Lowest prices for your stay
$248
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Elizabeth P
Baltimore, Maryland

Hard to know what to say but it is not all bad!

Review of Bozeman Inn
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Aug 2019
Driving up in front if the Bozeman Inn, there were people hanging out over balconies, people getting their evening smokes in and who knows what else.

It is not a very prepossessing place. Two stories of rickety balconies from days gone by are a wee bit off putting.

However, the rooms are immaculate and larger than many budget hotels. There is a fridge and a microwave and they do not charge extra for them. The bathrooms have been kept in great shape, very clean.

There is an air conditioner in the window and it rivaled a 747 coming in for a landing. But don’t try to escape the noise by hiding under the covers because the blanket is the thickness of a dog pee pad. Clean sheets but I do not think those bedspreads have been made for decades so you decide what that means!

So for us, they were fine. We were driving across country marathon style and tooled in late and out early. The price was low and we got what we paid for
Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bozeman I, General Manager at Bozeman Inn, responded to this review
Responded 16 Aug 2019
Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for staying with us.

We have been steadily updating the property and will continue to do so. We work hard to ensure that all rooms are kept in great shape and and are immaculately clean, so we are glad that you found the room to be clean and comfortable.

We apologize that you found the AC to be so loud. We are installing all new AC units currently.

We hope that you have an excellent rest of your summer!
$496
    $424
  • Priceline
3.1 km from Bozeman Inn
View more hotels in Bozeman
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2019

Good location. Room was fine. Clean and all supplies were there. They accomodated my needs (wheelchair) very well. Parking had good handicapped access. We were lucky to get this room because the Fair was in full swing.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Bozeman I, General Manager at Bozeman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2019

Hello Pat,

Thank you for staying with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Reviewed 24 June 2019

I originally booked a hotel in Bozeman for one night in May 2019, yet this particularly hotel/motel (won't divulge the name) cancelled my reservation at the last minute while I was traveling I-90 from Spokane, WA. The Bozeman Inn stepped in during a time when rooms throughout town were booking up fast due to Montana State's 2019 graduation ceremonies.

I arrived at the Bozeman Inn at around 1:30 AM. The middle-aged night manager (formerly of Utah and Texas) was absolutely hilarious, regaling me in stories of crazy guests, and buses that arrive in the middle of the night to drop off drunk Canadians and other Yellowstone tourists. Though tired, I absolutely didn't mind listening to him for 30-40 minutes longer. The room that he gave me was a few rooms to the left of the front office on the first floor, and had this old school type of key to use. The room rate on this night was $79.99, which was a bargain since the rate would be in the $200s or so the following night due to the aforementioned Montana State graduation + Yellowstone tourist season.

The room was pretty standard, yet seemed to have been renovated within the last year or so. Carpet was a light emerald and slightly plush, and without any odors or stains. The queen bed had very clean sheets, and although somewhat soft, was exactly what I needed to sleep. Everything else in the room was fairly standard. Even in being on the first floor, I hardly heard any noises from outside of room.

Overall, not bad, considering that this was an absolute last minute stay. The other alternative was in me possibly staying in either Belgrade, or Livingston. I had a 9:00 AM business appointment that morning, and I wanted to make it on time. The Bozeman Inn helped me accomplish such by accommodating me with a clean environment, and reasonable rate.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank NoReservationsEric
Bozeman I, General Manager at Bozeman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2019

Hello Eric,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Enjoy your summer!

