“Don’t miss this gem!”

Old Saloon
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Emigrant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours
Description: Serving outlaws & cowgirls since 1902. From the hard working ranch hand, to the passerby heading to Yellowstone, to the celebrity living in their Paradise Valley hideaway, The Old Saloon still attracts all types of guests who intermingle seamlessly. The Old Saloon was built on great stories and is an iconic fixture in Montana and the Paradise Valley. It is one of a kind and the last of a dying breed. Come experience Montana how it used to be and make your own story!
Reviewed 12 March 2021

Poutine for an appetizer, our youngest had the pot pie, two of us had the chicken fried steak, and I had the blackened salmon. Easily our best meal on our tour of Montana hot springs over spring break. Oh and the side salads were so good, just beautifully presented with a dusting of sunflower seeds. Clearly a quality dining experience. Plus local tap brews. Do not miss this saloon!

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank 798michelleq

Reviewed 9 March 2021 via mobile

Two different times I’ve ordered the Old Saloon burger which is Swiss cheese, sautéed mushrooms, & an egg according to the menu but both times I just get a regular cheeseburger. They’re good but not what I wanted. Also the buns are not big enough or sturdy enough to contain the burger.
I know it’s a Montana bar, but my husband would be happy to pay more for a decent non-alcoholic beer. You could have another choice besides Busch.
Good service but waitress never asked about dessert after I even said it was a birthday dinner.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 11 December 2020 via mobile

Dining room at Chico was not serving so we ate here. I had a spinach salad and it was very good! Conveniently located right next to the spring incase you need somewhere. They were filming some kind of a movie or something! Didn’t see anyone I knew. Great revive, too.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 10 October 2020

For seven years, every fall, I've eaten multiple meals at the Old Saloon, it was always a solid choice in the area. This year during the Covid Pandemic we were ordering takeout meals only and eating at our cabin. We were greatly disappointed that on BOTH occasions to pickup our takeout, the second visit during prime Friday 7pm crowd, there was not a mask to be seen on the hostess, waitresses, or even when looking into the kitchen. They have a sign on there door saying masks are mandatory in Montana, apparently they need to read it again. This will be the last time we visit the old saloon, we prefer to spend our money at establishments that take the public's health more seriously.

Date of visit: October 2020
3  Thank Andy S
Reviewed 26 September 2020 via mobile

Wish I could give a better review but this plane was disappointing. We went in on Friday evening around 7. They were not swamped but 3/4 full. Waited awhile to see waitress for drink orders. When she did get to us she was very pleasant. We ordered and it took awhile to get food. When it did come out the waitress said the chef forgot to cook my wifes meal but they would hurry it out. My daughters fries were ice cold and soggy so we sent them back. They did bring my wife's meal and it was hot except for the cold mashed potatos which paired well with the shoe leather country fried steak.They were out of the fridge cold with hot but bland gravy dumped on them. Atmosphere was old west and cool. I would stop for a beer and skip the food. Oh yah watch your bill they tried to charge me for extra beers they never served me.

Date of visit: September 2020