Lowest prices for your stay
$621
Breakfast included
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
cynpeterson
new town, nd

Federal employees beware

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Feb 2022
Hotel itself was very nice, but if you are a federal employee be careful staying here. They refused my tax exempt form since a government issued credit card was not used. My office does not have issued credit cards, and neither does any of the surrounding offices. Despite having the form filled out and on hand along with my federal ID I was told that I might was well chuck them into the shredder.
Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
2.0 of 5 bubblesService
Hotel Management, Other at Residence Inn by Marriott Bozeman, responded to this review
Responded 25 Apr 2023
Dear Cynpeterson,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We're glad to hear that you found the hotel itself to be very nice. However, we are sorry to hear about the issues you faced with our tax-exemption policy.

Please know that we take all concerns from our guests seriously and we apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. Our policy is in place to ensure compliance with state and local tax laws, and while we make every effort to accommodate our guests, we also have a responsibility to follow the guidelines and rules set by the authorities.

We apologize for any frustration or inconvenience that you experienced as a federal employee trying to use your tax exempt form. We will be sure to review our policy and procedures regarding this matter to ensure that we can accommodate our guests in the best possible way in the future.

We hope you will give us another chance in the future, and we thank you for choosing to stay with us.
$465
    $379
    $399
2.5 km from Residence Inn by Marriott Bozeman
View more hotels in Bozeman
All reviews would stay here again stayed one night target inns costco yellowstone computers downtown kitchenette msu
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2021

The hotel looks brand new and is very nice. The pool area is nice and includes a jacuzzi. That is something I definitely want. The breakfast was very plentiful and is a standard at the Residence Inn hotels. For a lot cheaper you can stay out of the downtown area and have convenience to everything in Bozeman. If you want to go downtown, there is free parking to do so and save a few hundred dollars a night by staying here.

Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank plezzka L
Reviewed 3 October 2021

I had read that the Residence Inn was “dated” but honestly, I found it to be in excellent condition and the customer service was very good. Our room was clean and updated - what I expect from a nice, small town hotel. The kitchen was clean and well equipped and it was nice to have a full sized fridge. The bathrooms aren’t spectacular but are clean. The breakfast was provided and was generally pretty good. There was a nice happy hour with cookies and milk Monday - Wednesday. I have no idea why they have nothing on the other days. We had a family emergency and had to leave a day early and they were very understanding and didn’t charge me for the additional day. I have no idea why hotel prices are so high in Bozeman but I had no problem with the Residence Inn near the airport.

2  Thank ECSSBA
Reviewed 26 September 2021 via mobile

The Good:
First, the hotel staff is very pleasant and helpful. Lobby area is nice and they put out a good breakfast with some variety if you stay for several days.
Nice gym and pool area and lots of restaurants close by.
Downtown is about 2 miles and it’s a good launching point for the national parks.

The Bad:
The bad has to do with the hotel construction. We stayed 4 nights on the 3rd floor.
The floors are so weak that we could hear the guest above us walking around all of time. It seemed like regular walking as opposed to heavy steps. We did not get a good nights sleep one single night because of that noise alone, Add in an air conditioner that sounded like a 18 wheeler idling when it came on. It rumbled very loudly.
Only two washing machines in a larger hotel with lots of folks who probably want to use them after hiking. I had to make 4 trips before I was able to use one.
Finally, the couch in the room was really dirty. We put a sheet over it so we could sit on it.

Conclusion:
I would stay here again, but openly if I was sure I could get a top floor room and test the HVAC to know if I could sleep. That said, not being able to check that out beforehand would be a show stopper for me.

Room tip: Insist on the top floor and check the HVAC sound levels before you stay in a room here.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tim H
Reviewed 22 September 2021 via mobile

After 10 days of hiking and visiting the national parks, we stayed in this Residence Inn. What a treat!! Amazing accommodations-great water pressure, super comfy bed, delicious food and super clean! The staff is friendly and welcoming. I highly recommend staying here.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2021

Upon arrival and greeting, I received the most Professional & Hospitable review of my reservation requests, i.e., room location, etc. The desk attendant read my requests out loud. Then she said, I have one room that meets your requests on the third floor or you can wait for a fourth floor room. She said the #317 has a good view of the mountain; which it did.
As a traveler, this was a very pleasant experience. The room was nice. In Bozeman the train(s) are audible everywhere. I do not believe it can avoided easily.
If every hotel greeted clients like this they would have endless repeat business. It was very reassuring that my requests had been noted & acted upon.

Room tip: For me, I wanted a non-pet room, upper floor, quiet. I believe that is what I got.