Reviewed 30 May 2019

Yesterday there qas a family emergency that my family and I went thru causing us to lose a vehicle near livingston mt and having find transport into Bozeman. Last minute late night check in to Bozeman inn off the 7th ave exit. Paid for two rooms to accomidate everyone and the next day extension for our room and anither paid night on the other. Before check out a woman unknown entered our room in 265 asking us who we were and our plans to wether we planned on leaving yet and we had already visited the office and made our arraingments paying for the already occupied room anither night in 260. The lady promptly left never introducing herself. We ran the needed errands thanks to a friend who was visiting bozeman already and at noon moved our items into the ither room. Kept handling the things needed in order to get back to billings and around 2 got a call from our son who was very upset saying a lady with blond hair heavy set walked into our room without knocking and speaking very rudely to him off the bat saying she wanted him to know whoever was in the now empty room was being charged 150 dollars for smoking. And said we had till 5 to check out knowing already since i informed the check in staff of our issue. We had 4 minors and a baby with us. My wife went to the office and spoke with the clerk and informed her that there was no smoking done and needed the evidence and the clerk was unsure as to that evidence. Called the manager to ask her of this and the evidence was some fragments of ashes dropoed from a cigar that was burnt outside and put out then placed on the table. She showed the clerk this cigar and said if someone smoked it be a cigar smell that wouldnt go away so quickly. Staff admitted there was no smells of any kind. Then manager proceeded to call me a perverted stalker creeper for peaking into my kids window at some point checking to see why they didnt answer and another time I was a bit confused at which was the right room and ended up walking into a room by accident. My wife didnt know of these things as they were very accident or in a parental view responsible for making sure the kids were there. Talking teens. Sshe tried explaining to the manager that she didnt see this nor did she ever believe i was a perverted creep and the manager called my wife a liar. I let my wife deal with her and my wife whom validated to feel offended remained cool in conduct. She stood her ground a told the manager weve done nothing wrong and the manager told my wife she was refunding her money amd we were to immediately get out. Upon asking why the manager rudely told my wife if we didnt she would call the police. My wife complied and told the manager she would like the owners or higher managements name and the manager said she didnt have to give that info and wouldnt. It was none of my wifes business so my wife told her ok and shed speak with them later. I was confused as to why we had to promptly leave because prior to my wife speaking with them they told us we had till 5 pm to get out and we better be out no later or me and my kids were going to jail for tressapassing. None of this ordeal makea any sense and the manager told my wife i was a safety liability to the hotel and guests then said it was for my own safety we leave. That sounds like a threat right? And the issue if the fragments of ashes were the other reason. Its against the law to place personal items down ? We all left checked into holiday inn and were visited by 2 officers and explained our situation and they told us the manager called and said we kicked in an airconditioner in which case they had called them before my wife even made it upstairs to tell us to pack up. Nothing about this seems right or just and comes from no stable place or facts. She simply picked on the Mexican family trying to buy a vehicle to get home. How embarrassing and my wife has been in complete anxiety ridden state since then .She suffers from several disorders of which was made known upon checking In already. Some serious factors and I will make sure she ia held accountable for disrupting our privacy and our peace while we maintained conduct manners and compliance. A two star hotel being run by 2 star low class management. Steer clear and i hope no one is dumb enough to waste there money here!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Bozeman I, General Manager at Bozeman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2019

Hello Ben,

We apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay with us, however, it is our responsibility to ensure that all guests staying with us are safe. This includes your safety as well.

Management and housekeeping staff saw you looking into numerous windows of both occupied and unoccupied rooms. We also witnessed you walk into rooms that you had not rented. It is easy to forget which room you are staying in, but that is why we have staff to assist with this. You were more then welcome to come to the desk to ask which room you were staying in, but walking into random rooms and peering in other guest's windows while you are drunk is not the solution to this issue.

When management attempted to talk with you regarding this, you were clearly under the influence of alcohol (even your wife told our staff numerous times that her "husband is drunk and does not know what he is doing") and were not entirely aware of your surroundings or what you were doing. It was for this reason that you were asked to leave the property.

This situation had absolutely nothing to do with race; rather, it had to do with the fact that you were drunk, unaware of which room you were even staying in, and you were peering into other guest's rooms. These are the reasons that you were asked to leave.

Reviewed 4 April 2019

DON'T STAY HERE!!!
I stayed here March 28th, and when I walked in the room it SMELLED absolutely disgusting. We were exhausted from moving and got in late and left early in the morning. My son and I were in the room a total of about 6 hours. We were absolutely disgusted by the beds, bath, and especially the smell of the room. The next day, we both started sneezing on our travels back home, itchy watery eyes, and nose running. I know it was from the smell of something rotting in the carpet of this room. I Called the owner Yurok, and he would not talk with me but claimed there is nothing wrong and would do absolutely nothing about it. DON'T STAY HERE if you want to stay healthy!!!!

Room tip: Room 140 had issues
Date of stay: March 2019
1  Thank BigALfoco
Bozeman I, General Manager at Bozeman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2019

Hello Alan,

The room you stayed in has been checked by management, maintenance, and housekeeping and no smell whatsoever has been found. This room, along with all of our other guest rooms, has new bathroom tiles, toilets, sinks, and granite vanity tops.

Our records show that you checked in at 6:10PM on March 28th 2019, but that you didn't check out at the desk. Never during the period of your stay did you mention any problem with the room. Had you mentioned any issue with the room, our staff would have been happy to accommodate your needs by moving you to another room or refunding your money so you could stay somewhere else, but we never heard anything from you until you called on March 29th.

However, you did not call until 7PM March 29th (at least 8 hours after you checked out or longer if you really did only stay 6 hours) to mention that you had been "sneezing" and "gotten the sniffles" on your drive home. You threatened to call the health department if you were not given a full refund. This room has been occupied every night since you checked out and there has not been a single complaint. Also, our maintenance team spent hours in that room the following day and they have reported no such symptoms.

The report of something smelling as though it is "rotting" in the room is simply not there.

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Terrible management and customer service! They will kick you out of your room in the middle of the night even if fully paid for the week. Dirty rooms. Lights phones and tubs don't work. Stained bedding etc.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Bozeman I, General Manager at Bozeman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Hello Todd,

I am responding to this review because you forgot to include some details regarding your stay. You complained of stained bedding and the bathtub not having a stopper and requested to be moved. We thoroughly checked the room and found that all lights and the phone were working perfectly. We also checked the bedding and found no stains. Your girlfriend called and emailed the property numerous times and was very hostile towards our staff. As a result of this, we asked you to leave. We gave you a full refund even for a night that you should have been charged for considering you didn't check out until 11:30PM.

Have a great week,