Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Explorer617169
Melbourne, Australia

Motel Stinks but Awesome staff

Review of Motel 6 Bozeman
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Aug 2019
I feel bad writing such a terrible review because all of the staff here were incredible and went out of their way to try to make us happy. It's not their fault that the place reeks to the high heavens and the bed sheets are so old they are rough and bally with holes. The place itself was a dive with a delightful view of the cemetery. I checked out a day early because I couldn't stand it. It's the 2nd time I've stayed at a Motel 6. The other one was a dive too. It's a shame because the people whi work there were amongst the lovliest hotel staff Ive ever met in all my travels.
Date of stay: August 2019
motel6bozeman, Manager at Motel 6 Bozeman, responded to this review
Responded 22 Aug 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay with us. We strive to provide a superior guest experience and valuable guest feedback helps us determine how well we are delivering on that commitment.
I have reviewed your comments and concerns, and I want to assure you that they are appreciated and valued; and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
The Guest Experience Team

• Algotels
    $288
0.1 km from Motel 6 Bozeman
View more hotels in Bozeman
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2019

We were looking for a place for the night and this place provided it!! It was easy to ge to, the parking lot was secure parking with lighted lot. rooms were nice, clean. We wiould recommend it to anyone traveling.

Date of stay: July 2019
motel6bozeman, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2019

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as recognition and encouragement as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.

The Guest Experience Team

Reviewed 15 May 2019 via mobile

The room was decent and clean. I booked using booking.com. Book directly with the property it's cheaper! The staff were a delight! We needed an iron but they couldn't find one. They offered to go grab one from another motel! Within minutes they brought an iron and ironing board to our room. The inside of the hotel is very inviting and looks nothing like a typical motel 6. I only have two complaints. Drunks wandering the property which staff tried to address and the hot tub was down. We would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2019

Hi Connie,
Thank you for sharing your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Until the next time, We’ll Leave the Light on For You!

Reviewed 13 May 2019

3rd time overall dealing with this property, and probably my last time. I made a reservation on the morning of 5/2/19 for a one-night stay for $79.99, and specifically put a note in the reservation that I would be arriving late, possibly between 10:00 PM-12:00 AM. I was traveling from Kennewick, WA to Bozeman via I-90 E. For anyone ever traveling this route, they'll tell you that there are enough mountains and desolate areas to block your cell phone signal.

Turns out that this property called me late in the evening close to 10:00 PM to say that they were cancelling my reservation. I had one missed call, and one voice mail from this property from Danielle the front desk agent. In indicating to Danielle that it was unacceptable to cancel a reservation that I specifically gave the time of arrival for (her reason was that my credit card declined), she mentioned that there was nothing that she could do about it. She noted that this was the decision of her general manager.

After indicating to Danielle that I absolutely refuse to sleep in my car amidst the cold nightly temperatures of Bozeman (25-30 degrees in early May), Danielle at least attempted assisting me find other accommodations. She called other properties, ultimately finding the Bozeman Inn. She indicated that she secured a rate lower than the $79.99 reservation I made with Motel 6 (which was ultimately inaccurate, given that the Bozeman Inn wanted $89.99).

I wound up delaying my travel in Butte just to have a better signal to speak to Danielle, and conveyed how disappointed I was in this entire process. I indicated to her that if Motel 6 wanted to charge my credit card PRIOR to my arrival (something no property has ever done), they should have called me several hours during the day when I originally made the reservation 11-12 hours earlier. Danielle conveyed that the general manager would probably "take care" of my expense with the Bozeman Inn, yet this never happened. I called several days later and spoke to an another manager named Corey, who pretty much snickered on the phone by saying that the Motel 6 would offer only 30% off of my next stay. I asked Corey if the owners meant either this property or any other Motel 6 property nationwide, and he said that he would get back to me. Manager Corey never did attempt to get back to me.

What's really interesting is that the same credit card that the Motel 6 said declined for whatever reason turned out to be the same card that I used for the Bozeman Inn that night, as well as an additional Motel 6 several days later in Denver, CO through the exact same My6 reservation system. Further, I discovered later on that since this was graduation weekend for Montana State students, this property planned on charging patrons in excess of $300.00 per night over the duration of the weekend. It was clearly obvious to me that this property had no intention of honoring my $79.99 reservation from the beginning, nor plan on honoring what either their front desk manager Danielle had originally stated, much less manager Corey conveyed.

With possible exception to Danielle, this may be one of the most unprofessional & unethical hotel management operations that I've ever experienced. While this may be a very clean property that is convenient to the traveler, I would consider another alternative if staying here. Its probable that they'll leave you out in the cold like they did me on 5/2/19.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank NoReservationsEric
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2019

Hi Traveler,

Thank you for sharing your review. we would like to apologize for the inconvenience or misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to your reservations issues. We would like to discuss your experience with you further, and ask that you reach out to our Guest Relations Team by using the Contact Us feature at www.motel6.com.

Reviewed 13 May 2019 via mobile

It was easy to check in and out. The bed was fairly comfortable, but the pillows were too small for just one and too large for two. There was no microwave, fridge, alarm clock, or hair dryer in our room. I'd say of its important to you, pay the 7 extra dollars for the fridge and microwave. I don't know if other rooms have the clock or hair dryer.

The room was nice, large and looked nice. There is no free breakfast, but they have a pool and hot tub (but the hot tub wasn't filled during our stay).

They do allow pets, if this bothers you, don't stay here. It didnt bother us. It did smell like weed when we first walked in, but reading other reviews, maybe that was just wet dog?

Hi Shannon,

We are glad you had a great experience and appreciate your feedback! We look forward to providing you with all of your future lodging needs.

Reviewed 12 April 2019 via mobile

The worst place ever to stay.. Came with family and all I saw was a lot of prostitution and drug exchande. Rooms disgusting. When i reported to the front desk they were extremely rude and didn't care.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sara J

Hi Sara,

We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us, and we apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. We hope for the opportunity to improve your experience with us. Please visit again.