Hotels.com
Algotels
Skyscanner.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2023

A motel 6 would be cheaper and of better quality. They’re renovating, clearly, but the hotel itself is in just such poor condition. Smells funky- don’t even know how to describe it except extremely headache inducing. It’s clear there is a perfume or diffuser somewhere to cover the smell. Lots of extremely odd and out of place things scattered around the hotel. Lights broken in the hallway- looks straight out of a horror movie. Pool is not open as displayed on many hotel rating websites, as well as their website pictures- breakfast is not served, rooms being remodeled has doors left completely open. The front desk lady was nice, no idea what her name was, as she didn’t wear a name tag, however she frequently smelled heavily of cigarettes. HEAVILY. For the room, the toilets don’t flush correctly! Heater smells like it’s burning. Stain on the floor, but whatever. The rooms weren’t horrible, besides the lingering smell of cigarettes, a shower with hairs in every corner of them (disgusting), and of course, your favorite- no sound proof walls. The beds were comfortable. Room key didn’t work. The staff were nice and helped us. The sink didn’t work so they gave us the option to have 50% off the room, or move to a new one.

I’m conclusion, I would not recommend this hotel for more than a last minute overnight stay. 200$ for the same amount of quality you can get sleeping in your car. There’s numerous hotels across the street that are clearly more put together. Don’t waste your time.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2023

The hotel is conveniently located not far from the venue (The Elm) we were there for. We got a nice spacious, clean room and super comfortable bed. We happened to arrive early and Amy did a brilliant and professional job at making early check-in possible! Also she was so kind to give us a mountain view side! I'm so grateful!

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2022

Let me start out by saying, that Bozeman has ridiculous prices for rooms....why, I don't know....even the Super 8 is over $200 a night. Why?!?!? What is so great about Bozeman Montana?!?!?! Do they think they are competing with Downtown San Francisco or something?!?!? Anyways....onto the review.
Let me start off by saying that this hotel is in desperate need of maintenance. The place is really run down and old. One can tell that this used to be a Holiday Inn, cuz they took down the sign, and didn't bother painting up the print on the outside of the building. There is more potholes in their parking lot than the moon has craters. There are several places throughout the hallway where paint was peeling and the wallpaper was falling down. I discovered this, cuz the ice machine was out of order (how convenient!), and I had to walk about 2 city blocks to the other side of the hotel, just to get ice.
The room....boy....As soon as we walked in, we were greeted by a very strong, horrible smell, that literally smelled like a cross between day old beer and toe fungus!!! There was a HUGE stain on the floor next to the bed, that reeked of vomit!!! There were several other stains all over the carpet, but the one next to the bed had me the most concerned. Needless to say, myself and no one else in my family dared to walk barefoot in this room!!! We would have changed rooms, but we were all tired from the traveling and all the walking we did from the two museums we visited earlier in the day.
On a bright note, the hotel clerk was very nice, the beds were clean and comfy, The actual lobby was super nice (but they seriously need to take more pride in the rest of their hotel, besides the lobby!!). What helped a LOT was the free breakfast we received that morning (it was good too, btw!!). Plus there was no sketchy looking characters hanging around, and we didn't find any creepy crawlers in the room neither, so that's a plus! I guess overall, my main gripe, is we paid well over $100 for a room that is worth about $40 anywhere else in the country, in a city that I just cannot understand for the life of me... what is the big deal about it?!?! (I feel sorry for the people who live here....where it snows 10 months out of the year, and you probably pay over $2000 a month or more for a ghetto apartment?!?! Show the city what's up...move to a CHEAPER, warmer climate!!!). We probably should have just kept driving... Sorry Bozeman.

Date of stay: June 2022
2  Thank FoodaholicJackson
Reviewed 5 December 2021

I'm an IHG member and I can say without hesitation that I'll never stay in this hotel until it's updated and has new management.
We did book a room that would allow pets, and apparently they only allow pets on the 1st floor. The hallway to our room smelled terribly, and there were obvious defects in the drywall. Our room had a vague smell to it, and wasn't really clean.
Since they were a "pet friendly" hotel, I asked the next morning if our medium sized dog was allowed in the dining area with us, & I was told No. They had to be a service dog with appropriate documentation. I'd add that there was no one in the dining room at that time, and apperantly I interrupted the gentleman I asked who was seated in a booth reading the paper.
I'll never stay here again unless the update & new management occurs.

Date of stay: November 2021
IHG Service, Owner at 3 Rivers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2021

Hi nikbconserv,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I appreciate you for being an IHG Rewards member. We're determined to provide a space where guests could have a pleasant lodging experience, and I am sorry to learn about your disappointment with the upkeep of our facilities and the cleanliness in your room. I have alerted the hotel management about your comments and reference during the periodic review of the property. I am confident measures will be in place to address these areas of concern.

It might not have been a great stay, but I hope you will give us a second chance to make things right.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 October 2021

I had the disgusting misfortune of spending 1 night here, based on a previous stay many years ago. I should have done my homework first and read recent reviews, but live and learn!!

First off, you will not know the condition of the rooms based on the lobby. They have wisely put their best foot forward here, or you would turn and run if you had any indication of the things to come.

I checked in at the lobby, drove around back of the building, maneuvered the crater size pot holes, and carried my luggage to the supposedly secure side door. The exterior of the building did not appear to be clean or maintained. I was shocked to see the secure "carded entry only" door was duct taped opened, so that anyone at anytime could enter or exit the building unverified. Upon entering my room... massive, filthy, stains across the entire room carpet awaited. Pet stains? Vommit? only heaven knows. The light switch at the entry was black with crud (see photo)....COVID precautions taken here? Don't make me laugh!!! False advertising or outright lie ??, you decide. In addition, my ice bucket appeared to have a squished bug (?) in the bottom that had not been washed out....OMG, UCK!!!

I was upset enough with the situation that I called the front desk and asked for the manager to be sent. Makayla the front desk clerk explained there was no manager on property but she immediately came and tried her best to assist me. For Makayla's part I give her 5 stars as she was professional, helpful and accommodating. She was the one bright shining star to be found at this property. However there is little that could be done with what she had to work with.. I was shown a total of 5 rooms (each as filthy as the last) and choose the best of the bunch. I did not check out as I was exhausted, it was only for 1 night, and I doubted I could find an available room anywhere near the airport, for that night. I did not set foot on the carpet w/o shoes during the entire stay, and I skipped leaving the room to eat dinner as I felt very unsafe at this location.

My advise is to AVOID this hotel like the plague. There have been 3 years of negative reviews (check ANY website) with the same complaints over and over.. Obviously no one cares to correct the situation. Shame on the hotel manager, the hotel owner, and corporate IHG. Remember when Holiday Inn's slogan was "The best surprise is no surprise" ??? Well surprise..... THIS hotel is a pigsty!!

Date of stay: October 2021