Hotels.com
Yukon, Missouri
Serious Maintenance Issues
Review of 3 Rivers Hotel
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Jun 2022
Let me start out by saying, that Bozeman has ridiculous prices for rooms....why, I don't know....even the Super 8 is over $200 a night. Why?!?!? What is so great about Bozeman Montana?!?!?! Do they think they are competing with Downtown San Francisco or something?!?!? Anyways....onto the review.
Let me start off by saying that this hotel is in desperate need of maintenance. The place is really run down and old. One can tell that this used to be a Holiday Inn, cuz they took down the sign, and didn't bother painting up the print on the outside of the building. There is more potholes in their parking lot than the moon has craters. There are several places throughout the hallway where paint was peeling and the wallpaper was falling down. I discovered this, cuz the ice machine was out of order (how convenient!), and I had to walk about 2 city blocks to the other side of the hotel, just to get ice.
The room....boy....As soon as we walked in, we were greeted by a very strong, horrible smell, that literally smelled like a cross between day old beer and toe fungus!!! There was a HUGE stain on the floor next to the bed, that reeked of vomit!!! There were several other stains all over the carpet, but the one next to the bed had me the most concerned. Needless to say, myself and no one else in my family dared to walk barefoot in this room!!! We would have changed rooms, but we were all tired from the traveling and all the walking we did from the two museums we visited earlier in the day.
On a bright note, the hotel clerk was very nice, the beds were clean and comfy, The actual lobby was super nice (but they seriously need to take more pride in the rest of their hotel, besides the lobby!!). What helped a LOT was the free breakfast we received that morning (it was good too, btw!!). Plus there was no sketchy looking characters hanging around, and we didn't find any creepy crawlers in the room neither, so that's a plus! I guess overall, my main gripe, is we paid well over $100 for a room that is worth about $40 anywhere else in the country, in a city that I just cannot understand for the life of me... what is the big deal about it?!?! (I feel sorry for the people who live here....where it snows 10 months out of the year, and you probably pay over $2000 a month or more for a ghetto apartment?!?! Show the city what's up...move to a CHEAPER, warmer climate!!!). We probably should have just kept driving... Sorry Bozeman.
Date of stay: June 2022
  • Choice Hotels
    $328
2.7 km from 3 Rivers Hotel
View more hotels in Bozeman
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 December 2021

I'm an IHG member and I can say without hesitation that I'll never stay in this hotel until it's updated and has new management.
We did book a room that would allow pets, and apparently they only allow pets on the 1st floor. The hallway to our room smelled terribly, and there were obvious defects in the drywall. Our room had a vague smell to it, and wasn't really clean.
Since they were a "pet friendly" hotel, I asked the next morning if our medium sized dog was allowed in the dining area with us, & I was told No. They had to be a service dog with appropriate documentation. I'd add that there was no one in the dining room at that time, and apperantly I interrupted the gentleman I asked who was seated in a booth reading the paper.
I'll never stay here again unless the update & new management occurs.

Date of stay: November 2021
IHG Service, Owner at 3 Rivers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2021

Hi nikbconserv,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I appreciate you for being an IHG Rewards member. We're determined to provide a space where guests could have a pleasant lodging experience, and I am sorry to learn about your disappointment with the upkeep of our facilities and the cleanliness in your room. I have alerted the hotel management about your comments and reference during the periodic review of the property. I am confident measures will be in place to address these areas of concern.

It might not have been a great stay, but I hope you will give us a second chance to make things right.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 October 2021

I had the disgusting misfortune of spending 1 night here, based on a previous stay many years ago. I should have done my homework first and read recent reviews, but live and learn!!

First off, you will not know the condition of the rooms based on the lobby. They have wisely put their best foot forward here, or you would turn and run if you had any indication of the things to come.

I checked in at the lobby, drove around back of the building, maneuvered the crater size pot holes, and carried my luggage to the supposedly secure side door. The exterior of the building did not appear to be clean or maintained. I was shocked to see the secure "carded entry only" door was duct taped opened, so that anyone at anytime could enter or exit the building unverified. Upon entering my room... massive, filthy, stains across the entire room carpet awaited. Pet stains? Vommit? only heaven knows. The light switch at the entry was black with crud (see photo)....COVID precautions taken here? Don't make me laugh!!! False advertising or outright lie ??, you decide. In addition, my ice bucket appeared to have a squished bug (?) in the bottom that had not been washed out....OMG, UCK!!!

