“Disappointing second visit”

20:00
Ranked #35 of 287 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Casual, elevated steakhouse with upmarket dishes & desserts, plus craft cocktails & outdoor seating. Take-out alcoholic beverages provided * Spirits, cocktails, wine, and beer at menu price! Please see our website for take-out beverage prices and selections. Cheers!
Reviewed 28 November 2021

The last time we ate here it was excellent and we looked forward to returning. While the place is still very nice with great service and cocktails, our food was disappointing. Shortrib special was hardly edible and my steak was tough. Maybe next time we will just have cocktails. I hope this experience was a matter of making bad menu choices....

Date of visit: November 2021

Reviewed 17 October 2021 via mobile

I felt very welcomed by the servers at the bar. Since I came in alone their conversation made me feel welcome! The drinks and food are outstanding! I had the cheeseburger and I highly recommend it!

Date of visit: October 2021
1  Thank sipriceisright
Reviewed 3 October 2021

Our waitress, the elderly lady, was SO RUDE, and literally threw our food at us. Then my son's steak was over cooked so she grabbed it angrily and sent it back. Then the manager came over and we showed him my burnt hamburger bun and overcooked hamburger and he didn't even offer to replace it!!! He did comp the meals though, it was that BAD! And they were out of everything we came for! No Rib Eye, no Bone Marrow and this is supposed to be the best meat restaurant in Bozeman? I think not! We will not be back here, ever!!! And the manager had an attitude at the end too when we ordered a dessert. Bad food, bad service, bad attitude. We figured they just hate tourists.

Date of visit: October 2021
Reviewed 22 September 2021

We don't live in Bozeman but visit fairly often so we tend to rely heavily on reviews on new spots when choosing a restaurant. I struggle to see what other reviews have seen in this restaurant. It is spacious on the airplane hanger scale with all of the noise one would expect in street market and absolutely no atmosphere whatsoever.
The food is plentiful - that is the only plus that I can think of - it is poorly prepared, sloppily served and very expensive.

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 2 August 2021

Another amazing restaurant in Bozeman which is hard to believe that such a small town can have this many eateries at such a high level of quality and service. Open Range has it all. Right on Main Street, great design, a brilliant composed plate and a la carte menu, and A/C!

Date of visit: July 2021