Hotels.com
Skyscanner.com
Lol.travel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2021

I had the disgusting misfortune of spending 1 night here, based on a previous stay many years ago. I should have done my homework first and read recent reviews, but live and learn!!

First off, you will not know the condition of the rooms based on the lobby. They have wisely put their best foot forward here, or you would turn and run if you had any indication of the things to come.

I checked in at the lobby, drove around back of the building, maneuvered the crater size pot holes, and carried my luggage to the supposedly secure side door. The exterior of the building did not appear to be clean or maintained. I was shocked to see the secure "carded entry only" door was duct taped opened, so that anyone at anytime could enter or exit the building unverified. Upon entering my room... massive, filthy, stains across the entire room carpet awaited. Pet stains? Vommit? only heaven knows. The light switch at the entry was black with crud (see photo)....COVID precautions taken here? Don't make me laugh!!! False advertising or outright lie ??, you decide. In addition, my ice bucket appeared to have a squished bug (?) in the bottom that had not been washed out....OMG, UCK!!!

I was upset enough with the situation that I called the front desk and asked for the manager to be sent. Makayla the front desk clerk explained there was no manager on property but she immediately came and tried her best to assist me. For Makayla's part I give her 5 stars as she was professional, helpful and accommodating. She was the one bright shining star to be found at this property. However there is little that could be done with what she had to work with.. I was shown a total of 5 rooms (each as filthy as the last) and choose the best of the bunch. I did not check out as I was exhausted, it was only for 1 night, and I doubted I could find an available room anywhere near the airport, for that night. I did not set foot on the carpet w/o shoes during the entire stay, and I skipped leaving the room to eat dinner as I felt very unsafe at this location.

My advise is to AVOID this hotel like the plague. There have been 3 years of negative reviews (check ANY website) with the same complaints over and over.. Obviously no one cares to correct the situation. Shame on the hotel manager, the hotel owner, and corporate IHG. Remember when Holiday Inn's slogan was "The best surprise is no surprise" ??? Well surprise..... THIS hotel is a pigsty!!

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 2 October 2021

We spent three nights at this hotel and it does not compare to most IHG properties. It's good enough (although incredibly overpriced - but such is Bozeman) but that's about it. It's very convenient to I-90, so that may be a big plus (although several other hotels nearby and equally close to the interstate - Hampton Inn, Best Western Plus... look spiffier).

The rooms are "meh" as far as any kind of decor (is it COVID or just a new fad that there were no bedspreads, just white sheet-type comforters on the beds? No decorative pillows, no color?). Halls are dark and old; the entire property circles a barren, unmowed, seedy dandelion-strewn "meadow" (all inner rooms have a view of this loveliness; outer rooms have views of parking lots). There is a fairly nice lobby; the in-house restaurant only serves breakfast - which is quite decent - but the walls even there, as you enter the place, look old with one large paint chip drawing the attention. There is a hot tub and pool area which are pretty standard, and clean. Staff is pleasant enough, and try to be helpful, but I always got the feeling they were a bit nonplussed about things. And it didn't help that the outdoor entrances (the place - because of the aforementioned layout surrounding a huge useless field - covers a lot of ground, and some rooms are quite a distance from the lobby, so there are four different entrances scattered around the place) don't always work with the key card, or at all. Even their desk computer didn't always print. We stayed one night, then came back after a couple of nights away to stay two more nights - which is when we discovered there is evidently not housekeeping service every day - we weren't told about it, so were surprised to find no clean towels and the wastebaskets still full.

All in all, the property is very tired.

There is a Holiday Inn Express in town which I wish I had checked out - probably is newer and better (and of course, free breakfast). They do have coffee, tea and cocoa always available at the desk here, but that's it.

So, no horror stories, but just not the nicest place.

Reviewed 26 September 2021

The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Great place to stay if your flying from Bozeman airport. Only down side is the bathroom sink drain was slow and there was an occasional train. The service and food at breakfast were excellent.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2021

I was on vacation while I booked this hotel last minute. I did not read the reviews and wished I had. When we pulled into the parking lot I knew we were in trouble. It is a weedy, dirty, rundown look. The interior was just okay, staff was uninterested and very short with any questions, it was obvious they did not care one thing about us.
A very important item that should be noted, there is NO ELEVATOR, when I was asked if the second floor was okay I wished she would of mentioned there is NO ELEVATOR. Hallways are very long and it took awhile to get into our rooms. Also, if you do not care anything about security this is the perfect place for you, doors are warped or propped open. Carpet was filthy with lots of stains and spots. Holiday Inn should be embarrassed that it bears its name. I will never stay at another Holiday Inn again. No complimentary breakfast is offered, not that I probably would dare to eat it, price did not reflect any of these negatives. Finally, do not post on your website how you are safely following Covid-19 protocol. No one at the front desk wore a mask, or anyone else in the building for that matter. I highly doubt any extra precautions were in place.

3  Thank Halvorsen22
Reviewed 7 September 2021 via mobile

Very disappointed in this hotel. It is very old and needs remodel. My room had a bad smell and the hallways look disgusting. Probably the worst hotel I’ve stayed in. We are breakfast in the Three River restaurant on property and it was decent and made to order (not continental).

Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at 3 Rivers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2021

Hi Mkdye,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I was very concerned to read your comments regarding the room condition, hallway and comfort. I understand your disappointment and I'm sorry. I will share your review with our team for improvements on our end. We appreciate you for staying with us and in line with this, I sent you a private message to address your concerns.

I appreciate you as our guest and I still hope you would give us another chance in the future so this time we can show you the joy of travel for all experience.

Orlando A.