“Great burgers, great sushi”

Neptunes Taphouse and Eatery
Ranked #13 of 63 Restaurants in Livingston
Description: We wanted to stand out and bring something incredible to our community. We brought in what we like to call "Surf Style Sushi" and paired it alongside burgers and fish fry. We have created a new, comfortable place where you can focus on the food and drink experience for our locals and tourists who love our quirky mountain town.
Reviewed 15 September 2020 via mobile

Great burgers, great sushi and great IPAs. Service was excellent. We had an overall great experience.

Date of visit: September 2020

Reviewed 13 September 2020

This evening I asked our ripped-jeans/tie-dyed t-shirt wearing server if you still offer Bozone Amber Ale - he told me he doesn't drink beer and had no idea. I told him I always get it in a can and asked if you still serve it. He replied, "I was just telling those other people I don't drink beer so I have no idea what we have." I then went up to the bar to ask the bartender, she also didn't know the answer to my question. HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO KNOW WHAT BEERS YOU SERVE?! I am a local and will never EVER eat or drink at your restaurant again.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank audreymiller1980
laurens215, Owner at Neptunes Taphouse and Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2020

Hi Audrey, I'm sorry you had this experience. I am confused by this review as we have all of our beers printed on our drink menu as well as on a large digital screen posted above the bar. We also have never served beers in cans inside the restaurant with the only exception of on our roof top bar last summer (it wasn't open this year). We also only have two male servers and neither of them would wear this type of outfit, while I would allow it because I'm a fan of personal expression, it's just not either of their styles... I'm honestly not sure how this happened and I am wondering if you left the review on the correct restaurant? ... but I will certainly look into our server knowledge and bartender knowledge.

Reviewed 25 August 2020

We tried the local brews, and I enjoyed the honey one (forget the name). I did have the shrimp tempura and the Popper (smoked salmon with cream cheese and jalapeno) sushi rolls. They were VERY good. I was highly impressed!
Would recommend!!

Reviewed 23 August 2020 via mobile

Absolutely loved this place! Once inside, you would never believe that you aren’t in a little coastal town somewhere tropical. Fabulous atmosphere, exceptional service, and the food was amazing. My son even insisted on ordering the sirloin special (which we thought might not be great in a sushi type restaurant) but, we were so wrong! It was tender and juicy and the Brussels were the best I have ever tasted! Don’t change a thing Neptune’s! We live in Billings and will definitely be back!!!

Reviewed 21 August 2020

Good place for seafood, local craft beer, and a variety of saki. A couple blocks from midtown, so easier parking.

2  Thank Dennis L