“Worth Waiting in Line!! Long-winded review!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Emigrant
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 15 December 2023

We had a family reunion at Chico Hot Springs, just a few miles from this restaurant. Most of our group ate breakfast together at Chico; they have a really nice breakfast buffet. But the group wanted to eat off-site together one evening. We picked Follow Yer Nose, because, well, we did just that.

Well, when we got there, we asked if they could serve our very large group (about 35, including children). They said, sorry, we don't have enough food. So several went to find somewhere else, while some determined people in our group stayed in line. (This is the type of restaurant where you order at the counter, then they call your name when your order is ready. You seat yourself at picnic tables).

Eventually everyone came together and we waited in line, and each family group ordered their own. The chalkboard menu kept changing as certain items gave out. Everyone in our group finally got to order and got their food. I think there were maybe 4 or five people behind us that got food before they had to turn people away.

Well, bless their hearts, the staff was overwhelmed with the number of customers they had that night, but they did a great job of keeping on until all the meat, and most sides, were gone. We considered our group very fortunate that we stayed and all got served. The food was delicious, the staff was courteous.

I want to add something about the sauces. Now as any Bar-B-Q aficionado knows, there are many different styles of B-B-Q across the country, and one of the defining differences is the sauces. This place had the most sauce choices of any B-B-Q restaurant I've been to. I think 7 or 8? It's a B-B-Q lovers paradise. (Which is apropos, since it is located in Paradise Valley).

1  Thank martindupre

Reviewed 14 August 2023

We visited the food truck outside of Gardiner. The food was excellent and the staff was very friendly. Our group had lunch from here the last day before we left town. Our only regret was not finding it until the last day. Brisket and pulled pork were off the charts good. They also have great tasting sauces. We only found this place because we were referred by our river rafting guides Jason and Dante from Montana Whitewater Rafting and Zipline.

Date of visit: August 2023
Reviewed 6 August 2023

What a treat to find such delicious southern BBQ in MT! We went twice - lunch we had had pulled pork and dinner baby back ribs. Both outstanding !! Sides including collards and baked beans are VERY GOOD! Cold beverages. Definitely stop here to eat if you’re in the area.

Reviewed 29 July 2023

I highly recommend this place if you like BBQ. The extremely friendly woman we spoke with on our second day (an experience unlike that on our first day) was kind enough to take our food order in the morning and make sure there'd be what we wanted in the evening, because they do run out.

The baby back ribs are so delicious, I didn't put any sauce on them. I did sauce my brisket, however, but used their tangy sauce, as the others were too hot for my palate. I can't begin to think of what Bear Mace tastes like (probably actual bear mace).

Great selection of beers, and a super casual atmosphere make this a must-dine place for your Paradise Valley visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2023 via mobile

Found this little gem near our AirBnB in Paradise Valley. Saw the ratings and had to give it a go. It is extremely casual, overly friendly and if the BBQ smell doesn’t entice you as you get out of your car, you should just go home.

We were warmly greeted by a sweet “ginger” who welcomed us and took our order. She made recommendations to food and drink and we received our food in about 15 mins. We ordered coleslaw on both sandwiches and they missed one. So they made it right. No big deal. They forgot our ice tea; went back to get it-no big deal.

Food was excellent. So good I went back up and got another sandwich. We had the pork, brisket and sausage sandwiches (3). Loved it all.

My nice girl brought me a cooking to make unnecessary mends for the tiny hiccups on our order. They care that much about getting it right.

My suggestion? Stop even if you are not hungry. Between the food, craft beers and iced tea…can’t go wrong!

Date of visit: June 2023