“Much More Than Soup”
Review of The Soup Bar - CLOSED

The Soup Bar
Reviewed 2 August 2019 via mobile

Many of the restaurants had stopped serving by 2 when we were looking for lunch. A local recommended “the bakery” stating that it has the “best chef in town”. True to the name, there were maybe 6 or 8 soup selections and all very original which change on a regular basis. The soup price includes 3 selected toppings from another varied selection. My husband chose a corned beef and potato soup with roasted garlic, scallions and parmigiana for toppings. The corned beef is done in house in a process that takes 2 weeks. We both ordered Gyros, his with lamb and mine with chicken from a small but thoughtful list of sandwiches. The fresh, warm pitas with beautifully seasoned meats accompanied by feta, tomato, lettuce and tzatziki, made in house of course, were delicious. Served with house made potato chips and thin, perfectly cold and crisp carrot and jalapeño slices, it was a great lunch. The key here is fresh, original, made from scratch offerings. The bakery side of the business is just as impressive, although we did not sample any on this visit. There were gorgeous cakes in 3 different sizes. Brilliant! Beautiful macarons, cookies, a muffin and a few other delicacies. I suspect there had been more earlier in the day. This is order at the counter and bus your own table but the team is still very much present and welcoming. I so appreciate the do it very well rather than do a lot selection. We will definitely return, I need to try the salads!

Date of visit: August 2019

Reviewed 6 June 2019 via mobile

This place was great. On our way to Yellowstone and decided to drive thru Livingston. Our group tried several soups, grilled cheese, fried chicken sand and hoagie. Everything was delicious. The Mac and cheese is by far the best I have ever had.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 27 April 2019

The name of the place is a bit misleading. The soup is great, but they have a lot more than soup. I had the lamb gyro, which was quite good, and my friend had the soup. She loved it. Great local beers, too.
The atmosphere is casual - a converted bar complete with a cribbage board built into the bar counter. The service was good, though I can't rate it properly from our visit, since the place wasn't at all busy. I'll be back.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 25 November 2018 via mobile

Was in Livingston for the afternoon checking out their small downtown core. Was a bit on the chilly side so was looking for a coffee shop or such to get something warm.

Stumbled across The Soup Bar, it was post lunchtime so it was not crowded. Fun place - easy concept- Soup! Just simple, quality, good tasting soups.

Looks like they offer 1/2 dozen types of soups per day. For me I picked the tomato bisque. Very nice. Plus, you get cornbread! And it is really good cornbread...

I eat out a bit - well a lot - as I travel. The Soup Bar made me happy. I was cold when I entered, warm when I left. Their soups were flavorful and cornbread excellent. Ambiance was relaxed - low key, comfortable settings. Just a nice, safe, welcoming place to have some soup and conversation.

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank HomeIdaho
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Now that the summer frenzy has begun to subside, give this place a try. We stopped in for lunch recently, and had superb food, with service to match. The Soup Bar has some of the nicest vegetarian and vegan options you'll find anywhere, plus hearty flavors for the carnivores among us too. The side of cornbread is way better than it could be, and the lemon bars are a stellar choice for dessert. Plus some local beers are on tap, and a model train makes the rounds on a track above the dining area in this great old re-purposed storefront. Food-to-table can be quite speedy, as you order at the counter and food is brought to your table. Things get a trifle congested at mealtime, like most good places in town, but if you can work around that, you are in for a relaxing, delicious, and satisfactory meal.

Date of visit: October 2018