“Steak was good, value was not. ”
Review of Open range

Open range
Reserve a table
Thu, 18/07
20:00
Ranked #35 of 287 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Casual, elevated steakhouse with upmarket dishes & desserts, plus craft cocktails & outdoor seating. Take-out alcoholic beverages provided * Spirits, cocktails, wine, and beer at menu price! Please see our website for take-out beverage prices and selections. Cheers!
Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

Went here while in the area for work. The atmosphere is very nice and kept up well. Our waitstaff was pleasant enough when they came around, which wasn’t very often.

The food was very expensive and if you order steak it’s just the steak. Everything else is a la carte. I ordered the 16oz ribeye and roasted carrots. Others in my group ordered the same and the cheeseburger with fries and Mac and cheese. My ribeye was very good, the only complaint is that it was about 1/4 of just fat, others in my group had the same issue. The cheeseburger was delicious. The roasted carrots were awful, and most were burnt. The French fries were so over salted that it nearly made you gag to eat them.

Overall, I’d say give them a shot but just be prepared to send your food back if it’s not done properly. The cost is way too high for what the quality they are putting out.

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank Ryan L

Reviewed 19 March 2021 via mobile

Really expensive but a great meal. Our son wanted a steak dinner for his birthday while we were in town and we chose Open Range. We knew the prices going in, so there was no sticker shock. We ordered a rib eye, bison strip, tenderloin, and maybe the best piece of meat I’ve ever had, a wagyu coulette. All great. Sides were good and our waiter was very attentive. Complimentary dessert for our son’s birthday was a nice touch.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 17 March 2021 via mobile

Great steaks and great bourbon. What more could you ask for? The Ribeye steak was excellent and prepared to perfection. Sides of asparagus and fries were equally tasty. I just may have found my new favorite restaurant in Bozeman!

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank dont26
Reviewed 10 January 2021

$43 rib eye steak, $34 pork chop? Yep. Because (drum roll) it's in Bozeman, MT. But you won't be disappointed. You folks who want to know what local Montanans eat? Beef and potatoes, that's what. God's gift to mankind. And this beef is melt in your mouth good. So are those potatoes, spelled with or without the "e" on the end. I had the fisherman's delight: a trout broiled over an alder wood fire with some rosemary branches thrown in. What flavor! You won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank TheTrudeman
Reviewed 26 November 2020

We had ribeye, trout and filet. They were some of the finest foods we've had in Bozeman. The atmosphere was great and the service was very good. I plan to return on my next trip to the area and strongly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2020