them. Due to the caliber of our menu this takes time to get them up to "speed". We know this is difficult for guests to understand because we are all used to dining out at restaurants that are fully staffed and fully trained. Covid has affected local businesses in a myriad of ways and our increased ticket times is only one of those ways. This is something we are working on improving and doing the best we can. Even just a month after this review, we have improved significantly. I try to remind all of our guests (and myself) that during a pandemic the effects are further reaching than you can imagine, it's not over and we are still struggling to recover. Expectations need to be adjusted accordingly. Leaving negative reviews during this time is simply unfair and detrimental to small businesses who are just trying to stay a float and serve our town.

Reviewed 15 September 2020 via mobile

Great burgers, great sushi and great IPAs. Service was excellent. We had an overall great experience.

Reviewed 13 September 2020

This evening I asked our ripped-jeans/tie-dyed t-shirt wearing server if you still offer Bozone Amber Ale - he told me he doesn't drink beer and had no idea. I told him I always get it in a can and asked if you still serve it. He replied, "I was just telling those other people I don't drink beer so I have no idea what we have." I then went up to the bar to ask the bartender, she also didn't know the answer to my question. HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO KNOW WHAT BEERS YOU SERVE?! I am a local and will never EVER eat or drink at your restaurant again.

1  Thank audreymiller1980

Hi Audrey, I'm sorry you had this experience. I am confused by this review as we have all of our beers printed on our drink menu as well as on a large digital screen posted above the bar. We also have never served beers in cans inside the restaurant with the only exception of on our roof top bar last summer (it wasn't open this year). We also only have two male servers and neither of them would wear this type of outfit, while I would allow it because I'm a fan of personal expression, it's just not either of their styles... I'm honestly not sure how this happened and I am wondering if you left the review on the correct restaurant? ... but I will certainly look into our server knowledge and bartender knowledge.

Reviewed 25 August 2020

We tried the local brews, and I enjoyed the honey one (forget the name). I did have the shrimp tempura and the Popper (smoked salmon with cream cheese and jalapeno) sushi rolls. They were VERY good. I was highly impressed!
Would recommend!!