Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
marymichael n
Corona del Mar, California

Bozeman trip

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Jul 2023via mobile
I wanted to love this place. The reviews were all good. I want to warn people this is not a four seasons. First I will talk about the positives. The location is very pretty. The rooms were spacious and the staff for the most part were friendly. It is very peaceful. However, there is really nothing to do there. We tried to walk to the river but it took over an hour and it is basically a 2 lane highway with large trucks. There isn’t even a path around the property. There aren’t any chaise lounges to sit on. There are a couple wicker chairs upstairs but they don’t even have cushions so the wicker pokes you. There is also NOTHING to eat. The restaurant doesn’t serve lunch or breakfast. There are a few things from Costco in your refrigerator but basically cereal, naked juice and some granola bites. We did not have a car so we could not get any food. There isn’t any where within walking distance. The restaurant was open for dinner and we had a nice dinner but we really needed a lunch. It seems this place would be best for people that are fly fishing all day and just home for dinner and drinks. It is not a resort. Perhaps I misunderstood. If we return it would just be for dinner.
Date of stay: July 2023
Room Tip: Rent a car
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    $442
  • Priceline
13.4 km from Gallatin River Lodge
View more hotels in Bozeman
All reviews fly fishing trout great fishing the entire staff wonderful stay bozeman area spacious rooms keith fireplace montana accommodations lodging mt
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2023

Stayed here mostly for the restaurant (truly wonderful), but the lodge itself was a pleasant, if somewhat pricey, experience as well. Nice spacious room, bed, and bathroom, and a very attractive relaxed setting. Helpful staff, and the library room upstairs added a nice touch. My only small complaint would be the extremely weak and intermittent internet connection. But that's a small negative for a wonderful lodge whose main attraction is the restaurant, which is not to be missed.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2023

When we stayed here before the meals were amazing and when we wanted to book our trip for our 20th anniversary we wanted the same experience we had the last time we stayed.
I called after I booked our room and asked about the meal plan. I was told they didn’t have one setup yet but the kitchen would he open during our stay.
Nothing was said about it being closed in Sunday’s. Then two weeks before our stay we got an email stating the kitchen would he closed july2-5th. NOT cool … I would have booked an utter judge that did have a kitchen open yet with two weeks notice and not offering to refund us we stayed. It was a totally different experience than we had the last time we stayed there and it was NOT a good one. They locked all
Doors except by the back door by the kitchen. The car wasn’t even open and we couldn’t wKk out of our room to enjoy the front seating area at night as the front door was locked at 6 pm. WOW… don’t bother staying here , go elsewhere as this place has gone way down hill and staff are not accommodating and act like they’re doing us a favor just by being there.

Never again … if you want to charge these rates ( one night out if there was discounted 20%- gee don’t go out if your way) egghead bring it back to what it was before the new owners took over .
Poor service , bbq was not good and staff couldn’t wait to leave and lock everything up

Bad service , bad customer service and bait n switch with the restaurant and bar not being open doesn’t set well … the utter guests who booked 5 rooms were really complaining to us too … get a grip and start providing what we are paying for. If you wanted to be off during the fourth if July then Close…. Don’t take away the entire experience we paid for and act like you did a good job ..

Do not stay at this lodge … find one who stands by what they offer and not change it two weeks before your trip !! Not cool people

Room tip: Don’t bother looking here look elsewhere
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Gallatin River Lodge, Owner at Gallatin River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2023

Hi Mr. Clark- We are truly sorry that your experience at the Lodge did not live up to memory. And again, we are sorry that our normal restaurant closure days of Sunday and Monday fell during your 3 night stay, but more so that the hours of operation were not communicated to you at your time of booking. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention, we appreciate all guest feedback and each opportunity we have to learn and grown as a leading service and hospitality destination. sincerely, Gallatin River Lodge

Reviewed 13 March 2023

Truly finest place to stay & eat in Bozeman-Gallatin Valley. Everyone there super nice, a clearly world class chef, and Ryan the bar tender is superb. Have a hard time going anywhere else in town.

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2023

This is a restaurant review. I booked a reservation for 14 on 2-10-23 at 7pm - my son's 40th birthday. We brought in a bottle of champagne for a surprise toast after dinner. We expected to pay a corking fee (usually $15-$20). One in our party ordered over $350 worth of win with a final tab of $1,100 before tip. We always tip 25%. We took our tab to Ryan the manager and asked if he would consider waiving the $35! corking fee since we had purchased so much wine (it wasn't the money, it was the principle). Not only did he refuse, but he said, "I don't care who you are and I don't care how much money you have, I will never waive a corking fee." It was in a semi-hostile/defensive tone. I don't think I'm anybody, nor do I have a lot of money. I have been a general manager in food service as has my daughter. We couldn't believe it. If the tip hadn't gone to our server Amy (who was great) we would have deducted the $35 from his tip. We have been a fairly frequent customer and had referred this facility several times. The food is excellent, although the portions are small. Because of this experience, we will never go back nor ever refer again.

Room tip: You will likely have a good experience, but we will never be back due to our experience with Ryan, the "manager."
Date of stay: February 2023
Gallatin River Lodge, Owner at Gallatin River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2023

I am sincerely sorry that your experience here was not as you had expected to be. You can reach me at info@grlodge.com directly so we can get a chance to discuss the situation that occurred. Thank you for the review and hope to talk soon. -Valerie Mott - Lodge Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2023

Rustic lodge and nice rooms. Decided to stay here to be in a more rural area, and was reworded for that decision. Very quiet rooms. Very spacious grounds and on a pond, tho well frozen when I was there! About 15-20min from various parts of Bozeman. Polite and very helpful staff. Heard restaurant is very good, but sadly I had to meet someone for dinner elsewhere.

Room tip: Can face pond if desired. All are rural facing.
Date of stay: January 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Gallatin River Lodge, Owner at Gallatin River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2023

Thank you Kurt for your kind words. We are so happy that you loved your stay with us. I hope that someday you can return and enjoy a room and a meal. Cheers until then!