Review Highlights
Incredible Experience!!!!

Brogan, Wanted to touch base about my recent trip. I did a walk/wade with Buddy on 7/7. Wow... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Peter B
Great experience

Had a great time on the river and loved our guides. Highly recommend. Our guides were nice guys who... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
185AndreaK
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews fishing trip trout caught fish yellowstone river next year great fishing great teacher these guys within minutes couldn t biggest fish beautiful fish fly fishers drift boat fishing conditions patient teacher yankee jim canyon
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2024

Yellowstone River Outfitters is a top notch group. I was arranging two days of fishing with different groups over a 5-day trip to Montana/Yellowstone. Brogan listened to every detail and arranged the trip without a hiccup. We fished both a private creek in Montana and opening day on the Firehole River in Yellowstone. Scott was our guide on both days and he was the perfect guide for us providing a great overall experience. He was very patient and flexible. Not only did he know the best fishing spots based on current conditions, he was able to balance the different fly fishing experience between members of our group. I will without hesitation reach out to Brogan and Scott the next time I'm in or around Yellowstone.

Date of experience: May 2024
Reviewed 12 December 2023

My husband and I took a hike-in guided fly fishing trip while on vacation in Yellowstone with David. It was by far our favorite excursion the whole trip! Our guide tailored the trip to our wants and needs perfectly. We enjoyed a beautiful 2 mile hike in to a great fishing spot and saw lots of wildlife along the way. After getting to the Yellowstone River, David gave us a quick tutorial based on our previous knowledge. We caught a beautiful cutthroat trout on the very first cast. We spent a gorgeous day on the river, having both been well attended to. Lunch was provided for us, and our guide got us out just in time for an afternoon shower to roll through. We each caught about 12 trout that day, and David was more than willing to help snap pictures along the way so we could remember this fantastic trip. Would most definitely recommend (the company) to any and all interested in fly fishing while in Yellowstone.

Date of experience: July 2023
Reviewed 8 December 2023

Another amazing trip with Yellowstone River Outfitters. All the guides are great and know all the secret spots. And we liked Nolan's rod so much that we bought one just like it the next day.

Date of experience: December 2023
Reviewed 13 October 2023 via mobile

Our guide, Buddy was phenomenal! Had a spectacular time gliding on the Yellowstone River on such a glorious day. My husband thoroughly enjoyed himself and has already been looking at Fly rods.

I think I even heard him mumble “mend right” while he was sleeping the other night. 🤭😉😏

Thank you for the memorable experience.

Date of experience: September 2023
Reviewed 24 September 2023

My wife and I floated the Yellowstone River below Gardiner, MT with our awesome guide Scott. What a great and pleasant guy! Scott was so helpful throughout the day. While my wife enjoyed the beautiful scenery, Scott guided the raft perfectly down the river with great expertise. He changed up my rig whenever necessary all day long. He knew where the fish would be and guided me to hit those sweet spots. He put me onto my first ever, one of many, gorgeous West Slope Cutthroat Trout plus Browns, Rainbows and White fish. All in all, it was an awesome and very memorable day. Scott was so cool, calm and collected. It was a day we'll never forget and a highlight of our trip. Thank you Scott. We appreciate you. We will definitely float with Yellowstone River Outfitters again.

Date of experience: September 2023