Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
hbsurfer2
Bozeman, Montana

Last Best Place

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Mar 2023
Truly finest place to stay & eat in Bozeman-Gallatin Valley. Everyone there super nice, a clearly world class chef, and Ryan the bar tender is superb. Have a hard time going anywhere else in town.
Date of stay: March 2023
    $602
14.1 km from Gallatin River Lodge
Pool
View more hotels in Bozeman
All reviews fly fishing trout great fishing the entire staff wonderful stay bozeman area spacious rooms keith fireplace montana accommodations lodging mt
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2023

This is a restaurant review. I booked a reservation for 14 on 2-10-23 at 7pm - my son's 40th birthday. We brought in a bottle of champagne for a surprise toast after dinner. We expected to pay a corking fee (usually $15-$20). One in our party ordered over $350 worth of win with a final tab of $1,100 before tip. We always tip 25%. We took our tab to Ryan the manager and asked if he would consider waiving the $35! corking fee since we had purchased so much wine (it wasn't the money, it was the principle). Not only did he refuse, but he said, "I don't care who you are and I don't care how much money you have, I will never waive a corking fee." It was in a semi-hostile/defensive tone. I don't think I'm anybody, nor do I have a lot of money. I have been a general manager in food service as has my daughter. We couldn't believe it. If the tip hadn't gone to our server Amy (who was great) we would have deducted the $35 from his tip. We have been a fairly frequent customer and had referred this facility several times. The food is excellent, although the portions are small. Because of this experience, we will never go back nor ever refer again.

Room tip: You will likely have a good experience, but we will never be back due to our experience with Ryan, the "manager."
Date of stay: February 2023
Gallatin River Lodge, Owner at Gallatin River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2023

I am sincerely sorry that your experience here was not as you had expected to be. You can reach me at info@grlodge.com directly so we can get a chance to discuss the situation that occurred. Thank you for the review and hope to talk soon. -Valerie Mott - Lodge Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2023

Rustic lodge and nice rooms. Decided to stay here to be in a more rural area, and was reworded for that decision. Very quiet rooms. Very spacious grounds and on a pond, tho well frozen when I was there! About 15-20min from various parts of Bozeman. Polite and very helpful staff. Heard restaurant is very good, but sadly I had to meet someone for dinner elsewhere.

Room tip: Can face pond if desired. All are rural facing.
Date of stay: January 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Gallatin River Lodge, Owner at Gallatin River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2023

Thank you Kurt for your kind words. We are so happy that you loved your stay with us. I hope that someday you can return and enjoy a room and a meal. Cheers until then!

Reviewed 30 December 2022 via mobile

If you want a real Montana stay Vs. Some tourist-attraction kitsch, this is it. River bottom is the eco zone that will lure you in to a love affair with Montana.
Food is outstanding, it is quiet and secluded. Drive into town and then get outta there and see the state in all its beauty.

This is welcoming and the true last best spot in Bozeman.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Adventure66144352858

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is a truly special place and we look forward to having you joins us again in the future. Until next time!

Reviewed 29 December 2022

Everything was first class. The room, dinner, and breakfast were outstanding. The staff was extremely professional, attentive and made our stay truly memorable! My wife and I can’t wait to stay here again!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great review. We appreciate your kind words and so happy that your stay was a memorable experience.

Reviewed 18 December 2022

I’ve seen the sign for this Lodge and thought I’d like to check it out someday. This evening meeting was my chance to stay there and it did not disappoint. We had the 2 bedroom suite because my college son was flying in late in for his Christmas break. Both Bedrooms had nice mission style furnishings, warm comforters and up to date en suite bathrooms.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for the great review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with and looking forward to the next time you can join us. Cheers until next time!