Review Highlights
Perfect experience on the gibbon with Buddy!

We had an incredible time on the Gibbon with Buddy! My wife and I I caught our first freshwater... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Brian S
Epic Fishing in Montana and Yellowstone

Yellowstone River Outfitters is a top notch group. I was arranging two days of fishing with... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Road47824559576
Burlingame, California

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews fishing trip trout caught fish yellowstone river next year great fishing great teacher these guys within minutes couldn t biggest fish beautiful fish fly fishers drift boat fishing conditions patient teacher yankee jim canyon
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2023 via mobile

Our guide, Buddy was phenomenal! Had a spectacular time gliding on the Yellowstone River on such a glorious day. My husband thoroughly enjoyed himself and has already been looking at Fly rods.

I think I even heard him mumble “mend right” while he was sleeping the other night. 🤭😉😏

Thank you for the memorable experience.

Reviewed 24 September 2023

My wife and I floated the Yellowstone River below Gardiner, MT with our awesome guide Scott. What a great and pleasant guy! Scott was so helpful throughout the day. While my wife enjoyed the beautiful scenery, Scott guided the raft perfectly down the river with great expertise. He changed up my rig whenever necessary all day long. He knew where the fish would be and guided me to hit those sweet spots. He put me onto my first ever, one of many, gorgeous West Slope Cutthroat Trout plus Browns, Rainbows and White fish. All in all, it was an awesome and very memorable day. Scott was so cool, calm and collected. It was a day we'll never forget and a highlight of our trip. Thank you Scott. We appreciate you. We will definitely float with Yellowstone River Outfitters again.

1  Thank 418joelr
Reviewed 6 September 2023

Wow! The best service and guides we've experienced in 30 years of fly fishing. First off, Brogan made himself available several times to talk on the phone in great detail about the options for float and wade experiences for us the two days we booked with them; he also made it clear that while they can make recommendations, it's up to us to decide what we want to do. Meanwhile, we took their recommendations (1 day floating the Yellowstone in all its glory, and 1 day wading Slough Creek in the stunningly beautiful Park). We had the two best days of fly fishing EVER! Tim and Mr. Sheeran, our two guides for those days, were not only great at gently telling/teaching us exactly how to catch the fish, which we did by the way, but were also just like fishing with two old buddies who happen to be experts. So, not only will we use them again every time we're out there, but we miss them already! If you get a chance to book with this outfitter, you should! Can't wait until next time! Thanks everyone at YRO! Russ and Dave

Date of experience: August 2023
Reviewed 6 September 2023

Such a fun, incredible day! I was hesitant about going on a guided trip because I am a beginner, and I always assumed guided trips are for more experienced people. The trip was so worth it. Buddy gave me enough confidence to feel comfortable enough to fish on my own. He is such a fantastic teacher, I cannot thank him enough!

Reviewed 1 September 2023

Brogan set us up with a wonderful trip and made it so easy. David, our guide, taught me more than anyone else. He is a master at teaching the art of fly fishing. Would definitely recommend him!

Date of experience: August 2023