All reviews dry fly older hotel room was clean wi fi comfortable stay lobby area staff was friendly bozeman airport saloon shuttle yellowstone interstate pets downtown dryer
Reviewed 7 August 2017

The hotel staff at the desk was friendly and the room was clean and large. However, it was not possible to choose bed size or room type either on Priceline or over the phone. We had three people and ended up with a king size bed when we needed two queens. The staff was helpful and brought in a cot, but the cot was painfully uncomfortable. This hotel also does not have a continental breakfast option but does have free coffee and water.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

No matter what they tell you - there are no free breakfasts offered here. I overheard another couple arguing to no avail that they had been duped. sub par holiday inn at prices that are too expensive for such a run down property. The folks at the front desk are nice enough and willing to accommodate your needs but they can't work magic and on this dump. Do not expect a freshly remodeled holiday inn or even a worn but efficient hotel. The rooms are noisy and the furniture, including the beds are stained and worn. I had to request two room changes before I received a room that was slightly remodeled - bed still sagging. They advertise a gym but don't expect much. A few machines are placed in a lofted area directly above the hot tub in the pool area. There's no fresh air, air con or ventilation so the heat from the pool below rises to the lofted area. Unless you're a fan of hot yoga or heated workouts you will not be working out here. Not to mention the overwhelming stench of chlorine that envelops the entire space. So unfortunate to report this as I have been staying in holiday inns across the usa for the past two years and have been impressed by the standard of excellence I've encountered everywhere except here. Even the manager at the front desk seemed visibly fed up with the sub-par level of standards here and apologized explaining there are plans to tear down this property and rebuild next year. Seems that in anticipation of the tear down the management has stopped maintaining this property already. There's another holiday in nearby - wish I'd known to book in there instead of this one. Creepy people hanging out in the self serve laundry area.

Room Tip: ask to be moved a 3rd or 4th time if not pleased. there are a few rooms that are clean if you're insistent. request near to the lobby.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Hi LarNow,

Thank you for posting a review about your hotel experience and for staying with us. We always aspire to provide impeccable services and accommodations to all of our guests. Although you were not overly satisfied with the hotel condition as well as the soundproofing of our rooms and furniture condition. I also am sorry the fitness center did not live up to your expectation and I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience these items may have caused you. I have shared your comments to our corporate office for hotel evaluation to be addressed internally.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback as we value your visit to our property. Please know that your comments are very important and it will help the management of our hotel to improve on particular areas of concern for your next visit. We hope to see you soon.

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I stayed here for two stays for days. First of all I'm not prone to being super critical but the obvious filth in the rooms was disgusting. I took pics of it and also my food from the restaurant. I tipped VERY well and the folks at the bat were pretty ok with service. The hallways reeked with some kind of horrid smell.

Room Tip: Lots of noisy tourists!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary L
MarcR_BZN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Gary,

Thank you for the feedback and photos. While we strive to have every room in ideal condition, it is obvious yours was overlooked and due for quarterly maintenance. We are truly sorry this we did not have the opportunity to rectify the situation for you but thanks to your post-stay feedback we were able to repair the damaged tile and extensively clean the carpet in the isolated hallway in which you were located. Should your travels bring you back to Bozeman feel free to reach out for a complimentary night in one of our premium front of house rooms facing the Bridger Mountains.

Regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The first impression when walking in is nice, as to be expected in Montana lodging. Beautiful woodwork, and comfortable seating area, extending into the pool area. Once out of the lobby area that all changed. The hallways were dimly lit with no decor, old damaged baseboard heaters, and poorly hidden cables and wires that run along the ceiling. Inside the room although clean was cramped to the point to use the restroom one needs to sidestep the toilet to close the door. I'm not even sure the toilet was full sized. The a/c worked great, however when I turned it from 60 to 66 it began to sound more like someone running a lawnmower outside the window. It did come with a mini fridge and a Keurig coffee maker although the flavors did not consist of plain coffee. We were told they had breakfast over the phone, we were not told that it was $12.00 per person including children for a breakfast buffet spread that probably didn't cost them $12 to prepare the whole thing. At the cost of $182 it is not one I could recommend to anyone. Stay at the Best Western Grantree next door. Much nicer hotel, better dining, casino and all around hotel.

Danielss429

Thank you for your thorough feedback regarding your experience. As we recently completed a full WiFi installation which has brought the latest technology to our internet experience we are still working on a few cable enclosures and are glad you noticed that deficiency among others. As Bozeman is quite expensive during Summer it is a challenge to provide expected value and we will utilize your coffee and breakfast feedback for continued service and pricing improvement. Safe travels and have a wonderful Summer!

Regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here in July. We used points to stay which was nice. My husband is a Spire level member and our room was upgraded. It was huge which was nice because we came to fish and had a ton of things. The hotel is nice, clean. It is a bit older and could use some upgrades, however it did not retract from the stay.

We visited the Dry Fly Saloon- THIS IS A MUST. Great place! We are from Pittsburgh and I immediately noticed the Penns towel. Turns out the bar tender was also from the Burgh. Small world. Good was good and so was the beer. Lots of choices.

We were there over the 4th and the bar tender told us that we could see the Bozeman fireworks from the front. Great show! My only complaint is there is no outdoor sitting area. There's a huge courtyard with nothing in it. Totally room for a few benches or chairs.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Jylna14,

Thank you for the thoughtful review and shoutout to the Dry Fly Saloon! Based on your feedback we purchased some additional seating for the courtyard and have made various lawn games available for use. Have a fantastic July!

Cheers,