Hotels.com
Lol.travel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2021 via mobile

We stayed at the Ranch 2 weeks ago, rented 2 properties. Absolutely beautiful landscaping. Serene. Deer, cows, horses and fox seen every day. The houses were perfect size for our family. Some things to note for future travelers: I tried reaching the office during our stay regarding horsebackriding and guided hikes (5 times over 4 days), NEVER to receive a phone call/email back, the houses did not appear professionally cleaned (bacon and biscuits found in a cabinet drawer, bathrooms not very clean, ) and staying at Sophia's house, we were left 2 towels, 1 towel each for 5 days. I would have given the Ranch a better rating if we did not have those issues.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 913stacyj
Reviewed 18 September 2021

We were not aware of the mission of Erik's Ranch before signing up for the hike, and it came a pleasant surprise and experience to hike to Chimney Rock with Kathryn and our guide who sang in his native Navajo tongue, shared his life experience, and kept us headed in the right direction during our descent. We'll be back to stay at the ranch during our next trip to Montana.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 26 September 2020

This was the most amazing experience we have ever had! The house décor and views were fascinating. We wish we had styed longer! This was our first big trip post covid-19 and the fires of CA and ID. We weren't able to stargaze due to the smoke but we were still so happy to be out there in such a beautiful and remote place. We plan on coming back in a couple years. Maybe in the Spring time. We would highly recommend this house to couples. Please take a look at the pics posted. Also.. Shiloh checked us in and gave us a tour of the house as well as explained the family that owns the properties.

Room tip: Sophia's house is great for couples
Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank Katie S
Reviewed 25 September 2020

Let me start by saying I knew I wasn't going to be able to make it to the ranch until late at night. I messaged Garrett and he made sure to be there when I arrived. Now I was already getting in late (11pm) then I got lost and was tiered from a long day of traveling I was thousands of miles away from home in a state and part of the country I have never been in. It took me an extra hour to get here. During that time Garrett communicated with me, my 15 year old daughter and my husband who was at home. He told my daughter and me that he would go out looking for us if he had to and that we would 100% get to the ranch that night. That was such a huge comfort. This man was already going out of his way then was delayed an hour because I was lost and could have just said he was going hole and to find a place for the night but he made sure we got to the ranch and took the time to show us around and made sure we knew where everything was.

Our room was small but I knew that before coming it was also priced very nicely. The bed was super comfortable. I almost never sleep well when I'm away from home but this bed was very nice. The whole place was spotless. Everyone that works here was super friendly and awesome. I would 10000% come back again.

It is set back on a few dirt roads but easy enough to get to and from. You can take exit 316 (I did) off I 90 (from Bozeman) and it will take you right here. My GPS kept bringing me to the house next door but there is a small sign on the road that says Eriks ranch.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2019 via mobile

I cant recoomend anyone come here under any circumstances but especially in the winter.

We stayed here for a week three of the days we were there we blocked in by 2 company vehicles that had gotten stuck on the driveway. The internet had gone out, and there was no service. Since the location is so isolated we were unable to contact anyone except by hiking at least a mile. They were completley unprepared to handle any type of inclement weather so even if your in a 4 wheel drive vehicle plan on being stuck.

During our stay we I proposed to my now fiance. The staff was supposed to deliver champagne and flowers to our room which they botched as well.

Not only was the stay a complete disaster, being stuck for 3 days not matter how beautiful the site is that way. The customer service afterwards was abysmal. Everything was a fight, they hid behind their "compendium" their no refund policy, and claimed it was an act of God they had no control over. Yes it snowed but they did not do anything about it and never even attempted to check on us knowing full well we had been trapped in their cabin for 3 days.

Airbnb refunded us 200 dollars in service charges because the experience was so miserable but could not compel Erik's ranch to refund anything.

Under no circumstances should you stay here in the winter and I dont think it's worth coming at all anytime. They will treat you like crap and have no customer service skills to speak of. This is a ranch in the middle of nowhere owned by people a thousand miles away in city who have no idea what it means to live in a rural isolated area.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mattk123456