Lowest prices for your stay
$511
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Andy M
Ronan, Montana

AC Marriott Bozeman

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Oct 2022
The hotel is beautifully set up and comfortable. I enjoyed the workout room complete with peloton bikes. At check out, Jose was very friendly, especially for it being so early. It was a great stay and I would love to stay again.
Trip type: Travelled solo
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 20 Jun 2023
Hi W4098CEandym,

We're very happy your stay was so comfortable and thank you for the review! While our response may not be super timely, we have been recently building our new leadership team and wanted to ensure we got back to anyone who wrote a review during our first year of opening. We would love to see you again next time your travels may bring you down to Bozeman. Thanks again for sharing feedback. See you soon!

Erica and the tema
  • Wyndham
    $242
2.2 km from AC Hotel by Marriott Bozeman Downtown
View more hotels in Bozeman
All reviews rooftop bar valet service flight crew delicious pizza fun things to do front desk perfect location valet parking top floor fantastic hotel very nice stay hotel is located business trip matt basel luggage shuttle
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 October 2022

Jose at valet was great! Got my car super quick! Hotel was very clean and modern with quick check in also. Bed was comfy and I slept great. Lots of good restaurants and bars with in walking distance.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Erica Olenick, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Bozeman Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2023

Dear X9802XEjohnh,

We're so grateful for your review and positive feedback! Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We hope to see you again next time you're in Bozeman and our team will be ready to take care of you from arrival through departure. Take care and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2022

This is a nice hotel that is walkable to Main Street in downtown Bozeman. You can also hike Pete’s Hill on foot from the hotel and eat/drink at many places.

Breakfast to order with a great selection, and good service. Definitely what you’d expect from a Marriott.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi travelingr0cks,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your October stay with us. We really appreciate you taking the time! We're glad to hear you felt our hotel lived the Marriott standards. We've now transitioned to a new leadership team and we are committed to an above-and-beyond experience that I can guarantee we will provide if you should stay with us again next time you're in town! Please feel free to reach out to me directly next time you are traveling to Downtown Bozeman. We'd love to have the opportunity to accommodate you again! Have a great summer.

Erica and the AC Hotel Bozeman Downtown team

Reviewed 7 October 2022

I made a reservation here at the end of a Montana road trip. I left without spending the night.

The room I received was filthy. Dog hair on sofa and throw carpeting; hair, debris and dust on nightstands; hair and stains on bedding; no pillowcase protectors; hair on toilet seat and under toilet seat; and hair on the vanity. The pillows were also the wrong type from was what was specified on the room reservation and confirmed in advance.

I complained. Turns out the general manager was working the front desk because there are no other staff. He assured me that the room would be clean and these issues would be corrected. I went for a walk and checked out Bozeman. I trusted the GM that the things that should have been done would be done.

When I came back, the room wasn't properly serviced and the issues weren't corrected. He apologized again. This time he said he would find one of the nonexistent staffers to work the front desk while he personally cleaned and serviced the room. So I gave him yet another chance.

I was going to have drinks and dinner at the hotel, but the lobby bar has no real food and it was completely devoid of any customers. I went to the rooftop restaurant and found basically only pizzas -- that's it. There were a few customers there but it was still the quietest restaurant of any restaurant I saw during my three nights in Bozeman.

When I came back maybe 90 minutes later the room was cleaner but the pillows were still wrong and not all of the surfaces, like the nightstands or the remote control, were clean.

As they say, fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

The hotel had three chances. It failed. Quite epically. It doesn't say much about a hotel if a general manager can't competently provide basic services, like a clean room.

He agreed to walk me, which meant we received $100 cash compensation and 90,000 points under Marriott Bonvoy's terms and conditions. Of course, several weeks later the 90,000 points still haven't been deposited into my Bonvoy account. As a result, I have had to file a complaint with corporate Marriott's Ambassador Service, which likewise has received the run-around.

For nightly rates in excess of $500, everything I experienced was completely unacceptable. Moreover, the AC Hotel is brand new. Like literally only a couple months' old. There is no excuse at all for this. If the AC Hotel is this bad now, what will it be like in a couple years from now?

It turns out this hotel is franchised and operated by Aimbridge. I should have known because the same basic cleanliness and competent staff/management issues repeat themselves across all of my Aimbridge hotels, regardless of the brand.

In the end, I went to another hotel that was perfectly clean with good staff and competent management.

And there's a reason why this hotel wasn't sold-out and was seemingly empty on a weekend when every other hotel in Bozeman was 100% full and every restaurant or bar was likewise busy.

1  Thank 80237travel
Jenna Hughes-Anlar, Guest Services / Front Office at AC Hotel by Marriott Bozeman Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2023

Dear wfbsharon,
We sincerely apologize for the disappointing time spent at our hotel. As we do our best to maintain cleanliness, service, and seamlessness, we failed to do so for you. Our management company doesn't deal with our direct operations anymore, we are a local team ready to help guests enjoy Bozeman to the fullest! We most certainly do follow up with compensation where it is promised, and you definitely should have received that compensation. If there was indeed an issue, I'm unaware of, please reach out directly and we can resolve that for you. Additionally, since our opening in 2022 we have worked out all of the issues and have a great team on board. We hope you may return some day to try our hotel again, and of course would be more than happy to help regarding that future stay to make your trip most enjoyable!

Reviewed 7 October 2022

If you ever stay here, make sure to ask for a room in the back of the hotel because the rooms on Mendenhall Ave. are EXTREMELY loud. Saturday night the loud muffler sounds and car racing sounds lasted until 2:00am.
On Monday and Tuesday mornings at 7:30am the loudest muffler sounds in a continuous pattern lasted for 30-45 minutes. Could this have been teens on their way to high school? Are there muffler laws in MT? It was terrible.
The sliding glass door in the bathroom is the worst....no privacy whatsoever for sounds.

Room tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel, not near Mendenhall Ave.

Dear crunch6,

We are sorry to hear you had so much noise from the street. Typically, we have a peaceful location, set off of Main Street downtown and find it to be ideal for quiet nights. There must have been more traffic than usual. Also, regarding the bathroom door- we hope to create a modern and nice atmosphere for guests in whatever way possible so we are sorry this design did not work for you. We hope to get you in a Mountain View Room facing the Bridgers may you find yourself here again!

Best,
Jenna

Reviewed 20 September 2022

Spartan yet cramped rooms, limited hot water, 50 thread count sheets on an awful little double bed, no housekeeping for the three nights we were there, the meeting rooms had technical issues, service was difficult to track down - ie bar with no bartender, valet was missing. I've had better stays at... well, about anywhere.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear NnN2935 ,

We are sorry to hear you didn't have a very good stay at our hotel. We only have queen and king size bed options and are always willing to upgrade guest room if one is available, especially if the bed seems small or any other issues in the rooms. As we are a new hotel, we do our best to accommodate ALL guests and would love to have you visit again. We have hired a full team to serve guests, from bar to lounge to front desk, so hope you will have a better stay shall you find yourself back again. Thanks again for your comments and we will always strive for improvement.

Best regards,