Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
sullific
new haven, ct
Surprised that IHG hasn't updated this property
Review of 3 Rivers Hotel
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Oct 2021
We spent three nights at this hotel and it does not compare to most IHG properties. It's good enough (although incredibly overpriced - but such is Bozeman) but that's about it. It's very convenient to I-90, so that may be a big plus (although several other hotels nearby and equally close to the interstate - Hampton Inn, Best Western Plus... look spiffier).

The rooms are "meh" as far as any kind of decor (is it COVID or just a new fad that there were no bedspreads, just white sheet-type comforters on the beds? No decorative pillows, no color?). Halls are dark and old; the entire property circles a barren, unmowed, seedy dandelion-strewn "meadow" (all inner rooms have a view of this loveliness; outer rooms have views of parking lots). There is a fairly nice lobby; the in-house restaurant only serves breakfast - which is quite decent - but the walls even there, as you enter the place, look old with one large paint chip drawing the attention. There is a hot tub and pool area which are pretty standard, and clean. Staff is pleasant enough, and try to be helpful, but I always got the feeling they were a bit nonplussed about things. And it didn't help that the outdoor entrances (the place - because of the aforementioned layout surrounding a huge useless field - covers a lot of ground, and some rooms are quite a distance from the lobby, so there are four different entrances scattered around the place) don't always work with the key card, or at all. Even their desk computer didn't always print. We stayed one night, then came back after a couple of nights away to stay two more nights - which is when we discovered there is evidently not housekeeping service every day - we weren't told about it, so were surprised to find no clean towels and the wastebaskets still full.

All in all, the property is very tired.

There is a Holiday Inn Express in town which I wish I had checked out - probably is newer and better (and of course, free breakfast). They do have coffee, tea and cocoa always available at the desk here, but that's it.

So, no horror stories, but just not the nicest place.
$345
  • Skyscanner.com
    $203
1.4 km from 3 Rivers Hotel
View more hotels in Bozeman
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2021

The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Great place to stay if your flying from Bozeman airport. Only down side is the bathroom sink drain was slow and there was an occasional train. The service and food at breakfast were excellent.

Reviewed 21 September 2021

I was on vacation while I booked this hotel last minute. I did not read the reviews and wished I had. When we pulled into the parking lot I knew we were in trouble. It is a weedy, dirty, rundown look. The interior was just okay, staff was uninterested and very short with any questions, it was obvious they did not care one thing about us.
A very important item that should be noted, there is NO ELEVATOR, when I was asked if the second floor was okay I wished she would of mentioned there is NO ELEVATOR. Hallways are very long and it took awhile to get into our rooms. Also, if you do not care anything about security this is the perfect place for you, doors are warped or propped open. Carpet was filthy with lots of stains and spots. Holiday Inn should be embarrassed that it bears its name. I will never stay at another Holiday Inn again. No complimentary breakfast is offered, not that I probably would dare to eat it, price did not reflect any of these negatives. Finally, do not post on your website how you are safely following Covid-19 protocol. No one at the front desk wore a mask, or anyone else in the building for that matter. I highly doubt any extra precautions were in place.

3  Thank Halvorsen22
Reviewed 7 September 2021 via mobile

Very disappointed in this hotel. It is very old and needs remodel. My room had a bad smell and the hallways look disgusting. Probably the worst hotel I’ve stayed in. We are breakfast in the Three River restaurant on property and it was decent and made to order (not continental).

Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at 3 Rivers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2021

Hi Mkdye,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I was very concerned to read your comments regarding the room condition, hallway and comfort. I understand your disappointment and I'm sorry. I will share your review with our team for improvements on our end. We appreciate you for staying with us and in line with this, I sent you a private message to address your concerns.

I appreciate you as our guest and I still hope you would give us another chance in the future so this time we can show you the joy of travel for all experience.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 25 August 2021 via mobile

I have never left a hotel review. I felt compelled to express my disappointment in this hotel. It is obvious this location has not been updated in years, and is staying in business simply because of it’s popular location. I would have checked out immediately if there were any rooms available in the area. The halls were dirty, walls and carpet stained and smelled of mildew, the beds were old and saggy, the trash cans in public areas were over flowing. For the dismal condition of the hotel and the price of the room it felt like opportunism at it’s worse. After this experience I will not stay in a Holiday Inn again.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at 3 Rivers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2021

Dear blm72,

I appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay.

I am very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service you have received. On behalf of our hotel, I apologize that our hotel seemed not to be up-to-date, for the cleanliness and the smell of mildew. This is not what we want any of our guests to experience. I have sent you a private message to reaffirm my apologies.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

As my husband said, “You can’t give it less than one star on there so it has to be one star.” First of all the pictures are very misleading. I booked here after looking at the pictures they have online and I should have dug deeper into the reviews instead. The pictures present clean welcoming spaces, however once you get past the lobby (past check in) you discover dirty, dingy, smelly, and moldy accommodations.

Let’s start with the common areas. The hallways leading to the rooms are dirty and outdated. Not just a little dirty here and there, it needs a major cleaning or just give it a complete overhaul. The pool……..while also needing some cleaning help due to hard water stains it’s still a nice sized heated pool. That’s where the decent ended. The ladder to get in the middle of the pool is either broken or needs repair as it’s not sturdy and shifts quite a bit when you are trying to use it. Also, you can’t use much of the pool when two groups of people giving swimming lessons are using the pool too. Why? I’m not sure, but they do get an attitude about it if you get in the area they are using or if you mistakenly use any of the their pool noodles and floats thinking they are for use by everyone.

The rooms are dirty, dingy, smelly, and moldy. The air conditioner sounds like someone is sitting outside your room on a lawn mower when it kicks on. The ceiling in the bathroom has mold and a weird patch situation going on. Really, the whole thing needs to be completely upgraded and cleaned to include new beds.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel until it has been updated.
Date of stay: August 2021