Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Bonvoy member rate available
Christine M
Encinitas, California

Dirty linens

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Jun 2022via mobile
The positives: located across from restaurants and a mall in a beautiful town. Family and dog friendly set up. Kitchenette in room is always a plus.

The negatives: overall, the furnishings are a bit tired. Mostly I don’t care about that. However, when I went to pull out the sofa bed for our son, someone’s dirty sheets were still on it. The underlying mattress was stained and bowed in the middle. I removed the sheets and called the front desk.

Second, the floors seem quite thin. Upstairs neighbors have sounded like they are moving furniture since we arrived.

Usually I am a fan of Residence Inns. This one is a miss. Next time we’re in Bozeman we’ll stay elsewhere.
Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded 25 Apr 2023
Dear F4147Qlchristinem,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We're pleased to hear that you found our location convenient and enjoyed the family and dog-friendly setup of our hotel, as well as the added convenience of having a kitchenette in your room.

However, we apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We're sorry that the furnishings in your room were tired and that the sofa bed had someone's dirty sheets still on it. We take cleanliness very seriously, and we're sorry that we fell short in this area. We have addressed this with our housekeeping team to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

We're also sorry to hear that the floors seemed thin and that you were disturbed by noise from the upstairs neighbors. We understand the importance of a good night's sleep, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to identify areas where we can improve. We're sorry that your stay with us was not up to your expectations, and we understand your decision to stay elsewhere on your next visit to Bozeman.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and provide you with a better experience.
$529
  • Choice Hotels
    $425
0.3 km from Residence Inn by Marriott Bozeman
View more hotels in Bozeman
All reviews would stay here again stayed one night target inns costco yellowstone computers downtown kitchenette msu
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2022

Stayed here on a cross country move. This is an EXCELLENT hotel. I would return definitely. I had booked with points as a gold elite and received an upgrade to a 1BR suite. breakfast was decent. bed and shower were good. I was able to see the mountains from my window. hotel was quiet when I was there so I slept well. I wanted a room near where I parked my trailer and the front desk attendant was able to satisfy this request. Thank you!

Date of stay: June 2022
Hotel Management, Other at Residence Inn by Marriott Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2023

Dear Winning1,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We're thrilled to hear that you found our hotel to be excellent and that you would definitely return in the future.

We're pleased that as a Gold Elite member, you were upgraded to an one bedroom suite and that you enjoyed the breakfast that we offer. We're also delighted that you found the bed and shower to be comfortable and that you were able to see the beautiful mountains from your window. It's great to know that you slept well and found the hotel to be quiet during your stay.

We're happy to hear that our front desk attendant was able to satisfy your request for a room near where you parked your trailer. Providing exceptional customer service is a top priority for us, and we're pleased to hear that we were able to meet your needs.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your cross-country move, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 February 2022

Hotel itself was very nice, but if you are a federal employee be careful staying here. They refused my tax exempt form since a government issued credit card was not used. My office does not have issued credit cards, and neither does any of the surrounding offices. Despite having the form filled out and on hand along with my federal ID I was told that I might was well chuck them into the shredder.

Date of stay: February 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank cynpeterson

Dear Cynpeterson,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We're glad to hear that you found the hotel itself to be very nice. However, we are sorry to hear about the issues you faced with our tax-exemption policy.

Please know that we take all concerns from our guests seriously and we apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. Our policy is in place to ensure compliance with state and local tax laws, and while we make every effort to accommodate our guests, we also have a responsibility to follow the guidelines and rules set by the authorities.

We apologize for any frustration or inconvenience that you experienced as a federal employee trying to use your tax exempt form. We will be sure to review our policy and procedures regarding this matter to ensure that we can accommodate our guests in the best possible way in the future.

We hope you will give us another chance in the future, and we thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 12 October 2021

The hotel looks brand new and is very nice. The pool area is nice and includes a jacuzzi. That is something I definitely want. The breakfast was very plentiful and is a standard at the Residence Inn hotels. For a lot cheaper you can stay out of the downtown area and have convenience to everything in Bozeman. If you want to go downtown, there is free parking to do so and save a few hundred dollars a night by staying here.

Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank plezzka L
Reviewed 3 October 2021

I had read that the Residence Inn was “dated” but honestly, I found it to be in excellent condition and the customer service was very good. Our room was clean and updated - what I expect from a nice, small town hotel. The kitchen was clean and well equipped and it was nice to have a full sized fridge. The bathrooms aren’t spectacular but are clean. The breakfast was provided and was generally pretty good. There was a nice happy hour with cookies and milk Monday - Wednesday. I have no idea why they have nothing on the other days. We had a family emergency and had to leave a day early and they were very understanding and didn’t charge me for the additional day. I have no idea why hotel prices are so high in Bozeman but I had no problem with the Residence Inn near the airport.

Date of stay: September 2021
2  Thank ECSSBA
Reviewed 26 September 2021 via mobile

The Good:
First, the hotel staff is very pleasant and helpful. Lobby area is nice and they put out a good breakfast with some variety if you stay for several days.
Nice gym and pool area and lots of restaurants close by.
Downtown is about 2 miles and it’s a good launching point for the national parks.

The Bad:
The bad has to do with the hotel construction. We stayed 4 nights on the 3rd floor.
The floors are so weak that we could hear the guest above us walking around all of time. It seemed like regular walking as opposed to heavy steps. We did not get a good nights sleep one single night because of that noise alone, Add in an air conditioner that sounded like a 18 wheeler idling when it came on. It rumbled very loudly.
Only two washing machines in a larger hotel with lots of folks who probably want to use them after hiking. I had to make 4 trips before I was able to use one.
Finally, the couch in the room was really dirty. We put a sheet over it so we could sit on it.

Conclusion:
I would stay here again, but openly if I was sure I could get a top floor room and test the HVAC to know if I could sleep. That said, not being able to check that out beforehand would be a show stopper for me.

Room tip: Insist on the top floor and check the HVAC sound levels before you stay in a room here.
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tim H