Lowest prices for your stay
$348
Fully refundable before Sat, 4 May
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
HasbyT
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Had a pleasant stay when I was attending a conference
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Oct 2023
I was there while attending a conference hosted at BW Plus Grantree Inn. Overall, I had a good experience.

Hotel is definitely older hotel, but was clean when I was there. It is not a fancy hotel by all mean.

We arrived at around 1pm and it was quite hectic because there were other conference attendees arriving around the same time. But the front desk staffs were handling it as best as they could, took the phone numbers as the rooms were not ready. Got text later when the rooms were ready, but we were having lunch away from the hotel. Once there, check in was easy. So overall service was quite exceptional in my mind. They handle things well when we arrived. The following days, we asked for information, such as bars to visit in downtown Bozeman and they provided great information and services.
I had to deal with a non-stop barking dogs during one night. It is not their fault, but one hotel guest must have thought it is acceptable to leave the dogs barking about a good 15-20 mins. I called the front desk after about 5-10 minutes, and they were looking for the room with the non stop barking dog. It was actually coming from above my room (I originally thought it was from next door). They handled it and what surprising is that the room guest was actually in the room with the dog, not a dog left alone in the room. That was very rude and inconsiderate guest and can't blame the hotel for that.

Conference center and catering service
Conference center is not bad. Again, it is a fine hotel, but they did decent. And catering service is also quite decent.

Restaurant
We only have breakfast at the hotel and I would say they have quite good food there. All the breakfast we ordered were always good. They do have rather new wait staffs when we were there, so service in the restaurant was not exceptionally good, but it is ok if you are not rushing. But the food made up for the slightly less than stellar service.

Room
Room was nice and clean. The bathroom was really clean and seems to may have been renovated recently. No issue with the room. I had good sleep.

Other facilities
The fitness center was also decent. I was able to get a good workout for 3 straight mornings. It has enough equipment for simple workout and it was in clean conditions. All the equipment are in working condition.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for a simple stay. It is outside of downtown Bozeman, but there is really not that much going on in downtown Bozeman anyway. It was quite cold during the week when we were there, with 3 days of high below 30F when we were there.
Trip type: Travelled on business
    $327
2.8 km from Best Western Plus Grantree Inn
View more hotels in Bozeman
1,193 results
All reviews gran tree front desk best westerns room was clean hotel restaurant indoor pool fitness center great place to stay airport shuttle would definitely stay here again king suite first floor hot tub bozeman area staff was friendly bw conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2023

Stayed nine nights at Best Western for a conference and visit to the area. Good central location to drive into historic downtown while also adjacent the highway to drive out to Butte, Livingston and other cities and towns. The hotel easily accommodates large-size conferences with their variety of conference rooms. The in-house restaurant is a good place to eat. Good menu items for a good price. The staff is very engaging. I would visit again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 13 October 2023

The check in clerk was rude when I had asked about different rates and discounts. I then booked online like they had rudely said and they tried to increase the bill and said it was 6% room tax. 6% of $200 is not $40. The room had a sliding glass door to the dining room next to the bed. The room was outdated.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank sman477
GranTree Bozeman, Owner at Best Western Plus Grantree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2023

Thank you for the feedback. When booking online, we are unable to adjust the rate. I think the confusion may have been due to the added taxes, and the extra 8% hold for incidentals. The incidental hold goes back to your account upon checkout, assuming you haven't acquired any extra charges during your stay. My apologies for any confusion this may have caused. We do offer many different discounts to walk in costumers and phone call reservations, and these discounts should have been offered upon your arrival. Thank you for sharing your experience, and i plan to share this with staff to implement improvements. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future for a chance to provide you with a more satisfactory experience. Safe Travels.

Guest Services

Reviewed 13 October 2023

I needed a room for one night close to the airport. Since I usually stay at Best Western I decided to get a room at the Grantree Inn. The desk clerk who was being coached by a more seasoned employee stated that the rate was $300 a night. His tone and expression thinly concealed his expectation that I would decline. As a member of triple A and the Best Western programs the rate dropped to $278. This came with a card for 20% off the breakfast and a buy one get one free drink at the bar and I was cleverly booked into the handicapped accessible room (no tub).
The evening contained three banquets and inebriated guests talking in the hallway until after 2:00am.
My assessment is that there must be something special about this place that is not obvious or that the ownership doesn’t understand customer value. Any other motel in the chain would have had a rate closer to $150 and a free breakfast.
I would refer travelers anywhere else than this place. In my annual travels to Yellowstone park I will not be returning either.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
GranTree Bozeman, Owner at Best Western Plus Grantree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2023

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed 28 September 2023

We had our Security Conference here and it was great. Bubba in Conference services helped all my speakers with the technology in the room, so good at his job! Erin, Erin and Lauren in Banquet were awesome and professional in serving the lunch, breaks, et al.
Fabulous experience, love having meetings here.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
GranTree Bozeman, Owner at Best Western Plus Grantree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2023

Thank you for choosing us to host your group! I'm so glad all went well, and the staff was helpful and accommodating. I look forward to sharing this with Bubba and the banquet squad! We look forward to future visits. Until next time!

Reviewed 27 September 2023

I have never been so humiliated in my entire life!
The bartender “Bill” was extremely rude and unprofessional for literally NO REASON.

Upon attempting to order my complimentary free drink, he replies “Give me a second!”
Then says, “Yeah you did this to me the last time in the Casino!” I have never met this individual EVER in my life… never even been to this town…!

I told “Bill” I’d never been at that hotel before nor the casino (I don’t gamble) so clearly he was mistaken.

He then sloppily made the second drink which I declined and simply paid for the first.

I immediately went to the front desk and requested management.

No management was on sight so they called one on the phone.

I voiced my complaint, however, the issue is that not only was ‘Bill’ incorrect in his assumption of who I am but also EXTREMELY unprofessional. There were other patrons there and I felt as tho I was unjustly attacked & embarrassed.

I will be reporting this to this hotels corporate office and I hope to NEVER be here again!!

This hotel needs to screen its employees for personality disorders before putting them in position to deal with the public.

Room tip: Fire “Bill” immediately!!
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GranTree Bozeman, Owner at Best Western Plus Grantree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2023

Thank you for the detailed review.

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, as this is a highly unusual response for our property. We've received many accolades for our costumer service, and we set high standards for providing superb hotel hospitality. I had the pleasure of speaking with you over the phone, and was able to notify bar management immediately to ensure the situation was handled promptly. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future for a chance to provide a positive experience. If i can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out directly.

Safe Travels.