Lowest prices for your stay
Choice Privileges member rate available
patrickhQ5527SR
Phoenix, Arizona

Pleasantly surprised

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Jul 2021via mobile
I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. It was my first time staying at this brand it was very comfortable and nice. The room was large for a hotel and comfortable. The bed was the best The room was extremely clean. I will definitely stay here again
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 23 Jul 2021
Thank you for your kind comments about your stay at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bozeman. We're delighted to know that we made a favorable impression and that you enjoyed our clean, spacious accommodations. We look forward to your next visit.
Hotels.com
  • StayForLong
    $376
2.7 km from Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bozeman, MT
View more hotels in Bozeman
All reviews fire pit outback steakhouse clean rooms place to stay other hotels nice breakfast yellowstone costco downtown fireplace
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 June 2021

I generally don't leave reviews, especially negative ones. However, I feel like this hotel is not accurately represented in its online reviews. We were booked here in early June for one night after a late evening flight arrival in Bozeman. We wanted to stay overnight in Bozeman before departing for Yellowstone and eventually Jackson Hole, the following day.

Given the price point, I did not expect a luxury resort experience. However, the reviews did appear to represent a clean and relatively new hotel (which was all we needed for a one night stay). Unfortunately, in my opinion (which I recognize can vary widely between individuals), the hotel did not live up to that expectation.

Upon arrival, I noticed the parking lot was remarkably empty (especially given the nearly overflowing parking lots of the two neighboring hotels). I am generally a little wary of this situation both in restaurants and hotels. When I entered, the lobby rug and furnishings appeared a bit tired, but nothing extreme. The front desk clerk was friendly and I gathered my family and we headed up to our room. On both the 1st and 3rd floor, I noticed multiple areas of bleach stains on the hallway carpet and some visible dirt. I wasn't too concerned as it was late in the day and I assumed housekeeping had vacuumed early and the dirt was courtesy of the guests in the interim.

However, when we entered our room, there was a fairly overwhelming musty smell (even my 7 and 9 year olds noticed), the carpet was visibly dirty, there was weird chalkly substances on the bedskirt of both beds, and the duvet was strangely lumpy on both beds. After closer inspection, there was a significant amount of hair around the base of the mattress and petrified gummy snacks on the floor. The bathroom, however, was perfectly clean. I went to the front desk and the young lady immediately offered to change our room which we did. Unfortunately, our second room although much improved (smelled fresh, carpet was improved but not entirely clean, again perfectly clean bathroom) still fell a bit short with the same chalk substance on the bedskirts, lumpy bed linens, and dirt on the carpet.

I think it is important to recognize that perhaps my expectations for this class of hotel were just too high. To be clear, it wasn't "filthy" by any stretch, but I also wouldn't call it "sparkling clean". Ultimately, we decided that staying in this hotel for our first night of what we hoped would be a "Vacation of a lifetime" for our kids, wasn't the start we wanted. We were able to move down an exit to a much nicer, cleaner, (and admittedly significantly more expensive) hotel. Because I had booked through an online 3rd party, the young lady at the front desk (who garners nothing but praise for her professionalism and courtesy) was unable to issue me a refund. I ultimately chose not to file a complaint with the 3rd party (Orbitz) for a variety of reasons (I didn't want to waste valuable vacation time on the phone, I felt that it was unfair to the hotel, and I take a large portion of the blame for making a poor choice for OUR family).

This hotel might be a great fit for some travelers (it would have suited my parents just fine, they are significantly less picky than I am). It's location was good and I had good service. It was not a good fit for our family since we really expect a very high level of cleanliness. I just felt like my perspective might save other travels from a similar "rough start" to their western vacation.

Date of stay: June 2021
General Manager, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bozeman, MT, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2021

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are sorry for not meeting your expectations. Your constructive comments are gratefully received and we wish you all the best as your travels continue.

Reviewed 10 June 2021

This is a very nice hotel. The hotel is newer and very comfortable. The front desk staff and breakfast staff were friendly. Its location near the freeway is convenient. We also took advantage of the Outback Restaurant in the parking lot. We would certainly return, if the need should arise.

Date of stay: May 2021
General Manager, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bozeman, MT, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2021

Dear John,
We are ecstatic that you consider us to be a great choice for lodging in Bozeman! Providing all the comforts of home is what we do best, and we're thrilled that you would choose us again if the need arises. We're looking forward to seeing you again someday at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bozeman!

Reviewed 5 November 2020 via mobile

Hotel was clean and quiet and updated.
COVID safe breakfast & coffee served (hot and to go).
Staff happy to accommodate needs.
Convenient to Bozeman and travel necessities. Yes to surrounding mountain range. Immediate access to I 90.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bozeman, MT, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2020

On behalf of our entire team at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bozeman, thank you for the fantastic review. We're delighted that you enjoyed your weekend getaway with us, and we truly appreciate the five-star rating. From our clean, cozy rooms to our warm hospitality, you can always count on us for a wonderful stay. We hope that your travels bring you back to Bozeman again soon because we're looking forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 31 October 2020

The hotel was in a great location. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The business accommodations were great, I highly recommend this property for anybody traveling on business or leisure.

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
General Manager, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bozeman, MT, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2020

Our friendly staff works hard to ensure all our guests have everything they need and will be proud you appreciated their kind assistance. It's also great to know that our clean, comfortable rooms provided you with the ideal place to rest and that our location worked well for your needs. Thank you for your kind words and recommendation! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

Hotel staff was wonderful and extreme helpful! We had no reservation and they were still happy to get us a room. Room was very clean and comfortable. The kids loved the pool! We would stay again in a heart beat!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bozeman, MT, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2020

Thank you for the perfect rating! Our team enjoyed welcoming you and we are glad our accommodations were pleasing along with the pool. For another excellent stay in town, trust in us again!