Open today: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Review Highlights
Outstanding Trip and Guide

If you are searching for a great fly fishing guide then your search is over! My son and I had a... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
S8052WLsabrinaf
Little Rock, Arkansas
First Montana Fishing Trip

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
David P

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews boulder river fly fishing trout great trip float trip every meal caught fish quality fish guide josh great guide pre trip each morning guide service two days nice fish great conversation guided trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm not one that takes pics of my fish, and we did catch some beauties, so I've attached a few pics here. This was my first trip to Montana to fish and Montana Anglers from the first time I enquired to the weeks and days leading up to my departure they were in contact with me on what to expect weather and water-wise, and they were right. They provided a check list of things to bring on the trip. I didn't need anything, but if I did they had it available. Other than the snow storm on my first day the weather was pretty good! My guide Nathan was just a great guide; patient, professional, helpful and just plain knows his stuff. As I'm always learning, he gave some great, helpful advice on improving my techniques. I'm already planning my next trip back and I will call Montana Anglers again to book it.

Date of experience: May 2024
Reviewed 7 January 2024

We had fished with Montana Angler back in 2017 and were looking to book a trip to Patagonia. I remembered that Brian, the owner, featured trips to Patagonia on his website and reached out to him for assistance to plan this bucket list trip for us. Brian worked with PRG North and helped us plan one of the best family vacations we have ever taken.

We knew once we landed in San Martin de los Andes and arrived at the River House, we knew we were in for an incredibly special week. Can't say enough about River House, Erica, and the staff. We loved meeting Alex Kull, the owner of PRG North and his wife Neri, and were lucky enough to have dinner with them on our first and last night in Patagonia. The hike and horseback riding days were absolutely wonderful but the highlight was of course the fishing and camping trip. All three of our kids fell in love with fly fishing which was the cherry on top.

I truly cannot thank Brian enough for all of his help and guidance in planning this trip. LOL Argentina made everything so smooth and seamless. We even hired Gaia to do a 1/2 day tour of the Recoleta Cemetery and the historical sites- we all loved her! And everyone at PRG was just amazing. The guides for fishing, hiking and horseback riding were terrific! Warm, lovely, knowledgeable, patient, fun. Highly recommend Brian and Montana Angler for trips both in Montana and Argentina!

Date of experience: December 2023
Reviewed 19 October 2023

Thanks to Montana Anglers and Mike Hogan for making my wife's and my 30year anniversary awesome! Two-great days floating the Madison and Yellowstone rivers, Mike was fun, knowledgeable, patient and overall just AWESOME. We caught plenty of fish, saw beautiful sites and learned a lot about the rivers.

Reviewed 18 October 2023

We had an amazing time catching trout and fishing experience. Best time to spend with friends and enjoy nature.

Reviewed 17 October 2023 via mobile

Madison River Lodge has all of the best!
Perfect setting, fantastic fishing, delicious perfectly prepared food, extremely comfortable beds, outstanding facilities and best of all — extremely professional staff that attends to your every needs.