I was upset enough with the situation that I called the front desk and asked for the manager to be sent. Makayla the front desk clerk explained there was no manager on property but she immediately came and tried her best to assist me. For Makayla's part I give her 5 stars as she was professional, helpful and accommodating. She was the one bright shining star to be found at this property. However there is little that could be done with what she had to work with.. I was shown a total of 5 rooms (each as filthy as the last) and choose the best of the bunch. I did not check out as I was exhausted, it was only for 1 night, and I doubted I could find an available room anywhere near the airport, for that night. I did not set foot on the carpet w/o shoes during the entire stay, and I skipped leaving the room to eat dinner as I felt very unsafe at this location.

My advise is to AVOID this hotel like the plague. There have been 3 years of negative reviews (check ANY website) with the same complaints over and over.. Obviously no one cares to correct the situation. Shame on the hotel manager, the hotel owner, and corporate IHG. Remember when Holiday Inn's slogan was "The best surprise is no surprise" ??? Well surprise..... THIS hotel is a pigsty!!

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 2 October 2021

We spent three nights at this hotel and it does not compare to most IHG properties. It's good enough (although incredibly overpriced - but such is Bozeman) but that's about it. It's very convenient to I-90, so that may be a big plus (although several other hotels nearby and equally close to the interstate - Hampton Inn, Best Western Plus... look spiffier).

The rooms are "meh" as far as any kind of decor (is it COVID or just a new fad that there were no bedspreads, just white sheet-type comforters on the beds? No decorative pillows, no color?). Halls are dark and old; the entire property circles a barren, unmowed, seedy dandelion-strewn "meadow" (all inner rooms have a view of this loveliness; outer rooms have views of parking lots). There is a fairly nice lobby; the in-house restaurant only serves breakfast - which is quite decent - but the walls even there, as you enter the place, look old with one large paint chip drawing the attention. There is a hot tub and pool area which are pretty standard, and clean. Staff is pleasant enough, and try to be helpful, but I always got the feeling they were a bit nonplussed about things. And it didn't help that the outdoor entrances (the place - because of the aforementioned layout surrounding a huge useless field - covers a lot of ground, and some rooms are quite a distance from the lobby, so there are four different entrances scattered around the place) don't always work with the key card, or at all. Even their desk computer didn't always print. We stayed one night, then came back after a couple of nights away to stay two more nights - which is when we discovered there is evidently not housekeeping service every day - we weren't told about it, so were surprised to find no clean towels and the wastebaskets still full.

All in all, the property is very tired.

There is a Holiday Inn Express in town which I wish I had checked out - probably is newer and better (and of course, free breakfast). They do have coffee, tea and cocoa always available at the desk here, but that's it.

So, no horror stories, but just not the nicest place.

Reviewed 26 September 2021

The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Great place to stay if your flying from Bozeman airport. Only down side is the bathroom sink drain was slow and there was an occasional train. The service and food at breakfast were excellent.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2021

I was on vacation while I booked this hotel last minute. I did not read the reviews and wished I had. When we pulled into the parking lot I knew we were in trouble. It is a weedy, dirty, rundown look. The interior was just okay, staff was uninterested and very short with any questions, it was obvious they did not care one thing about us.
A very important item that should be noted, there is NO ELEVATOR, when I was asked if the second floor was okay I wished she would of mentioned there is NO ELEVATOR. Hallways are very long and it took awhile to get into our rooms. Also, if you do not care anything about security this is the perfect place for you, doors are warped or propped open. Carpet was filthy with lots of stains and spots. Holiday Inn should be embarrassed that it bears its name. I will never stay at another Holiday Inn again. No complimentary breakfast is offered, not that I probably would dare to eat it, price did not reflect any of these negatives. Finally, do not post on your website how you are safely following Covid-19 protocol. No one at the front desk wore a mask, or anyone else in the building for that matter. I highly doubt any extra precautions were in place.

3  Thank Halvorsen22